Up or down pressure is the same

Been 30 mins can’t get it to stop

3372655-veEYn.jpg
3372655-QSfWd.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Can you isolate it and turn off the water supply to it? Could be that the internal washer has gone.
Tighten / remove tap lever (typically allen/hex key grubscrew). If no allen key available or unsure about AK use:
either isolate locally (inline valve likely under basin), or
isolate in-property (stopcock, typically in kitchen area), or
isolate outside property (external stop tap, typically under small cover or pit cover).
Turn the water supply off either should be a stopper on the copper pipe going towards the tap or then will have to be mains

Remove that half red/half blue dot in centre with a small flat should just pop out

Use alan key and open the bolt

Take off head

Cartridge inside most likely needs to be changed they are usually a fiver from screw fix
Edited by: "Sohail-A" 23rd Dec 2019
As Andy has said, check under the basin for an in-line isolator on the hot and cold supply. Should have a screw for a flat blade screwdriver that you turn (90 degrees I think).
Did you drown
Pull the handle down 🤭🤭
Sorry to jump in and hijack this post. I’ve got the opposite problem and my tap won’t turn on! All other taps are fine and work as they should but I have one tap that the flow of water slowed down over a few days now I can’t get any water fri. It at all. Any ideas as to what this could be? Thanks.
*from it at all.
Good morning.
Did you manage to fix it?
If not, I hope that you're not on a water meter
Sohail-A24/12/2019 06:53

Cartridge or the washer damaged

I was thinking the washer but wouldn’t it keep dripping instead of dry up completely? Is the cartridge a big job? I’m female as you can tell lol. Thanks for your reply.
XSerenityX24/12/2019 09:06

I was thinking the washer but wouldn’t it keep dripping instead of dry up c …I was thinking the washer but wouldn’t it keep dripping instead of dry up completely? Is the cartridge a big job? I’m female as you can tell lol. Thanks for your reply.

When a washer starts to fall apart a portion of it may get stuck in the water path and stop the flow but it is more likely to be a cartridge type that has failed, have a look here or search similar terms ie "replace basin tap ceramic cartridge"
maddogb24/12/2019 11:06

When a washer starts to fall apart a portion of it may get stuck in the …When a washer starts to fall apart a portion of it may get stuck in the water path and stop the flow but it is more likely to be a cartridge type that has failed, have a look here or search similar terms ie "replace basin tap ceramic cartridge"

Thanks so much for your help. I’ll get that looked into. I really appreciate your input. 😃
XSerenityX24/12/2019 09:06

I was thinking the washer but wouldn’t it keep dripping instead of dry up c …I was thinking the washer but wouldn’t it keep dripping instead of dry up completely? Is the cartridge a big job? I’m female as you can tell lol. Thanks for your reply.

To be honest it can be daunting but can be simple

Think of it like this

Its broken can you make it any worse? Lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions