Groups

Baxi Boiler help ,...any engineers help us please ????????????UPDATE , It's working at the mo

Hi, We had the boiler installed 2yrs ago this month. Recently intermittantly the water started to run cold. checking the boiler the flashing neon light is on the 50C neon. I see that this is a fan or flue problem . Phoned baxi up and explained , they said i was only covered for 1 yr ...+3 free month as i had registered with them . Explained only had less than 2 yrs . They have let me take cover out for it but i cant get an engineer until 27 days now . The boiler wont work at all now ...starts up but after about 30 secs , light sr#tarts flashing again . CH wont also work ...Any idea how much this would cost from experience as my mother has offered to pay for someone to come out in the meantime as I dont want me mother stung with a big bill, only its freezing in the house and we have 2 young kids and receive working tax credits .....please can anyonje suggest something ....I have since been told I may have been able to have a boiler installed for free due to the working tax credits etc from warmfront . any help greatly appreciated ..alan

21 Comments

Banned

Al I have the same boiler and same problem after 3 years. Baxi are rubbish. But upstairs in the water tank area is a automatic flow switch that switches over when the water gets turned on. This will getting stuck. Barratt bought a bolt load of these a few years back and they wont admit its their error.

Original Poster

Foosball Chum;3114527

Al I have the same boiler and same problem after 3 years. Baxi are … Al I have the same boiler and same problem after 3 years. Baxi are rubbish. But upstairs in the water tank area is a automatic flow switch that switches over when the water gets turned on. This will getting stuck. Barratt bought a bolt load of these a few years back and they wont admit its their error.

well the more i speak to people the more i find this boiler keeps going faulty .....usually heat exchanger .....how can a company get away with this ....friends have all said their boilers have all had issues within 2-3 yrs....I mean if you bought a car and it had these issues with so many people there would be a recall or something so how can these companies sell you something whereby you have then got to pay another 150 pounds a year to cover it knowing it will break and the cover will protect you ......I am FUMING At the mo . especially seeing as someone saiod Warmfront may have been able to suply and install ths for nothing due to being on family credits (even though i work )

Banned

alnbowes;3114573

well the more i speak to people the more i find this boiler keeps going … well the more i speak to people the more i find this boiler keeps going faulty .....usually heat exchanger .....how can a company get away with this ....friends have all said their boilers have all had issues within 2-3 yrs....I mean if you bought a car and it had these issues with so many people there would be a recall or something so how can these companies sell you something whereby you have then got to pay another 150 pounds a year to cover it knowing it will break and the cover will protect you ......I am FUMING At the mo . especially seeing as someone saiod Warmfront may have been able to suply and install ths for nothing due to being on family credits (even though i work )

Yeah it aint good, I paid a good plumber about £100 to sort mine, seems OK for now. I tried getting Barratt Homes on the old 'not fit for purpose' buyers rights. I nearly had them but they contacted Baxi and they weren't having anything to do with it. The thing is it could easily be a part outside he actual boiler unit along the whole heating system. Its carp that you need an experienced plumber to tell you the problem, costing you £40 per hour to diagnose the fault before you can sue the pants off someone for rubbish heating systems.

Last place I had the boiler was 20 years old, and only needed a service once a year to keep it going. Boliers at £1000 a pop dont need to be going wrong every 3-5 years like white goods do these days.

I bet you in 50 years time we will be posting stuff like 'look I've got a fridge that lasted me over 10 years' and be amazed something could last that long

Original Poster

Foosball Chum;3114684

Yeah it aint good, I paid a good plumber about £100 to sort mine, seems … Yeah it aint good, I paid a good plumber about £100 to sort mine, seems OK for now. I tried getting Barratt Homes on the old 'not fit for purpose' buyers rights. I nearly had them but they contacted Baxi and they weren't having anything to do with it. The thing is it could easily be a part outside he actual boiler unit along the whole heating system. Its carp that you need an experienced plumber to tell you the problem, costing you £40 per hour to diagnose the fault before you can sue the pants off someone for ****** heating systems.Last place I had the boiler was 20 years old, and only needed a service once a year to keep it going. Boliers at £1000 a pop dont need to be going wrong every 3-5 years like white goods do these days.I bet you in 50 years time we will be posting stuff like 'look I've got a fridge that lasted me over 10 years' and be amazed something could last that long

well i have managed toget in touch with john wayne who installed it and , hopefully he willo come out in the next day or so and wont take my eyes oput with a spoon to fix it . Am contacting Baxi now to ensure the guarantee and cover isnt affected by getting him out ....I meann ... how are we expected to wait 20 odd days in this weather ...rediculous....I am really mad at how so many of these are breaking down and peoople get cover on nthem know ing this ...as i say if it was a car or a telly people would be in upread ..agreed goods seem to last only few years whereby tellys etc a few years ago lasted for years ./....cheap carp parts installed an prices inflated ,....they obviously make thei money by the after service etc

If you are with british gas they will come out within 12 hours for £99 including one part and labour, mine is a different make but it was the same fault, they came on a saturday as well,the only catch is you have to have their gas first .........I think you might pay more with a private plumber and I got it all checked over and tested at the same time. If it is something more complicated you pay for the cheaper bit they pay for the dear one and the rest is still £99.

