Groups

Bathroom LED spotlights rusted

Hi everyone

Just noticed all 6 spotlights in my en-suite are rusting, pretty bad. Looks like the fitter perhaps used the wrong quality / not showerproof ones? Im guesing the steam from the shower, over time, has caused them to rust (as seen in the picture).

Can someone please point me in the right direction for the exact ones I would need?

Greatly appreciated. Thanks.

12 Comments

Original Poster

http://i65.tinypic.com/jrtehl.png

I bought a replacement 10 pack on amazon for £19.99 I think. Have a look on there. Think they are listed as best seller

Or soak them in coke and scrub with tin foil

Get stainless steal ones. Screwfix. Toolstation. Anywhere really. They seem to come all sealed. You can't remove led bulb so those you have are no good now unless you can use in another light.

wayners

Get stainless steal ones. Screwfix. Toolstation. Anywhere really. They … Get stainless steal ones. Screwfix. Toolstation. Anywhere really. They seem to come all sealed. You can't remove led bulb so those you have are no good now unless you can use in another light.

Of course you can remove and re use the bulbs!. They are held in with little clips

These might do the job although not stainless steal. I do like the new type that's all in one with bulb fixed in though.. But if your current bulbs fit this light then you in luck at £4 tradelighting.co.uk/fir…wcB

wayners

These might do the job although not stainless steal. I do like the new … These might do the job although not stainless steal. I do like the new type that's all in one with bulb fixed in though.. But if your current bulbs fit this light then you in luck at £4 https://www.tradelighting.co.uk/fire-rated-downlight-gu10-fixed-brushed-chrome-finish-4133?gclid=CjwKEAiAj7TCBRCp2Z22ue-zrj4SJACG7SBEox3-tTkHNKVck4LJL5PICfbxE1iEruCHnWcrQKi64BoCoofw_wcB#fo_c=915&fo_k=0bc894dba61ca623d2557510d3128e51&fo_s=gplauk

Those are not IP65 so they are not really suitable for a bathroom

These ones are IP65 rated and Fire rated, approx £6 each
    ebay.co.uk/itm…776?var=&hash=item35e8fb20f8:m:m3UqIazgxvi2f24KJv9ExsA

Sandy1012

Those are not IP65 so they are not really suitable for a bathroomThese … Those are not IP65 so they are not really suitable for a bathroomThese ones are IP65 rated and Fire rated, approx £6 eachhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-x-Fire-Rated-IP65-Bathroom-LED-GU10-Recessed-Ceiling-Spotlights-Downlights-/231542038776?var=&hash=item35e8fb20f8:m:m3UqIazgxvi2f24KJv9ExsA

​Yeah. Just being a cheapskate. I would recommend buying the all in one sealed led stainless steel lights.

Original Poster

Cheers guys, Amazon one it is!

no heat generated by led hence condensation
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Zelda Game?79
      2. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9533
      3. Cinema 24122
      4. Recommend accurate weighing scales22

See more discussions