Barry Bennell in hospital after being found unconscious

Found 28th Nov 2016
Ex-youth football coach Barry Bennell, who is at the centre of a sex abuse scandal, has been taken to hospital after being found unconscious.

Good

1. Misc
  2. BBC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. BBC
28 Comments

He's a scumbag of premier league proportions

Why is it 'good'? Do you think that someone has taken the law into their own hands and given him a kicking?

RonChew

Why is it 'good'? Do you think that someone has taken the law into their … Why is it 'good'? Do you think that someone has taken the law into their own hands and given him a kicking?

​I reckon he's pulled the plug on himself....hopefully

RonChew

Why is it 'good'? Do you think that someone has taken the law into their … Why is it 'good'? Do you think that someone has taken the law into their own hands and given him a kicking?

​would that be a bad thing?

Banned

RonChew

More than likely

shadey12

​would that be a bad thing?

Yes. Do you think that the victims have all come forward, at great personal cost, just to give some self-appointed vigilante a reason to get some satisfaction out of giving a paedophile a kicking?

Surely their aim is to try to get some measure of justice for their suffering by having Bennell put into prison to live the rest of his life there and to ensure that this sort of exploitation can never occur again.

this happened Friday night...you lot are abit slow with the breaking news lately

it was at a Novotel so more likely he tried to top himself...not a lynch mob in sight

Bloody good jib, no justice for those that suffered
What a coward

RonChew

Yes. Do you think that the victims have all come forward, at great … Yes. Do you think that the victims have all come forward, at great personal cost, just to give some self-appointed vigilante a reason to get some satisfaction out of giving a paedophile a kicking?Surely their aim is to try to get some measure of justice for their suffering by having Bennell put into prison to live the rest of his life there and to ensure that this sort of exploitation can never occur again.

^^^^ This

Far better he rot in prison for the rest of his miserable life.

RonChew

Yes. Do you think that the victims have all come forward, at great … Yes. Do you think that the victims have all come forward, at great personal cost, just to give some self-appointed vigilante a reason to get some satisfaction out of giving a paedophile a kicking?Surely their aim is to try to get some measure of justice for their suffering by having Bennell put into prison to live the rest of his life there and to ensure that this sort of exploitation can never occur again.

​i don't know why they have come forward.
I would think that part of the reason would be to highlight a problem in society which I think will most probably end up much bigger than one individual.
I think personally once convicted of this type of offence you should never be released,
I don't think you can ever be rehabilitated by any system currently in place.
I know it goes against our justice system of "do your crime, do your time" and get another chance, but how may people like this only abuse one child?
time and time again we hear of serial abusers or abusers being released and doing it again.
the only way to stop it short of the death penalty is lock them up and throw away the key.

Original Poster

spoo

^^^^ ThisFar better he rot in prison for the rest of his miserable life.

Hopefully they give him regular near death beatings, however sadly if more come forward and he gets locked up again he'll be on a special wing and protected at a huge cost to the taxpayer.

According to Eric Bristow, the victims of Barry Bennell are not 'proper men' : linky

What a complete and utter ****

Edited by: "spoo" 29th Nov 2016

spoo

According to Eric Bristow, the victims of Barry Bennell are not 'proper … According to Eric Bristow, the victims of Barry Bennell are not 'proper men' : linkyWhat a complete and utter ****

what a bizarre comment from Bristow, clearly 'victim blaming'.

Original Poster

spoo

According to Eric Bristow, the victims of Barry Bennell are not 'proper … According to Eric Bristow, the victims of Barry Bennell are not 'proper men' : linkyWhat a complete and utter ****

He needs a good slap since he's apparently so hard.

For serial abusers like this scumbag chemical castration should be used as a automatic punishment.
These people hide behind the urge to abuse by stating its an illness and the liberal do gooders back them up.
castration would remove the urge.

1066owl

For serial abusers like this scumbag chemical castration should be used … For serial abusers like this scumbag chemical castration should be used as a automatic punishment.These people hide behind the urge to abuse by stating its an illness and the liberal do gooders back them up.castration would remove the urge.

If it's not a psychiatric disorder then what is it?

although Eric Bristows comment is pretty vile i do find it odd that none of these men went to the police after Bennells first conviction in the mid 90s, didn't have to make it public like now but put in a complaint to be looked into

DarkEnergy2012

although Eric Bristows comment is pretty vile i do find it odd that none … although Eric Bristows comment is pretty vile i do find it odd that none of these men went to the police after Bennells first conviction in the mid 90s, didn't have to make it public like now but put in a complaint to be looked into

It doesn't matter if you think that's strange.

DarkEnergy2012

although Eric Bristows comment is pretty vile i do find it odd that none … although Eric Bristows comment is pretty vile i do find it odd that none of these men went to the police after Bennells first conviction in the mid 90s, didn't have to make it public like now but put in a complaint to be looked into

Many of his victims were still playing professionally at the time and wouldn't have wanted to face the inevitable mockery they'd receive from idiots with similar views to Bristow.

Original Poster

DarkEnergy2012

You could say the same about Jimmy Saville, I think there is probably extra stigma attached since they were male victims and they probably didn't want to relive it, Often the victims feel it is their fault in some way. Must be very horrible having to live with such horror.

DarkEnergy2012

I suppose (am only guessing here) that they were still relatively young and not so confident in themselves. This changes as you get older, and you 'care' less what others will think of you (in my experience). Then there's the whole matter of how more 'socially acceptable' (that's the wrong term but can't think of a better one now) it has become to admit to this.

spoo

Many of his victims were still playing professionally at the time and … Many of his victims were still playing professionally at the time and wouldn't have wanted to face the inevitable mockery they'd receive from idiots with similar views to Bristow.

that's the point I was trying to make, no one would know apart from the police so there wouldn't be any mockery, sorry if I worded it incorrectly or came across as insensitive, it's very late here & someone has spiked my empty glass with large amounts of fine wine

DarkEnergy2012

that's the point I was trying to make, no one would know apart from the … that's the point I was trying to make, no one would know apart from the police so there wouldn't be any mockery, sorry if I worded it incorrectly or came across as insensitive, it's very late here & someone has spiked my empty glass with large amounts of fine wine

I think your comment was extremely distasteful.
You have no right criticising their decision to reveal what happened later on in life rather than earlier.
Edited by: "DT89" 29th Nov 2016

Attitudes held by Bristow are one of the reasons these poor CHILDREN couldn't speak out back then.

If he thought it was acceptable in 2016.....then imagine the hostility in the 70s/80s!

Banned

Former football coach Barry Bennell has been charged with eight offences … Former football coach Barry Bennell has been charged with eight offences of sexual assault against a boy aged under 14, prosecutors have said.

Cant be that ill now then

YouDontWantToKnow

Cant be that ill now then

Which would suggest that it was an attempted suicide.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564062
    2. UBER can be a waste of money1222
    3. Leicester sack their manager!710
    4. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)91184

See more discussions