Hi,

Not a plumber but I have a combi and on 2 different boilers they both stopped getting hot. Called an engineer out and it was a little part which just needed replacing (wear and tear).

The major cost was the call out fee. Unfortunately whatever the problem, it wont get better and the weather is getting colder. It's a definate pain in the @ss.

alns just on the phone, now he's being told the cover was for 2 years again:roll: will keep you updated on whats happening:thumbsup:

Banned

you really need to push on this one, i thought most boilers now came with two years, so is worth pushing, have you found all your paperwork? does it say anything about warranty on that? i know you say you have taken cover out but have you shopped around for this cover? dont let them take advantage of the situation when it could be cheaper elswhere

Banned

warmfront will not condemn a boiler for a small problem, they will fix it out of a grant that may be available to you, but it doesnt happen over night, you can phone them and enquire but i dont think it would be of any use unless someone says it aint worth fixing, and under two years old i doubt that and if it was then you would really need to push maxi on this, lesss than 2 year old is not a reasonable amount fo time for a boiler to last

sassie;3114944

you really need to push on this one, i thought most boilers now came with … you really need to push on this one, i thought most boilers now came with two years, so is worth pushing, have you found all your paperwork? does it say anything about warranty on that? i know you say you have taken cover out but have you shopped around for this cover? dont let them take advantage of the situation when it could be cheaper elswhere

i haven't even looked for the paper work:oops: but i know where it'll be so will get it out. thx just waiting to hear what the outcome of the phone call is that al has made.... will let you know whats what when i find out:thumbsup:

Had a problem with mine before but it was the ignition circuit. Most companies were quoting over £250 to fix but British Gas at that time had a fixed charge fee which was £99. Included the call out, labour and parts. I also believe they have a promo which I saw somewhere where you subscribe for £2 a month and fixed fee is £99 still. Just looked on their website but cannot find it.

Banned

britishgas.co.uk/pro…184 stick your post code in here, mine was £168, couldnt find the one avoint is referring to

Banned

Threaten legal action under the sales of goods act as its clearly not fit for purpose. A boiler should last 10 years at least so you have every reason to push for this.

Banned

csiman;3115504

Threaten legal action under the sales of goods act as its clearly not fit … Threaten legal action under the sales of goods act as its clearly not fit for purpose. A boiler should last 10 years at least so you have every reason to push for this.

you can only push that one if it is condemned, it desnt mean 10 years hassle free, also i will assume this will mean it needs to have been looked after and serviced etc,

and think the expected life of combis is about 8 years

Original Poster

ok the upshot is , 2 separate people on 2 occasions from Domestic & G$£"£$% have both told me that i was covered up until the 16th of oct this year however when going through to baxi they state that that model is oly covered for 1 year + 3 months extended . Dom& G gave me a ref no to go back to baxi , baxi again . Baxi then said the same , and passed me bacjk to d&G , supervisor there said " only 1 yr cover , I asked why 2 members of staff have said otherwise he said they were looking at the date it was installed and said it was the 2nd anniversary but it wasnt covered .

When i called baxi lat week and explained they set up a policy £10 a month to cover , I was going to wait until the end of the month and then call them to get someone to come out , The girl who set up the policy knew al of this when she set up the policy , I said there was a bit of an issue it was working but keep running cold now and again (at that time) ...the supervisor today said I will cancell your policy due to start at the end of the month as the boiler is broken now . I said yes but you set this up last week , they said they cant insure if its broken before the policy starts , referred me back to baxi to start an emergency cover , costing me £299 to have someone come out monday and fix it , no other charges ... and it covered for the fulll year . I feel totaly stung with this and not happy

Original Poster

oh and although lynds doesnt work I earn over the £15,555 Im under 17k earnings though or whatever so we dont qualify for anything on the warmfront side of things.

Banned

give me 5 mins to find the site i used, it is full of lpumbers and experts on all of these boilers, maybe help you to find out if it is a massive problem worth the money or even help you find out about the warranty, its worth an ask, just need to find it

Banned

ok, here it is, they are really helpful diynot.com/for…f=7

Original Poster

The boiler has been working for the last 1hr , boiling water and radiators too hot to touch , I'm geting changed into some bermuda shorts and t shirt in a bit ....whooooo hooooo (dont know how long this will last ):w00t::w00t:

cheers for the info sassie

Banned

alnbowes;3117923

The boiler has been working for the last 1hr , boiling water and … The boiler has been working for the last 1hr , boiling water and radiators too hot to touch , I'm geting changed into some bermuda shorts and t shirt in a bit ....whooooo hooooo (dont know how long this will last ):w00t::w00t:cheers for the info sassie

What did you do to get it working then?

Original Poster

csiman;3122661

What did you do to get it working then?

aww its not since then ...intermittant .....its like a woman ......friggin blows hot and cold all the time :whistling::w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047149
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767372
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2464
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)62482

See more discussions