Barking dogs!

Posted 1st Feb
Whilst I have no issues with the standard barking dog, I do have an issue with a persistent bark which barks morning noon and night, it appears to be a German Shepard on the estate (unsure what house it’s actually from).
I’ve emailed the council about the issue but they’ve basically fobbed me off saying I need to know the door number of the address before they can do anything.

Has anyone had any issues with loud barking dogs before? What did you do?

It’s really getting to me where it’s all I can seem to here whilst at home. Aaaah !!!!
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Yes, classified as Anti Social Behaviour and the council can do something about it. But it does take time and yes, of course they need to know who/what is the cause of the ASB. Is it unreasonable for you or others to find the source?
RSPCA came out to a house on our estate to a small dog constantly yipping all day when owner was out. Try them (you'll need to know where it's coming from I would have thought)
German Shepard’s are a nightmare , I live next door to one . It’s been there 2 years almost. When they first got it it wud bark day and night , it took around a year for it to settle down a little and not bark as much , it now barks during the night and I absolutely hate it . I read online council does nothing so I hv not reported it . I hv spoken to my neighbour many times about it but the will not allow it in the house and it stays in the garden all day . I would love to know too if anyone has had any success with reporting a barking dog issue .
I feel your pain pabz, and the dog I have the issue with isn’t immediately next door to me! Some people are just so inconsiderate these days, they do not care, I bet these owners are the types that park on double yellows and put plastic in their recycling bins too!
Council will ask you to make a diary if they get enough complaints they will eventually try measure how loud it is and issue a noise complaint order or something like that.

It's not the poor dogs fault. Sounds like the owners are not exercising it enough and if it kept in a yard all day it will basically stay in guard mode all the time.
My neighbours dog did nothing but bark, drive me mad as I do night shifts . Sold are house “not become of a dog “ and now live in a close with no dogs . The joy
Edited by: "ashmac" 1st Feb
andyjp101/02/2020 09:42

I feel your pain pabz, and the dog I have the issue with isn’t immediately …I feel your pain pabz, and the dog I have the issue with isn’t immediately next door to me! Some people are just so inconsiderate these days, they do not care, I bet these owners are the types that park on double yellows and put plastic in their recycling bins too!

You will only get something sorted if you and maybe other neighbours take action.
This web page makes specific mention of barking dogs
citizensadvice.org.uk/hou…ur/
so you have the info from a reliable source. Just follow that advice to the letter and if you get nowhere at least you will know you tried everything you could.
I’m a postman and there’s a few dogs that if I lived next to them I’d want to move. The worst is a benefits family with like 7 kids and 20 dogs that bark and go wild all day. The neighbours have all complained and council have said because it’s during the day nothing they can do.
toonsquirel01/02/2020 14:47

I’m a postman and there’s a few dogs that if I lived next to them I’d want …I’m a postman and there’s a few dogs that if I lived next to them I’d want to move. The worst is a benefits family with like 7 kids and 20 dogs that bark and go wild all day. The neighbours have all complained and council have said because it’s during the day nothing they can do.

the council may well say that but the trick is not to give up so easilly - go to the next level up - see my previous link
We had a neighbour who’s 2 dogs would bark from 3ish in the morning. We spoke to them several times and they just said they were heavy sleepers so didn’t hear them barking.

We contacted the council who said we need to create a diary of evidence, date, time it started and stopped, what happened and the impact to you I.e woke me up, couldn’t get back to sleep etc. After a month they called back and luckily could hear the dogs barking while I was on the phone so sent them a guidance letter. The barking stopped immediately by following the dog wardens advice.

If they didn’t stop next action was enforcement action by the council.

Start making a diary and recordings if possible ASAP and DO report it to the council & dog warden. There should be advice on the council website.

Ps I own 2 dogs. I’m lucky they rarely bark, only when someone comes to the door.

Here’s an example from our council Website
fareham.gov.uk/lic…spx
Edited by: "paul1005" 1st Feb
My neighbour's have a husky and it howls constantly. If it does it inside the house it sounds like an air raid warning, kept diary after reporting it and because it is walked regularly and very well looked after they wouldn't do anything telling me it's a very social dog and will howl when left alone even for the shortest of periods. Doesn't solve the problem as I never said it was neglected. It dug through to my garden and when I reported that the housing said I had to sort it out with the neighbour's myself, I just dont think they're interested when it comes to reporting nuisance dogs.
ashmac01/02/2020 12:43

My neighbours dog did nothing but bark, drive me mad as I do night shifts …My neighbours dog did nothing but bark, drive me mad as I do night shifts . Sold are house “not become of a dog “ and now live in a close with no dogs . The joy

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants