Found 16th Jun 2010
I have just got someone to replace the bathroom suite but have not changed the tiles on the walls (will do at a later date), the problem is that with the new bath there is a gap of about 4cm (4cm high x length of bath) between bath and tiles. What can/should i do with this gap apart from tile it?

Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Bathroom
9 Comments

small mirrors?

you get tile spacers in b&q about 4cm in height, would be worth having look at them....

bikerjodie;8854574

you get tile spacers in b&q about 4cm in height, would be worth having … you get tile spacers in b&q about 4cm in height, would be worth having look at them....

+ 1:thumbsup: same idea here !

or just put a wooden batten in as a temporary measure to fill the gap until you re-tile the bathroom. You can also get plastic profiles for round the bath but I suspect they won't be big enough.....

why didnt the installer match the new bath height up with the old one?

Original Poster

pinkleponkle;8854665

why didnt the installer match the new bath height up with the old one?

tiles came off when he pulled the bath off as bracket was screwed in behind tiles.

What are tile spacers?

Banned

tommy_1;8854710

tiles came off when he pulled the bath off as bracket was screwed in … tiles came off when he pulled the bath off as bracket was screwed in behind tiles.What are tile spacers?

arent they like small tiles, people use as borders

spacers are those small cross hair shaped white plastic bits that align the corners of 4 tiles
to achieve a uniform and straight lines

get the fitter back and get them to fit it properly. they have obviously done a bad job. Height is adjustable.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201766
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50428
    3. Win the Diono Quantum travel system, worth £500 @ Netmums11
    4. Win free gin for a year88

See more discussions