Expired

Battery Powered Alarm Clock

Found 2nd Jan
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has a bedside alarm clock that is only powered by batteries. Trying to do away with cables by the side of the bed. I’ve spent hours searching eBay etc for a digital clock that shows the time continually through the day, preferably with a mirrored finish or white casing. They all seem to come with a usb lead and the only way to see the time during the day is to activate the mode button manually when powered by batteries only which is not ideal.
Any suggestions welcome, willing to spend up to £20/25
thank you in advance

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments

Original Poster

That one might be a contender. Thanks for your suggestion

This one from argos looks decent

argos.co.uk/pro…553

i personally like the electric ones as they light up and gives me comfort in the dark

Original Poster

Something went wrong with your link there, I bought one today from Argos looks nice but has to be plugged in with usb for the time to be shown all the time. If you just use the batteries the mirror front is blank, to see see the time you have to manually push the top button, which isn’t ideal as it’s on hubby’s side of the bed and if you’re running late you can’t just look at it when you enter a room etc.

Toptrumpet6 m ago

Something went wrong with your link there, I bought one today from Argos …Something went wrong with your link there, I bought one today from Argos looks nice but has to be plugged in with usb for the time to be shown all the time. If you just use the batteries the mirror front is blank, to see see the time you have to manually push the top button, which isn’t ideal as it’s on hubby’s side of the bed and if you’re running late you can’t just look at it when you enter a room etc.

Sounds like the one i linked but link didnt work. I have bought several alarm clocks which are battery operated for my mum. I dont like them because they all have grey digits rather than illuminated digits.

if you want constant illuminated digits, it needs more power than batteries. If battery operated, i like the tradional hands on the clock.

nowadays i use my mobile phone as the alarm clock because i bring my mobile to bed, and use my electric clock for comfort
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions