EXPIRED

Battery Powered Car

Ive looked on ebay and some sites and i cant believe the prices!
Im looking for a formula 1 or RED racing car type thing for an additional xmas pressie for son.Hes into f1,ferraris,lamborghinis etc... ( doesnt have to be known make though plain RED would be fine)hes age 6....... I dont want to spend much as it will prob be broken my new yr! But ive bought him the red racing gear just looking for the motor for him to sit and ride...
Any vouchers, info, Sales,Deals etc would be appreciated..... Theres one on ebay but i wont ever buy anything over 30 quid on ebay! I dont mind loosing small change on there if its a con but not over hundred quid.Ive learnt my lesson some time ago...
Thanks In advance all

19 Comments

... rather than a battery one, why not try and find a pedal powered one, likely to be cheaper and he will be able to play with it for more than ten minutes before it needs charging up again. I've seen some friends who have a battery vehicle and it just seems a little tame going along at 2mph, I'm sure my kids would get bored before it broke! Also, as someone said on here last week, "you should build at least one go-kart with your son" (or something like that!)

Original Poster

Your prob right however i dont want to break a nail making a go kart:oops: suppose my other half could build it but then again....... hes more D I DONT!

Banned

Along the same lines, I bought this electric racing set for my 6 yr old for his birthday. Loves it, and it also comes with a fully functioning radio controlled car, separately boxed, so its 2 presents in one.

argos.co.uk/web…=16

Original Poster

my son loves those, he had a similar one last xmas and challenged everyone that came into the house!

I can see me taking a chance on ebay........ will post link
[url]www.ebay.co.uk[/url]
item number 230162838024

It looks nice but i question whether he would grow out of it too quick....

pcnutta

my son loves those, he had a similar one last xmas and challenged … my son loves those, he had a similar one last xmas and challenged everyone that came into the house!I can see me taking a chance on ebay........ will post link ]www.ebay.co.ukitem number 230162838024 It looks nice but i question whether he would grow out of it too quick....

It looks nice, but consider if you have somewhere suitable for him to drive it, i.e., a large flat garden, driveway, nearby park etc.

I'd go for something like this, depends what your budget is though:

http://www.pedal-my-car.co.uk/b%20images/BERG%20DAYTONA%20BF3%20BIG.jpg

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/…017

How about this one? Just under £30, goes at 20mph! I got another similar one recently that quoted 20mph and I'd say it was about that. Very fast for a battery car!

Benjimoron

]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270009722241&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017How about this one? Just under £30, goes at 20mph! I got another similar one recently that quoted 20mph and I'd say it was about that. Very fast for a battery car!

I thought she wanted one her son could sit in??!!

pcnutta

my son loves those, he had a similar one last xmas and challenged … my son loves those, he had a similar one last xmas and challenged everyone that came into the house!I can see me taking a chance on ebay........ will post link [url]www.ebay.co.uk[/url]item number 230162838024 It looks nice but i question whether he would grow out of it too quick....

Why'd mine get deleted and this one stays???

edit - lol, it's back!!!

erics

I thought she wanted one her son could sit in??!!

Think you're right! Sorry!

I'd suggest a pedal go kart, I had one when I was 5, Just brilliant because I was actually powering it, Bit of exercise too.

The battery powered ones always seem to have plastic tires, So if its on grass it never actually goes anywhere!

The battery ones also last 5 minutes, Everything is plastic and its not long before something breaks!

Someone recently bought my nephew a battery powered sit in Batman car, Cost £100 and lasted all of 5 mins before he crashed it and a wheel fell off...

Has he got a bicycle?

My little lad has a huge battery powered 4x4. Remember to factor in compensation costs to the neighbours for damaged fences etc. :giggle:

Original Poster

I think your all right,Why spend money like that one something he WILL break or knock someone down!:whistling: and plus i dont have anywhere adequate to store it, being battery it would need to be kept dry?
So i guess a pedal go kart or something? Must be RED though as ive bought F1 racing boiler suit & hat for him! LOL I could get red ferrari stickers to put on the go kart thing? OK so I need a go kart things and CHEAP!! Tesco direct got one cheap but its WWE :-( Dnt wanna spend too much cheap as chips i need!
Thanks all for your input..........ERICS........ how much is that one you posted? Or do i need to sit down first! LOL:giggle:

Original Poster

Iom-RF

The battery ones also last 5 minutes, Everything is plastic and its not … The battery ones also last 5 minutes, Everything is plastic and its not long before something breaks!Someone recently bought my nephew a battery powered sit in Batman car, Cost £100 and lasted all of 5 mins before he crashed it and a wheel fell off...Has he got a bicycle?

Yeah hes got a starwars bike...

Played with it all of TWICE since last xmas! LOL
Which is why i dont wanna spend much.. he prefers gaming, xbox, playstation etc, which is what ive bought him for xmas as well..

pcnutta

IThanks all for your input..........ERICS........ how much is that one … IThanks all for your input..........ERICS........ how much is that one you posted? Or do i need to sit down first! LOL:giggle:

You need to sit down first I think:

]http//ww…htm

£760 including VAT and delivery, gulp!

I'm sure you'd find cheaper than those on that site though.

Original Poster

OMGGGGGGGGGG excuse me while i pass out! OMG:giggle:

Hmmm, Pedal Karts were more than I first thought!, Can't see a decent one under £100!

I've just asked my mum and she did buy it second hand for £35 although this was 12+ years ago!

both my sons had battery powered cars and they lasted them years but they got them when they were 2 if hes already 6 them hes probableys getting too big, I know my 5 year old son would be too big for one he might get a few months with one but not much more.

Original Poster

ive put in an offer on the f1 racing car fingers crossed they accept!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How much would you pay for this chair?1719
    2. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)710
    3. Remortgaging to pay off debt67
    4. Iptv811

See more discussions