Found 18th May 2009
Hi there,
My gf and I are both addicted to Battlestar Galactica now after watching the 1st miniseries and the first few episodes of season 1 but we are confused about which dvd's/boxset to buy.

If I buy hmv.com/hmv…552 (Battlestar Galactica (2003): Complete Season 1/2/3/4: 20dvd: Box Set ) do I also need to buy hmv.com/hmv…660 (Battlestar Galactica: Final Season: 4dvd)?

It's gonna be expensive xD I know play.com is cheaper but I can get quidco + HMV student discount.

14 Comments

Yes you will need both, as season four was split in two, and that first box set was released before the final season was over.

Also I am not sure if this will include the mini series. Which it was before season 1. You might want to check that.

hmv.com/hmv…464

Also you have Razor which it was a separate movie for the Battlestar Pegasus. (not sure if that is included either)

hmv.com/hmv…092

Original Poster

Do you think it's worth waiting to see if a boxset with everything included will be released or is this the only option?

rwm24;5247540

Do you think it's worth waiting to see if a boxset with everything … Do you think it's worth waiting to see if a boxset with everything included will be released or is this the only option?

There will definitely be an all-in-one boxset... but as for when it will be released no one knows.

By the way, you can get Season 4 for £18.99 ]HERE if you decide you can't wait for the all-in-one box set.

rwm24;5247540

Do you think it's worth waiting to see if a boxset with everything … Do you think it's worth waiting to see if a boxset with everything included will be released or is this the only option?

A complete boxset will be some-time coming (presumably you'd want to wait till after the new film also) and will certainly be more expensive than buying the 1-4 set (this does include Razor and mini-series) and pre-ordering the end of season 4.

If you really want a 'complete' set you'd probably be able to save a few quid if you're prepared to wait a while.

i would use the love fil 90 day free trial to rent the dvds then buy when they have the complete boxset

dmissy13;5247744

i would use the love fil 90 day free trial to rent the dvds then buy when … i would use the love fil 90 day free trial to rent the dvds then buy when they have the complete boxset

lol - Have you ever tried to watch a series using Love Film :-D

Original Poster

I have a feeling when the "complete" box set is released it'll be around £80 or something stupid but if I ordered these 2 now it comes to about £50.

Babbabooey;5247555

There will definitely be an all-in-one boxset... but as for when it will … There will definitely be an all-in-one boxset... but as for when it will be released no one knows.

rwm24;5247881

I have a feeling when the "complete" box set is released it'll be around … I have a feeling when the "complete" box set is released it'll be around £80 or something stupid but if I ordered these 2 now it comes to about £50.

If I am not mistaken I believe that boxset series is £40 or £30 instore, you might want to have a look. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

The 1-4 box-set is about £32 but the end of sesaon 4 dvd is another £18.99 on top of that

asandino;5247942

If I am not mistaken I believe that boxset series is £40 or £30 instore, y … If I am not mistaken I believe that boxset series is £40 or £30 instore, you might want to have a look. :thumbsup:

You are mistaken. See my 1st post.

wombat6025;5247755

lol - Have you ever tried to watch a series using Love Film :-D

yep all the time

dmissy13;5248066

yep all the time

Ok -they must have improved massively - that's good to hear :thumbsup: - last time I used lovefilm they had difficulty finding antything from the top-half from my list to send me let alone completing a series of 20 dvds in three months.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…910
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66
    3. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75865
    4. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88

See more discussions