Groups

battery drills / multi kits for sale.

Hello to the masses,
    I'm after purchasing a new battery drill/battery tool kit for work ( electrician) and I'm wondering if anyone can help with deals,discounts or retailers doing the rounds at the minute. Mid to high range such s makita, dewalt or the like.
    many thanks....

15 Comments

Maybe worth a look next week during black friday week.
    Popular kits at the moment are the combi drill and impact driver kits ranging from 125 to 160 for dewalt n makita.

I bought a Black and Decker cordless for dirt cheap last black friday, think I ended up paying about £20 after discount codes. It gets the job done just as good as my brother's Makita when we're at work lol.

Might be worth bookmarking the usual DIY stores websites for black friday - homebase, wickes, b&q etc.
    Edited by: "PenguinsForAll" 16th Nov 2016

Check out Screwfix. They have this which has great reviews , plus 2 quick charge batteries. screwfix.com/p/t…08p . I'm getting one for the weekend. I've always found their aftersales service to be great.

They have another a few quid cheaper but the chuck is smaller. But for the few extra pounds I'm opting for the bigger chuck. screwfix.com/p/t…82p

mrty

Check out Screwfix. They have this which has great reviews , plus 2 quick … Check out Screwfix. They have this which has great reviews , plus 2 quick charge batteries. http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-tti699com-18v-1-5ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill/4908p . I'm getting one for the weekend. I've always found their aftersales service to be great.They have another a few quid cheaper but the chuck is smaller. But for the few extra pounds I'm opting for the bigger chuck. http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-tti700ddh-18v-1-5ah-li-ion-cordless-drill-driver/8282p

Can get that titan for £40 at B&Q using their clubcard voucher for 10 off 50. Theres a few posts with the codes in.

Original Poster

thanks for the response gents. battery wise I would be looking for 18v and 2.0Ah minimum.

If you're an electrician you want something decent...

Something like this is ideal Milwaukee M18ONEPP2A-502X

http://images.ffx.co.uk/tools/Milwaukee_4933451517.jpg
    Also don't make the mistake I did and buy Toolstation brushless Milwaukee kit for £260, it's only suitable for DIY.

Have a look in Homebase, they still have RTC 18V li-ion drills in my local ones for about £30 with two batteries.

Original Poster

themorgatron that's the sort of kit I'm thinking of.

Coming from an electrical background myself, I have used a variety of brands and have always been unlucky with Makita so tend to avoid them. I have a 18V Combi Hitachi that has lasted four years of heavy use and a Metabo 18V Impact and 10V Drill/Driver which I've been using for over a year.

I also picked up the Dewalt DCK206M2T set earlier this year for £270 which has lasted well on site. It is a 18v 2x4.0Ah Li-ion SDS-Plus and Combi Twin Kit which may suit your needs.

I am a big fan of Makita but my last drill broke its speeds selector after about 15 months of light use. I own a lot of there 18v range. Sds drill, impact driver, recip saw and torch. I a,happy with the rest of it. However if I was going to start again I would buy Milwaukee gear. Don't skimp on a drill as with a cheap one you will only end up buying another within a year. Prices have gone up a bit in past few months due to exchange rates.

Original Poster

once again cheers fellas!! ( I assume). I've been "in the game for 25 years" and used a lot of battery kit over the years, from my very 1st bosch professional 12volt twin set, dewalt ( never been a massive fan, it's rebadged black an decker but I know scores of bloke swear by dewalt). makita, always my personal favourite. some truly awful JCB stuff when times were hard and I've used a mates milwaukee kit and we very impressed....
    as the saying goes, decisions, decisions... but one of those decisions is where to buy from...
    discuss....
    and thank you...

Sparks here.. I use the dewalt gear.

But if you do go for that get the DCD995 XRP Combi. Great drill. Do not touch anything less heavy duty DeWalt wise.. They're Crap.

Original Poster

I've seen a few lads carrying erbauer kit lately with mixed reviews...I can't help but think these are at the budget end of the market along with ryobi and Stanley.

Original Poster

any retailers with can't miss offers or is black Friday likely to bear fruit?

Original Poster

any other thoughts anyone?
    I have looked at screw fix, its, machine mart etc... any other retailers worth a look?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. DVD storage33
      2. Iphone 7 - What Case?614
      3. Jury service1721
      4. Getting Student Beams account without being a student11

See more discussions