Base Just Back Ordered My Pre-Order Despite Placing My Order Nearly 3 Weeks Before Launch

Found 17th May
So I've had Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition on Pre-order with Base.com since May 1st and Base have just put my pre-order to back order saying they're out of stock. This is pretty absurd to me as isn't the entire point of pre-ordering to get a guaranteed copy for launch? I'd understand if I had placed my order the day before launch.

Has this ever happened to anyone else when using Base? One things for sure, I never plan to use them again.
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
Not with Base but it has with ShopTo
ah, that's rubbish, Base keep being cheapest and ive got a few on order with them... tbh I don't mind a delay as im all about cheapest and I have a back log but if you preorder you expect day one...

I have this with Smyths so ill pick it up tomorrow. - bizarrely they only hold preorders - even if you paid for them - for two days?? why? lol...

shops and their policies are sometimes without logic.
It was Base being the cheapest that drew me to them, it's the first time I've used them for pre-orders. Nevermind, I ended up deciding to pre-order through the E-shop since I had a fair few gold coins to reduce the price and after getting top-ups through CDKeys the price ended up being cheaper anyway.

I did Google Base and I found a few reviews stating the same thing happened to them with pre-orders so I'm not the first person to be done by this mix up with Base. I hope they buck up their ideas.
Base is awful in experience. I dislike the company and their support team due to randomly cancelling orders and their poor attitude to me in the past when I question this. I avoid using them these days.
Well this experience has definitely swayed me from ever using them again. I usually use SimplyGames for Pre-orders, never had an issue with them but like I said, Base being a few quid cheaper made me go with them, big mistake.
Probably not Base's fault. Just classic Nintendo under-shipping. now they get a bit of "Swich Game sells out" press...
Krooner37 m ago

Probably not Base's fault. Just classic Nintendo under-shipping. now they …Probably not Base's fault. Just classic Nintendo under-shipping. now they get a bit of "Swich Game sells out" press...

I've found a few older reviews from people that had the same issue but with PS4 games. Plus if it was Nintendo, wouldn't every online retailer be cancelling pre-orders?
WeskerLives30 m ago

I've found a few older reviews from people that had the same issue but …I've found a few older reviews from people that had the same issue but with PS4 games. Plus if it was Nintendo, wouldn't every online retailer be cancelling pre-orders?

Maybe so.

Nintendo are notorious for shipping low numbers on software though. Its how they keep the retail prices buoyed. Something like this that could see confused purchasers trading in if they find the gameplay too repetitive I'd imagine they'd try to protect.

If it's happening across platforms at Base, I'd guess their credit standing with publishers isn't high enough to fulfil the order numbers. They shouldn't be taking them on really, clown show if they're doing it time and time again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants