Bathroom LED mirror with walk in sensor

Posted 26th NovEdited by:"delusion"
Trying to find an LED mirror with a sensor that detects you have walked into the bathroom, rather than have waved your hands in front of the mirror itself..

Do they exist and has anyone got any recommendations?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
On the assumption that a mirror's integral sensor / PIR would be directional and the mirror may not be facing the door so preventing trigger on entering bathroom, maybe consider a standard manually-switched LED mirror but with remote PIR sensor to perform an automated switch, ideally with adjustable on time. This £9.99 PIR may suit if its IP20 rating meets the regs requirement of where it would be mounted; adjustable on period up to 15mins amazon.co.uk/SEB…9F/
AndyRoyd26/11/2019 11:08

On the assumption that a mirror's integral sensor / PIR would be …On the assumption that a mirror's integral sensor / PIR would be directional and the mirror may not be facing the door so preventing trigger on entering bathroom, maybe consider a standard manually-switched LED mirror but with remote PIR sensor to perform an automated switch, ideally with adjustable on time. This £9.99 PIR may suit if its IP20 rating meets the regs requirement of where it would be mounted; adjustable on period up to 15mins https://www.amazon.co.uk/SEBSON-Ceiling-Infrared-suitable-swivelling/dp/B0789XFS9F/

Interesting thanks. Am surprised its so hard to find mirrors with this built in.
AndyRoyd26/11/2019 11:08

On the assumption that a mirror's integral sensor / PIR would be …On the assumption that a mirror's integral sensor / PIR would be directional and the mirror may not be facing the door so preventing trigger on entering bathroom, maybe consider a standard manually-switched LED mirror but with remote PIR sensor to perform an automated switch, ideally with adjustable on time. This £9.99 PIR may suit if its IP20 rating meets the regs requirement of where it would be mounted; adjustable on period up to 15mins https://www.amazon.co.uk/SEBSON-Ceiling-Infrared-suitable-swivelling/dp/B0789XFS9F/

Hi, could these be fitted to a undercover porch? I have 5 LED lights fitted in a line at the moment but PIR would be cool? Thanks
delusion26/11/2019 11:19

Interesting thanks. Am surprised its so hard to find mirrors with this …Interesting thanks. Am surprised its so hard to find mirrors with this built in.

it's not, ebay and amazon have loads of cheap ones problem is they mostly don't work.
many use the cheap pir security sensors which have no logic to work out when they should work or not so most won't work with even the tiniest hint of daylight.
I made the mistake of buying one and thought it was faulty as wouldn't come on, then got up in the middle of night and was gob smacked when it came on, i had triggered it from down the hall after leaving bathroom door open
Edited by: "maddogb" 26th Nov
maddogb26/11/2019 12:14

it's not, ebay and amazon have loads of cheap ones problem is they mostly …it's not, ebay and amazon have loads of cheap ones problem is they mostly don't work.many use the cheap pir security sensors which have no logic to work out when they should work or not so most won't work with even the tiniest hint of daylight.I made the mistake of buying one and thought it was faulty as wouldn't come on, then got up in the middle of night and was gob smacked when it came on, i had triggered it from down the hall after leaving bathroom door open

Fingers crossed someone can recommend a good one that works well.
DougGuerrier26/11/2019 12:02

Hi, could these be fitted to a undercover porch? I have 5 LED lights …Hi, could these be fitted to a undercover porch? I have 5 LED lights fitted in a line at the moment but PIR would be cool? Thanks

Although likely electrically OK the mounting design of the prev mentioned Amazon item is probably not suited to a porch. Maybe consider the more traditional external PIRs such as £6.58 delivered Prime amazon.co.uk/Deg…26/ or if you're quick there is currently a cheaper and more discreet Amazon Warehouse option around £5 amazon.co.uk/gp/…HK/ . Both those suggestions have adjustable ambient light sensors and adjustable on duration.
AndyRoyd26/11/2019 12:53

Although likely electrically OK the mounting design of the prev mentioned …Although likely electrically OK the mounting design of the prev mentioned Amazon item is probably not suited to a porch. Maybe consider the more traditional external PIRs such as £6.58 delivered Prime https://www.amazon.co.uk/Degree-Sensor-1000W-External-Switch/dp/B076BNRJ26/ or if you're quick there is currently a cheaper and more discreet Amazon Warehouse option around £5 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B07PNBW9HK/ . Both those suggestions have adjustable ambient light sensors and adjustable on duration.

Serling advice - many thanks for the help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions