Battlegrounds - Can I Run It?

Found 17th Apr
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
No
Unless you can get onto nvidia GeForce now
Why won't it though? The processor is fast enough and it's a SSD.
It can run pubg mobile on low settings
Battlegrounds for PC is very poorly optimised so you wouldnt get a great experience on a device without a dedicated graphics card.
superfreddy11 h, 24 m ago

Why won't it though? The processor is fast enough and it's a SSD.

Games don't rely on the CPU alone. The most important component for gaming is the GPU or 'graphics card'
This laptop doesn't have a dedicated one. You need a 1050 minimum really (or 970m last gen). Ideally 1060 or a 980m. That will add a good £300 minumum to your price though.
Notebookcheck has benchmarks of PUBG:
notebookcheck.net/Pla…tml

It looks like the minimum to run the game at all (green, or orange at a pinch) would be an 930M, MX150, Radeon 450/550 or Vega 8.

The HD 530 graphics in the linked laptop is too slow to run the game at all.

Intel CPUs generally all use the same graphics. In many games a i5-7200U alone is not noticeably better than a i3-7100U or noticeably worse than an i7-7500U, the graphics being the limiting factor and not the CPU power.

Depending on pricing it may be worth stepping up to a 460/560 or 1050 as they'll be smoother and more likely to handle other games in future.

You really don't need to go up to the 1060/980M level unless you're chasing the best possible graphics.
You would also need at least 8gb of ram.
I play GTA5 decently on a Macbook Pro with just the Iris chip so you don't necessarily need a graphic card to run not too recent games...

You do need one if you want a good experience and not just make do with the lowest settings.
richje10052 m ago

Use this https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Yeah but that's said games won't work before but they do
Cakeboy7938 m ago

Ahem.

Need some tixylix for that
superfreddy18th Apr

Yeah but that's said games won't work before but they do

It will probably run. You might have to make do with low settings to run it decently though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants