Groups
    EXPIRED

Battery replacement for Tag Heuer

Anyone know of a cheap but reputable jeweler/dealer in central London to do a battery replacement for my gents Tag Heuer watch?

10 Comments

there is proberly one down your main high st.

Original Poster

Sure, but they usually charge £45 which is pretty outrageous - which is why I was looking for a better deal...

That's a total rip off wolfie..I always change the battery myself for less than a pound..but then I have a cheapo watch.

I suppose the Tag Heuer requires a special tool to get the back off...some market traders may be able to assist...although for a watch that expensive you may wish to apply caution.

You can get a battery from the high street but, when you send it off to tag they replace the battery and reseal it so that the watch is once again waterproof. The highstreet seller cant do this. I know this because my farther has done this. It costs about £40-£50

Yeah, once ANY waterproof watch is opened it is no longer waterproof hence the large cost if its sent away, but I'd rather pay that and get it waterproofed than loose my watch when washing up!

Thankfully though I used what little common sense I have and got a Kinetic watch, so no battery! And it will carry on ticking for 6 months after I die or get my arm chopped off! lol

Where I live in Southport. On Eastbank St, there is a jeweller/watchmaker who does all the good makes. Replaces seals as well. Think the most he charges is approx £25 and all work is guarenteed for 12 months.

If youv paid alot of money for your tag watch as i did then spending a few quid for tag to replace it is the best way. (btw had to have mine serviced at the same time nearly £100 for service and battery)

chuf

If youv paid alot of money for your tag watch as i did then spending a … If youv paid alot of money for your tag watch as i did then spending a few quid for tag to replace it is the best way. (btw had to have mine serviced at the same time nearly £100 for service and battery)

Try owning an Omega! My last "service" cost me over £300!

I agree with the previous posts. Get a good watch done by a reputable jeweller.

:pirate: CJ :pirate:

cutthroat_jake

Try owning an Omega! My last "service" cost me over £300!I agree with the … Try owning an Omega! My last "service" cost me over £300!I agree with the previous posts. Get a good watch done by a reputable jeweller.:pirate: CJ :pirate:

This is why i suggested to go down the High Street,

and i got a Negative Rep for it :-(

This is making me want a Seiko Kinetic for Xmas, now i know what hints to drop
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions