Expired

Basic Tablet, sub £50.00

Found 20th Feb 2014
Can anyone recommend a cheap, basic tablet for under £50.00?
Looking for 7" screen, suitable for viewing pdf documents & connecting to internet to download product service manuals.
It would need to have wifi and an micro SD card slot
These are for on the road engineers.
Community Updates
AskAsicsTablet
26 Comments
i bought one off amazon for £30, just searched for "cheap tablet" its ok for what it is, does everything you're asking of it albeit a bit slow. the price also reflects the poor battery life, but i can't complain for £30. i think the brand is allwinner altho there's nothing on the box or tablet itself.
For that price and screen size it will not have a very suitable screen res for viewing the documents you mention. Once you have the text to a size you can read you'll then spend all your time moving the screen about.
Argoj

For that price and screen size it will not have a very suitable screen … For that price and screen size it will not have a very suitable screen res for viewing the documents you mention. Once you have the text to a size you can read you'll then spend all your time moving the screen about.

Yes, understand your point as I have a Nexus 7 but a 10" screen would be too impractical to cart about.
Carphone Warehouse have some tablets around £50.
Maybe an 8 incher......
Canary0500

Carphone Warehouse have some tablets around £50.

Thanks but not the greatest reviews on the sub £50.00 ones.
10" ain't impractical. They will find the 7" useless for docs.
A service engineer looking at a 7 inch screen - you can't be serious ?
This is a 9" at half price of £60 seems a reasonable tablet at not a bad price: amazon.co.uk/Tab…let
foes4you

A service engineer looking at a 7 inch screen - you can't be serious ?

Is there a theory or logic behind this statement?
Some of the guys I deal with don't do too bad whilst viewing on a Galaxy S2 which works out at about ¼ the size of screen. The boss is just trying to make things a bit easier.
dereklogan7

This is a 9" at half price of £60 seems a reasonable tablet at not a bad … This is a 9" at half price of £60 seems a reasonable tablet at not a bad price: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TabExpress-CAMERA-WIFI-1024X600-Resolution-1G-RAM-16G/dp/B00I7ETGFQ/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1392932249&sr=8-27&keywords=10+inch+tablet

Thank you, I will bear it in mind if the boss decides to change his mind to a larger than 7" tablet.
Well they are tax deductable so I think he can stretch to the 9-10". I presume they won't be trying to squeeze it into a hand bag.
Some service manuals look very poor quality when reduced in size, and trying to maneuver around it on a 7 inch tablet under £50 (not a Galaxy S2 mate) will be impossible.
Just came back to see if any fights had started. But it's looking quiet, I'll have another look later.
Archos Elements 80 Titanium 8 GB - will do the jon and yo umay find for £50
foes4you

Some service manuals look very poor quality when reduced in size, and … Some service manuals look very poor quality when reduced in size, and trying to maneuver around it on a 7 inch tablet under £50 (not a Galaxy S2 mate) will be impossible.

I depends on the quality of the service manual being used, yes some are very poor but the majority of ones we use are proper ones and not vague photocopies. I know the screen on a sub £50.00 tablet is not going to be great compared to my Nexus 7, but for the error codes, fault finding text etc it should be adequate for the time being. Yes, complex wiring diagrams would be totally different but there are other ways around that.
I think someone at work has a lower screen res, 7" tablet and I will get them to bring that in to check some manuals on it.
Tesco hudl with club card vouchers?
bargainsgalore123

Tesco hudl with club card vouchers?

Unfortunately not for between 5 and 15 tablets required.
Lucky_Taz

Unfortunately not for between 5 and 15 tablets required.

Oh, sorry
bargainsgalore123

Oh, sorry

No worries
If your manuals are good you could try a pdf on a Kindle. These are £51 new at the moment, they dont go flat in a hurry.
foes4you

If your manuals are good you could try a pdf on a Kindle. These are £51 … If your manuals are good you could try a pdf on a Kindle. These are £51 new at the moment, they dont go flat in a hurry.

Thanks, will see what it is like on the boss's Kindle.
What sort if servicing do you do.
Tinker123

Commercial catering equipment.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants