Groups

Batman: Arkham Asylum (Pre-Order) from The Hut

I was one of many who ordered Batman PS3 from The Hut at the start of August when then they had the possible misprice + voucher code so it was only £22.44.

Did anyone receive it on release day yesterday?

I had a call on Wednesday saying there was a problem with my card and to contact them which I did, they tried the card again and it went through fine so I checked the details and they confirmed I was getting Batman for £22.44 which I thought they would have cancelled.

Just checked my account online and it still says processing so doesn't seem to have been despatched yet which is a bit disappointing although for that price I can't really complain.

22 Comments

Original Poster

Hello, anyone ?????

many people received this a couple of days before release day infact.

Original Poster

foxxes;6152671

many people received this a couple of days before release day infact.

Seriously? Or you just winding me up :x

Banned

mufc72;6152683

Seriously? Or you just winding me up :x

try reading the original hut thread. many had it early.

i got my ps3 batman on thursday

Original Poster

csiman;6152696

try reading the original hut thread. many had it early.

Which one, loads coming up.

Original Poster

allanukscotland;6152714

i got my ps3 batman on thursday

Oh right, bummer, wonder where mine is. Haven't had todays post yet but website still says Processing.:?

its worth the wait great game

I got mine on Wednesday (26th) wooo!

Banned

i got mine on wednesday also

Got mine the Wednesday 2!! with the £2.50 TheHut Voucher off and quido showing a high 0.86p not alot but will do £21.40 or something was well pleased!!!!!!!!! RECOMMEND THIS GAME TO ALL ITS GREAT!! kept me of COD4 for a couple of days!

Gotta agree with anyone else saying this game is ace, it truly is. I took delivery of the collectors' ed y'day. Can't really convey just how good it really is.

Elements of Metal Gear Solid stealth, graphics are astounding - as good as Gears of War (character models are somewhat similar, A-class presentation, great sound design and music, brilliant and satisfying beat em up elements. Well integrated gadgets and upgradables. Top-notch voice acting and storylining. I could go on for a few more paragraphs.

The whole thing translates beautifully into a video game.

Best franchise tie-in since N64 Goldeneye imo. Truly a Batman fans' dream come true.

Banned

robtallica;6154930

Gotta agree with anyone else saying this game is ace, it truly is. I took … Gotta agree with anyone else saying this game is ace, it truly is. I took delivery of the collectors' ed y'day. Can't really convey just how good it really is.Elements of Metal Gear Solid stealth, graphics are astounding - as good as Gears of War (character models are somewhat similar, A-class presentation, great sound design and music, brilliant and satisfying beat em up elements. Well integrated gadgets and upgradables. Top-notch voice acting and storylining. I could go on for a few more paragraphs.The whole thing translates beautifully into a video game.Best franchise tie-in since N64 Goldeneye imo. Truly a Batman fans' dream come true.

Thats put me right off :?

csiman;6155023

Thats put me right off :?

Yep, a slice of MGS is definitely in there tbh. You have parts of the game where you are encouraged to pick off a pack of guards via non-detection. Early corridor parts aswell.

Banned

robtallica;6155107

Yep, a slice of MGS is definitely in there tbh. You have parts of the … Yep, a slice of MGS is definitely in there tbh. You have parts of the game where you are encouraged to pick off a pack of guards via non-detection. Early corridor parts aswell.

thats the part of the demo I couldnt get past as they all had guns and walked around together :oops:

I dont think stealthy games are really my bag :thumbsup:

Talking of bitter. I got a bit too indulgent and completed Arkham Asylum last night, only started it on Friday night. Story mode was complete for me at 75% completion.

Wish I'd taken it a little slower now. GREAT game, but too short a story mode.

robtallica;6154930

Gotta agree with anyone else saying this game is ace, it truly is. I took … Gotta agree with anyone else saying this game is ace, it truly is. I took delivery of the collectors' ed y'day. Can't really convey just how good it really is.Elements of Metal Gear Solid stealth, graphics are astounding - as good as Gears of War (character models are somewhat similar, A-class presentation, great sound design and music, brilliant and satisfying beat em up elements. Well integrated gadgets and upgradables. Top-notch voice acting and storylining. I could go on for a few more paragraphs.The whole thing translates beautifully into a video game.Best franchise tie-in since N64 Goldeneye imo. Truly a Batman fans' dream come true.

robtallica;6155107

Yep, a slice of MGS is definitely in there tbh. You have parts of the … Yep, a slice of MGS is definitely in there tbh. You have parts of the game where you are encouraged to pick off a pack of guards via non-detection. Early corridor parts aswell.

From what i've played on the demo, and as I believe the part your talking about is in the demo (unless there are more parts exactly like that which makes it repetitive great) That is not stealth that's aim at a gargoyle (which I don't know why it's conviently there in the first place) press a button he hangs on, now you have multiple options but all of them you practically press a button with some sort of target locking system. I think the one where you drop down you have to press another button I liked that bit though.

Also the fighting is like Watchmen: The End Is Nigh is pretty easy really but I gotta say it's displayed brilliantly (as the whole game is).

Unless the game is unlike the demo gameplay wise I didn't like this game you have the game doing most of things for you while you press a few buttons and I do sense some repetitivity involved in the full game.

[COLOR="Red"]THIS IS JUST MY OPINION ON THE DEMO [/COLOR]

Very good price for this game especially if you got it early :P

robtallica;6169218

Talking of bitter. I got a bit too indulgent and completed Arkham Asylum … Talking of bitter. I got a bit too indulgent and completed Arkham Asylum last night, only started it on Friday night. Story mode was complete for me at 75% completion. Wish I'd taken it a little slower now. GREAT game, but too short a story mode.

Try to get all the riddles, it's a lot of fun if you have the secret maps.

Met-Cast;6169310

From what i've played on the demo, and as I believe the part your talking … From what i've played on the demo, and as I believe the part your talking about is in the demo (unless there are more parts exactly like that which makes it repetitive great) That is not stealth that's aim at a gargoyle (which I don't know why it's conviently there in the first place) press a button he hangs on, now you have multiple options but all of them you practically press a button with some sort of target locking system. I think the one where you drop down you have to press another button I liked that bit though.Also the fighting is like Watchmen: The End Is Nigh is pretty easy really but I gotta say it's displayed brilliantly (as the whole game is).Unless the game is unlike the demo gameplay wise I didn't like this game you have the game doing most of things for you while you press a few buttons and I do sense some repetitivity involved in the full game.[COLOR="Red"]THIS IS JUST MY OPINION ON THE DEMO [/COLOR]Very good price for this game especially if you got it early :P

The game is nothing like the demo, it's a lot more varied then that.

Abvance;6169332

The game is nothing like the demo, it's a lot more varied then that.

Finally someone tells me lool, I'll go try the full game soon.

Abvance;6169322

Try to get all the riddles, it's a lot of fun if you have the secret maps.

I'm in the course of doing that Abvance. I'm not a huge Batman fan knowledge-wise so all the extra character bios are great fun too.

Quite enjoyable searching for the riddles and riddlers thingies(like GTA's hidden packages), so I'm gonna try and 100% the game. Got given a new armoured bat suit as a bonus for completing the game - not sure how I can select it yet(maybe to do with only having 19/20 upgrades for the original bat suit?

I got the challenges and downloadable challenges to do yet, and then there's hard mode. Sorry if I'm a bit previous, but I'm really hoping they add on some story packs or something to this game somewhere down the line.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2493
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424514493
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1624
      4. Asda having major issues with deliveries today33

See more discussions