Battery replacement or new phone

Posted 13th Nov
Just wanted to know what do people do once battery needs replacing in their smartphones. Do people replace the battery and if they do how do they find a reliable mobile phone repairer or do they take easy option and buy a new phone?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
What phone is it? Are you happy with it? Is it worth spending x amount to have the battery replaced or would the battery cost more than the phones worth?
How old is the phone, do you like using a smartphone or is it just to make calls and send messages?
I think battery replacement would be cheaper but hear about dodgy repair shops who can ruin the phone so was asking the? What do people out there do as this must be a common dilemma for people.
It's an honor 9. Unfortunately need a smartphone for work purposes
It is not your property?
Ask your company to sort it out.
Or get s powerbank
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 13th Nov
It's my phone and not a work phone I just use it for work as well as socially.
Shahid197313/11/2019 07:38

It's an honor 9. Unfortunately need a smartphone for work purposes

I have the honor 10 lite... Cheap either new at £150 or get a cheaper refurb with a 12 month warranty...

This was just posted at £180

hotukdeals.com/dea…198
Edited by: "davewave" 13th Nov
Shahid197313/11/2019 08:00

It's my phone and not a work phone I just use it for work as well as …It's my phone and not a work phone I just use it for work as well as socially.

If you need a phone for your job, the company have to provided or reimburse you... anything what is deemed for your job eg. Uniform, travel while at work, phone is all provided or claim able...
Bargainhead13/11/2019 09:35

If you need a phone for your job, the company have to provided or …If you need a phone for your job, the company have to provided or reimburse you... anything what is deemed for your job eg. Uniform, travel while at work, phone is all provided or claim able...

Ever thought they may be self employed?
I am employed but I still use it for work purposes
My question was about finding out what people do when their phone battery deteriorates after a couple of years. Do people throw away their phones and just buy another newer model for the next few years. It appears to me that this must be an issue for alot of people. Problem is if you want a new battery replacement who can you go to and have full confidence that your phone will be fine. Apple owners can simply use Apple genius to replace the battery what about owners of Android phones where can they go apart from taking a stab in the dark with local repair shops.
The Honor 9's less than 2 years old, if it needs a new battery that soon it suggests hardware or software problems causing premature battery wear, in which case I wouldn't bother replacing the battery, I'd just get another phone.
Shahid197313/11/2019 10:45

My question was about finding out what people do when their phone battery …My question was about finding out what people do when their phone battery deteriorates after a couple of years. Do people throw away their phones and just buy another newer model for the next few years. It appears to me that this must be an issue for alot of people. Problem is if you want a new battery replacement who can you go to and have full confidence that your phone will be fine. Apple owners can simply use Apple genius to replace the battery what about owners of Android phones where can they go apart from taking a stab in the dark with local repair shops.

I tends to buy £200 range phone and use it 2 - 3 years, then sell it to CEX
Dyslexic_Dog13/11/2019 10:10

Ever thought they may be self employed?

If your self employed you get tax relief on items for work..
I've usually bought batteries and replaced them myself, most phones are not that hard to do if you're careful and have any dexterity...
Some of the batteries even come with tools to help.
But then I'm a tight****...
I Buy A £150 Phone max, keep It Until It Annoys Me Then Get Another.

That Might Be Sooner That Later As something Is Capitalising All My First Letters.

I'm using an honor 9, I give it a hammering every day. My battery is fine (had it since Jan 18). Seems odd that yours is dying? Phone is definitely OK software and hardware eure for another year or two, so if you aren't a phone snob it's definitely worth doing.
If I was you, I’d be thinking about the cost of a battery v the cost of a new phone.
If the battery is £20 and a phone is £180, I’d take a punt and get the battery changed, if it knackers the phone, it’s only £20. On the other hand, if the battery is £120 and the phone is £140, I’d just get a new phone.
Good points thanks everyone for taking the time to respond, much appreciated.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants