Battery drain on iOS 11

Found 24th Sep 2017
My battery on my iPhone SE is draining very quickly.Is this happening to anyone else and is there a fix (other than not getting into a silly discussion about why you love/hate android and love/hate iOS).
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
36 Comments
This usually happens, just need to wait a couple of updates for them to sort it out. My 6 is suffering the same thing.
Have you checked if a certain app is using too much battery?
Have you checked background app refresh? That always defaults to on with an iOS update and can be responsible.
Wait for update, if update doesn't fix it then your battery is kaput.
It's a good thing I've not updated as yet. Waiting for Apple to iron out these errors.
Happening to my iPhone 6 too. Always happens on every big update. That’s why phones end up running ”too slow” and have to be upgraded.

My son’s iPad 2 is still on iOS 6. Runs perfectly fast even when compared to newer models. The only down side is that most new games are not compatible. So it’s a trade-off. Keep old hardware and not being allowed to use new software. Or buy new hardware!
Cakeboy7946 m ago

Have you checked background app refresh? That always defaults to on with …Have you checked background app refresh? That always defaults to on with an iOS update and can be responsible.

Doesn't make a difference to battery life
Had same issue after IOS10. Phone got very hot and only lasted a few hours when playing music. Tried a wipe and restore but did not help.

The cure was to wipe the phone and rebuild all my settings/app without a restore. Not ideal but worked fine after that.
Just checked my battery usage settings and it’s Facebook of all the apps which is using the most however “background app refresh” is not enabled
Still on 10 I'm clever
I’m having issues with CarPlay after the update
Apple have a bit of a reputation for iOS updates slowing or causing issues with older generation devices.
Makes sense as it "encourages" people to upgrade to the latest phone.
joedastudd14 m ago

Apple have a bit of a reputation for iOS updates slowing or causing issues …Apple have a bit of a reputation for iOS updates slowing or causing issues with older generation devices.Makes sense as it "encourages" people to upgrade to the latest phone.

100% deliberate act by Apple.

They claim the latest processors are "10x faster than previous generations" Yes sure but only because they've slowed the previous generations down etc..
Surely if the battery drain is excessive and you’ve still got warranty or AppleCare they’ve got to do something
Gone down 40% in a morning. General use.
scorpio.iscariot2 h, 26 m ago

Surely if the battery drain is excessive and you’ve still got warranty or A …Surely if the battery drain is excessive and you’ve still got warranty or AppleCare they’ve got to do something

Batteries aren't covered, They'll sell you a nice refurb though or push the next model etc..

It's a shame that you can't buy genuine iphone batteries from elsewhere, Sadly most replacement batteries are crap.
.MUFC.12 h, 38 m ago

100% deliberate act by Apple.They claim the latest processors are "10x …100% deliberate act by Apple.They claim the latest processors are "10x faster than previous generations" Yes sure but only because they've slowed the previous generations down etc..

Complete and utter tosh. My iPhone 6 is running faster on iOS 11 and my iPhone 4 ran faster on iOS 6. Your conspiracy level BS is just that.
.MUFC.1 h, 53 m ago

Batteries aren't covered, They'll sell you a nice refurb though or push …Batteries aren't covered, They'll sell you a nice refurb though or push the next model etc.. It's a shame that you can't buy genuine iphone batteries from elsewhere, Sadly most replacement batteries are crap.

Batteries are covered
cossy31 h, 8 m ago

Complete and utter tosh. My iPhone 6 is running faster on iOS 11 and my …Complete and utter tosh. My iPhone 6 is running faster on iOS 11 and my iPhone 4 ran faster on iOS 6. Your conspiracy level BS is just that.

Lol, Sure it is. Have you got your wool coat on?.

Batteries are covered if they're deemed faulty, However most will be out of warranty now anyway. Funny how most batteries are fine until they update, So a software update causes an hardware fault does it?.

No conspiracy, They do it deliberately, They shaft there own consumers.
.MUFC.43 m ago

Lol, Sure it is. Have you got your wool coat on?.Batteries are covered if …Lol, Sure it is. Have you got your wool coat on?.Batteries are covered if they're deemed faulty, However most will be out of warranty now anyway. Funny how most batteries are fine until they update, So a software update causes an hardware fault does it?. No conspiracy, They do it deliberately, They shaft there own consumers.

What are you even talking about? Are you trying to claim a software update somehow breaks the battery?

They do what deliberately? Slow the phone down? I've already disproved that BS you're spouting.

I love the way you make claims (like all conspiracy theorists) without providing any proof whatsoever.
Edited by: "cossy3" 25th Sep 2017
cossy355 m ago

What are you even talking about? Are you trying to claim a software update …What are you even talking about? Are you trying to claim a software update somehow breaks the battery?They do what deliberately? Slow the phone down? I've already disproved that BS you're spouting.I love the way you make claims (like all conspiracy theorists) without providing any proof whatsoever.

Proof is from previous experience and the experience of others.

Just one article on battery decay since upgrading to iOs 11

iOs 10 kills batteries

iOs 9 battery problems

etc.. etc..

Very common theme, New iOs comes out, Previous devices suffer horrendous battery problems.

As a previous iphone user, I have suffered with battery issues, My daughters ipad and iphone 6 have suffered battery problems since updating.

Her iphone 6 has severely degraded since upgrading and pestering me for a new phone because hers is now crap so thanks Apple.

It's not just me either, It's friends too.

It's 100% not just a coincidence.

And I've disproved your BS fanboism.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 25th Sep 2017
.MUFC.1 h, 51 m ago

Proof is from previous experience and the experience of others.Just one …Proof is from previous experience and the experience of others.Just one article on battery decay since upgrading to iOs 11iOs 10 kills batteriesiOs 9 battery problemsetc.. etc..Very common theme, New iOs comes out, Previous devices suffer horrendous battery problems.As a previous iphone user, I have suffered with battery issues, My daughters ipad and iphone 6 have suffered battery problems since updating. Her iphone 6 has severely degraded since upgrading and pestering me for a new phone because hers is now crap so thanks Apple.It's not just me either, It's friends too.It's 100% not just a coincidence.And I've disproved your BS fanboism.

You're an 1diot. Software has no bearing on battery longevity. The poor battery life is a common problem on each iOS that comes out and is resolved within a few updates. I've been with iOS for 9 years, it happens almost every year and is sorted within a few weeks. You're a drama queen.
cossy31 h, 12 m ago

You're an 1diot. Software has no bearing on battery longevity. The poor …You're an 1diot. Software has no bearing on battery longevity. The poor battery life is a common problem on each iOS that comes out and is resolved within a few updates. I've been with iOS for 9 years, it happens almost every year and is sorted within a few weeks. You're a drama queen.

So you're a beta tester?. Get real, Don't call me an idiot either. It's clear you cannot see the wool from the sheep clothing. Ba Ba Baaaaaaah
.MUFC.3 m ago

So you're a beta tester?. Get real, Don't call me an idiot either. It's …So you're a beta tester?. Get real, Don't call me an idiot either. It's clear you cannot see the wool from the sheep clothing. Ba Ba Baaaaaaah

There we go. Obvious you haven't a clue what you're talking about and are just repeating what your mate Dave says down the pub. You're an android person that likes to throw out blatant lies because you've got the mental age of a 10 year old. Get over it.
cossy321 m ago

There we go. Obvious you haven't a clue what you're talking about and are …There we go. Obvious you haven't a clue what you're talking about and are just repeating what your mate Dave says down the pub. You're an android person that likes to throw out blatant lies because you've got the mental age of a 10 year old. Get over it.

Like I say, it's experience. I'm not an Android person, I prefer Windows Phone however with the lack of development I've switched to Android.

Clearly we're not going to agree ;).
why update in beginning? not broke? dont fix it im running my se on firmware it came with outta the box. 9.3.3 i believe and never had issue
machomansavage12 h, 49 m ago

why update in beginning? not broke? dont fix it im running my se on …why update in beginning? not broke? dont fix it im running my se on firmware it came with outta the box. 9.3.3 i believe and never had issue

Because certain apps require you to update to latest, i,e banking apps etc.. etc..
.MUFC.1 h, 8 m ago

Because certain apps require you to update to latest, i,e banking apps …Because certain apps require you to update to latest, i,e banking apps etc.. etc..

I haven't ever had that problem go into setting and apps and turn off auto update. Havent updated my se once and everything works
machomansavage54 m ago

I haven't ever had that problem go into setting and apps and turn off auto …I haven't ever had that problem go into setting and apps and turn off auto update. Havent updated my se once and everything works

Try some banking apps.
.MUFC.24 m ago

Try some banking apps.

Have done. dont update is its asks u too. If they're working for making payments and sending money why even update? Pointless housing for sake of it. Anyway hows battery performance now?
machomansavage54 m ago

Have done. dont update is its asks u too. If they're working for making …Have done. dont update is its asks u too. If they're working for making payments and sending money why even update? Pointless housing for sake of it. Anyway hows battery performance now?

Tbf since the latest update she hasn't complained much about it, It seems to last a little longer but nowhere near as long as it did. Obviously battery life does decrease over time. If sticking on an older version really prolongs the life and usability then next time that's probably what I'll advise, At least until the bugs have been sorted out.
iOS 11.2 here and my battery is the same as before on my 6s, it did have a wobble on plain 11.0 though. Phone is much quicker too!
Dannyrobbo1 h, 50 m ago

iOS 11.2 here and my battery is the same as before on my 6s, it did have a …iOS 11.2 here and my battery is the same as before on my 6s, it did have a wobble on plain 11.0 though. Phone is much quicker too!

Not compared to iOS 9 it wouldn't be hehe
.MUFC.2 h, 15 m ago

Tbf since the latest update she hasn't complained much about it, It seems …Tbf since the latest update she hasn't complained much about it, It seems to last a little longer but nowhere near as long as it did. Obviously battery life does decrease over time. If sticking on an older version really prolongs the life and usability then next time that's probably what I'll advise, At least until the bugs have been sorted out.

Yeah it does. Before this I had a iPhone 4s still rocking iOS 6 used it for years, then last New Year's Eve what's released an announcement saying as of 31st December 2016 they were going to support iOS 6 anymore however still had four years out of it have u switched app updates off now buddy?
machomansavage1 h, 54 m ago

Yeah it does. Before this I had a iPhone 4s still rocking iOS 6 used it …Yeah it does. Before this I had a iPhone 4s still rocking iOS 6 used it for years, then last New Year's Eve what's released an announcement saying as of 31st December 2016 they were going to support iOS 6 anymore however still had four years out of it have u switched app updates off now buddy?

I will suggest it to my daughter.
go to ap store and search for that banking app u speak of and have a look what ios it requires should say ios* or later'' let me know?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions