Groups

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PS3) - Beta key registration open @ EA now..........

EA site has opened up registration for the Bad Company 2 beta

Just go here...........

badcompany2.ea.com/

..............and put in your email address to register your interest in getting a beta key - I think they are going to be given out randomly (not necessarily first come first served), so worth a shot...........

Beta Keys are also now being given away from GAME when you pre-order the game from them................if you already had a pre-order in it should have been automatically upgraded to the special edition - which will provide a beta key ................... nice.................

40 Comments

Original Poster

Direct Link.................

]http//ba…om/

Thanks, just signed up! rep added!

Original Poster

Cheers - see you on the battlefield :thumbsup:

Banned

thanks!

looks like its gonna be as much fun as bc1

badcompany2.ea.com/

Original Poster

It is looking great - they have also balanced up the classes a lot too, and put in better ground to air weapons, to help take out those freakin' helicopters................can't wait for the beta, and the retail release.

In my opinion BC1 multiplayer was head and shoulders above COD4 mp..........vehicles, destructive environment and the sheer size of the maps........ hopefully the same will still apply..............

Banned

dancrawley;6865301

It is looking great - they have also balanced up the classes a lot too, … It is looking great - they have also balanced up the classes a lot too, and put in better ground to air weapons, to help take out those freakin' helicopters................can't wait for the beta, and the retail release.In my opinion BC1 multiplayer was head and shoulders above COD4 mp..........vehicles, destructive environment and the sheer size of the maps........ hopefully the same will still apply..............

totally agree. great fun.

csiman;6865492

totally agree. great fun.

agree also however the lag was shockingly bad during peak times

Original Poster

king261;6865608

agree also however the lag was shockingly bad during peak times

That is true - hopefully they will have more servers active this time around - it seems to be a much higher priority release for EA now. I also hope they have sorted out the dodgy voice chat. Should get a better idea when the beta starts next week :thumbsup:

Banned

Thanks rep added when I get on a laptop iPhone won't let me leave rep

this game is going to kill MW2.

Original Poster

Hey - don't forget to add your psn id to the list here.................

]http//ww…ds-

done it, prob sell it on ebay if I get one.

wow a multiplat beta exlusive to the ps3 for a change

Banned

We have recieved your interest in the PlayStation® 3 Battlefield Bad Company™ 2 Beta.

This does not guarantee you beta access. If you are selected for the beta you will recieve an email with your beta key.

To guarantee access to the beta you need to reserve your copy of Battlefield Bad Company™ 2 with participating retailers.

cheers, worth a shot for nowt although could be worth the old preorder and cancel if any retailers are offering beta access

Original Poster

casparwhite;6868671

We have recieved your interest in the PlayStation® 3 Battlefield Bad … We have recieved your interest in the PlayStation® 3 Battlefield Bad Company™ 2 Beta.This does not guarantee you beta access. If you are selected for the beta you will recieve an email with your beta key.To guarantee access to the beta you need to reserve your copy of Battlefield Bad Company™ 2 with participating retailers.cheers, worth a shot for nowt although could be worth the old preorder and cancel if any retailers are offering beta access

GAME are giving beta access with pre-orders as of this morning - best get in quick as the codes are limited. Luckily I had a pre-order in already, which has now been automatically upgraded to the limited edition - managed to get it for £24.99 too, using a voucher code a few months back :thumbsup::

]http//ww…29/

Playing BC1 last night just after playing MW2 and it is fun whereas MW1/2 is just intense (v good but intense)...for me anyway.
    Can't believe the first version got so cheap so quickly and IMO it is criminally overlooked.
    I haven't played much online but I'm under the impression, rightly or wrongly, that it needs some more play modes.

Original Poster

You are right about play modes - they are limited to Gold Rush and Conquest (capture the flag) on BC1 - in fact, at launch there was only Gold Rush, Conquest was added as an update. The size of the maps though are fantastic, and there is huge scope for tackling the game in different ways.

With BC2 there are going to be more MP modes to choose from - four in total. No details on the new ones yet though.....

I hear they are also rejigging the classes a lot, to balance them out - and that the squad system will be better (ie less random).

With regards lag, I found more lag and unplayable/crashed games on COD4 multiplayer than I have on BC1. So many times on COD4 the game started, then ended straight away, and that flippin' little hill map with the storage containers and concrete tubes was just crazy for lag.

Anyways, really looking forward to this beta - I am expecting great things from DICE :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Anyone heard back from this yet?

I'm hoping the beta keys are going to be dropping into mailboxes tomorrow morning..............

Banned

they been giving the keys out on twitter today and tomorrow 2 an hour......gotta be quick tho

hoping mine will turn up from game

Original Poster

casparwhite;6928851

they been giving the keys out on twitter today and tomorrow 2 an … they been giving the keys out on twitter today and tomorrow 2 an hour......gotta be quick thohoping mine will turn up from game

Same here - the GAME website says something like "the keys will be given out on release day" - which I am hoping is tomorrow (and not March!!)

Regarding Twitter - seems a bit of a nonsense really - they have given out, what, like 24 codes, in a free for all......with how many people wanting to play...? :roll:

Thanks ive signed up, ill give the beta a go, I quite enjoyed the first one,would havebeen better with a group of mates but my friends all play on the 360 and i got BC1 with my ps3 !

Banned

just got my code in my email a second ago.......heads up:)

Dear Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering Battlefield on PS3 from GAME.

Your BETA Access Code: SUA7-CKBF-ERN1

To access the BETA please follow these instructions:

Create a PlayStation® Network account by selecting 'PlayStation® Network' on
    your PLAYSTATION®3 system's Home Menu or by visiting eu.playstation.com/reg…ion on a PC.

* Sign in to your PlayStation® Network account.

* Visit PlayStation® Store via your PLAYSTATION®3 system.

* Select the Redeem Codes icon, found in the top right hand corner of the Store Top.

* Enter the 12 character promotion code shown above and select Continue.

* Follow the on-screen instructions to redeem the promotion code.

Thanks again for pre-ordering from GAME

The GAME Customer Services Team

Please Note: The code is case sensitive and must be entered
    exactly as displayed. The above code is required to access your pre-order
    bonus. Keep it safe and don't share it with anyone. It cannot be replaced if lost.
    Codes are limited to 1 code per PlayStation 3 console.
    You will need access to PlayStation Network in order to access the items.

Original Poster

casparwhite;6929751

just got my code in my email a second ago.......heads up:)

Woohoo! Mine has just arrived from GAME as well - nice one. Can download now I think, with the servers going live tomorrow. Nice...............:-D

Registered...Thanks for notifying.

Original Poster

I hope you redeemed your code before posting it on here casparwhite!

Original Poster

G4 are running a sweepstake for beta keys here: ]http//g4…kes

..........you will need to put in details of your US address *cough* and presumably redeem the code through your US PSN account - but this is probably do-able..........

Banned

dancrawley;6931017

I hope you redeemed your code before posting it on here casparwhite!

lol check the first 2 letters of each code.....makes a word;-)

casparwhite;6936410

lol nice, i wonder how many lurkers tried typing that in lol.

Original Poster

casparwhite;6936410

Nice one! :-D

Banned

gd_miester;6936474

lol nice, i wonder how many lurkers tried typing that in lol.

i wonder if you were 1 of them;-)

I got a code but it doesn't work :\

And, apparently... Game will only send beta keys every monday. ODD.

Original Poster

mus_ne;6939727

I got a code but it doesn't work :\

Where did you get the code from? It might need to be activated on a US account?

I saw that GAME are now sending out beta keys on Mondays only from now on. If you have previously pre-ordered and not received one though, it is worth sending them a grumpy email/message chasing it up. They changed the T&C of the keys giveaway last night at some point, and if you pre-ordered before that, they should cough one up.

casparwhite - what is your psn id? Add me to your list if you want to squad up - flamingcarrot

Anyone else want to post their psn id? I have a list going here:

]http//ww…841

Loving the beta anyway - managed to finish top in my first game too :-D

Original Poster

Heads up, heads up.............

Beta keys available at Gamespot - ]http//uk…ta/

They are US beta keys, so you will need a US PSN account in order to activate/download the beta

Best be quick folks :thumbsup:

trouble is your be playing with pings from 100+ to 300+ in usa.

Original Poster

Daytrader;6947283

trouble is your be playing with pings from 100+ to 300+ in usa.

Oh, well - the keys are there if anyone wants them. Beggars can't be choosers?!

EDIT: Qentox reports that the Gamespot codes might not work, even on a US PSN account..........worth trying though. I definately know that one person has got it to work (could just be the servers were down earlier) :thumbsup:

casparwhite;6936851

i wonder if you were 1 of them;-)

No, got a key from a clan mate. Have not downloaded it yet.

But too busy with MW2 anyway.

Original Poster

The US keys are working OK, as long as you donwload through the US PSN store

I have couple of spare - pm me if you need one :thumbsup:

dancrawley;6955942

The US keys are working OK, as long as you donwload through the US PSN … The US keys are working OK, as long as you donwload through the US PSN storeI have couple of spare - pm me if you need one :thumbsup:

Thanks again for supplying me with the Beta Code(s), dan.

Out of interest, I logged into my US PlayStation Network account to download the Private (Closed) Beta version, and after installing I found that it runs fine from a European (UK) account.

At the bottom of the loading/menu screen there is presently a message welcoming both the US & the European players to the Demo, so we may well all be using the same server now.

Hope to find you online soon.

One of my kids is already a rank 12... I've got some catching up to do!

BFN,

fp.

PS. I found it much better than my early experience with "MAG". Have you tried that for a comparison?

Original Poster

Hey fanpages, glad you got the beta to download and play OK :thumbsup:

I have also been playing the MAG beta, and feel much more positive about BC2 than I do about MAG (partly because I can actually work out what is going on, and what I am supposed to be doing, with BC2!)

See on the Battlefield ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions