Basic Tablet for a Smart Home

Posted 23rd Nov
Hi everyone!
Looking for recommendations, especially with the current sales on, for a basic tablet.
Just want a device I can control Hue lights from, heating or my TV etc without having to use my phone all the time.
Would be nice to watch a film in the bath on too but I don't need the most powerful thing or 4k etc.
Don't mind getting a recommended one from abroad either.
Decent battery life and low cost are my main hopes.
Any recommendations would be wonderful thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
What is your budget?
Haircut_10023/11/2019 13:59

What is your budget?

Thanks for replying! I would like to say under £100. I saw the Amazon Fire 7 was on deal for £30 but did not get the best reviews. i would prefer Android as I know it well.
MrAdamR23/11/2019 14:05

Thanks for replying! I would like to say under £100. I saw the Amazon Fire …Thanks for replying! I would like to say under £100. I saw the Amazon Fire 7 was on deal for £30 but did not get the best reviews. i would prefer Android as I know it well.

Fire Tablet 10, i think was reported just under £100
Edited by: "Palwan" 23rd Nov
The Fire is decent enough as you won't need mega RAM processor if its just for your home gadgets. Especially if most of your equipment is worked by Alexa.
Thanks again! What operating system do Fire tablets work on? Any Xiaomi or thank kind of far east brands have decent spec but cheap tablets?
MrAdamR23/11/2019 14:43

Thanks again! What operating system do Fire tablets work on? Any Xiaomi or …Thanks again! What operating system do Fire tablets work on? Any Xiaomi or thank kind of far east brands have decent spec but cheap tablets?

Runs on Fire OS which is Android based.
All-new Fire 7 Tablet | 7" display, 16 GB for £29.99 todays Black Friday deals.
amazon.co.uk/dp/…0H9
Thanks! would you all say Fire 7 is better than Lenovo Tab E7? I see that is on deal too and only £10 more.Thanks
BaronVonDouche23/11/2019 15:02

Runs on Fire OS which is Android based. All-new Fire 7 Tablet | 7" …Runs on Fire OS which is Android based. All-new Fire 7 Tablet | 7" display, 16 GB for £29.99 todays Black Friday deals.https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JQRYR5M/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_i_ELu2Db30NB0H9

Have you got one of these btw? I have looked at various reviews and it does not go down to well in them A lot of people saying it is slow and lots of ads. I know I have to aim low for this budget but finding it hard to see an alternative to this. Any other recommendations would be wonderful specially Android ones.
MrAdamR24/11/2019 12:17

Have you got one of these btw? I have looked at various reviews and it …Have you got one of these btw? I have looked at various reviews and it does not go down to well in them A lot of people saying it is slow and lots of ads. I know I have to aim low for this budget but finding it hard to see an alternative to this. Any other recommendations would be wonderful specially Android ones.

The kids have one each and never complained. Its usually people are expecting it to be instantaneous, but for the size of RAM it is perfectly decent. You definitely won't get anything mega fast for under 30 quid unless its second hand.
Plus is all four home gadgets are Alexa these are perfect.
Lenovo is good.
Both 1gb RAM.
Fire has slightly bigger processor.
Fire has slightly better screen resolution.
google.com/amp…-E7
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants