Barker and Stonehouse flat pack instructions...

Found 6th Aug 2017
2758441-pvFTt.jpgWhat the hell does any of it mean ?!

Why does it have numbers on every item but nothing is marked on the actual pieces??

what's an s02 ?! Eh!!

Anyone had any experience with it before...

tips??

scared to glue pieces on if I'm not sure it's right

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Surely just lay out all the parts on the floor in piles of the same thing, use your brain to decipher the difference between the parts as per the instructions. Screw it all together.

Looks like any flat pack instruction. Why you gluing?

Original Poster

alankfc025 m ago

Looks like any flat pack instruction. Why you gluing?

Because there is glue in the pack and the instructions have a glue sign on it .

Original Poster

itsdavidjones19847 m ago

Surely just lay out all the parts on the floor in piles of the same thing, …Surely just lay out all the parts on the floor in piles of the same thing, use your brain to decipher the difference between the parts as per the instructions. Screw it all together.

There's 7 packs of stuff !!!

I'm a bit of a flat pack assembly lover, I end up doing most of my families as well as our own , my pride and joy being a Welsh dresser that came in over 300 pieces some years back . ( yep might not have bought it if I'd known before hand , but it's still standing strong 18 odd years later!)

i know it seems a faff, but I always match up all the pieces to the instructions before starting, so you are 100% sure which is which , and also that you have everything. Most flat pack doesn't need to be glued as the screws etc used are enough to keep it in place , but I haven't used barker and stonehouse, so if you have to glue and aren't confident do a dummy run and make sure it looks right first.
If if all else fails lots of companies now make up flag pack furniture for you

chrisredmayne34 m ago

There's 7 packs of stuff !!!

What on earth did you buy that requires 7packs of stuff to build?

these are never easy. i tend to ignore the instructions and just build it from what i think it should look like.

Hope you have a second pair of hands helping you out with that, looks like a heavy item to be making from flat pack for one person to hold in place and make.

As others have said the first job is to sort out the parts into type and lay out in piles in the bedroom you're going to build.

The parts you will need last (door parts, mirrors etc) can be moved out of the room to create space.

Then just start at the beginning of the instructions - it is important to follow the instructions as if you miss a fitting out you may weaken the structural strength of the furniture. Just take your time - accept it will take you quite a few hours from the outset and try to keep your patience!

It gets easier as you go as you begin to get the knack of how all the connection fittings work - and then you have less parts less so less working out what part is the one you want!

Worth using a cordless drill/screwdriver if you have one to save a lot of manual screwing - and put the spare battery on charge.

The glue is likely to be just for dowels - to glue them in to pre-drilled holes.

The hardest part is likely to be fitting the doors and ensuring they slide smoothly - if the frame is not perfectly square (needs your floor to be level!) then if could be difficult.

Seen worse but good luck. A powered screwdriver like a Bosch ixo really helps when doign this stuff.
Edited by: "tallpete33" 7th Aug 2017

mutley14 h, 49 m ago

these are never easy. i tend to ignore the instructions and just build it …these are never easy. i tend to ignore the instructions and just build it from what i think it should look like.

As usual, sound advice.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions