BBC 1 HD to simulcast on Virgin, sky, freesat and freeview from the autumn

12 replies
10 Comments

looking forward to MOTD and Easties in HD, quality and about time!!

Another waste of the licence fee. I can understand broadcasting sport or films in HD, but Eastenders etc..... It's bad enough that crap gets broadcast at all :thumbsup:

megalomaniac;8711120

Another waste of the licence fee. I can understand broadcasting sport or … Another waste of the licence fee. I can understand broadcasting sport or films in HD, but Eastenders etc..... It's bad enough that crap gets broadcast at all :thumbsup:

Huh everythings going to go that way soon enough. As it will become the standard format.:thinking:

Great news

Adam2050;8711202

Huh everythings going to go that way soon enough. As it will become the … Huh everythings going to go that way soon enough. As it will become the standard format.:thinking:

You'd think given your high quotient of non-serious posts you might be able to recognise one yourself :whistling:

But in all seriousness EastEnders, Holby City and Casualty should be stopped and all those who watch them should be shot. The other stuff either provides a public service or is sold elsewhere and actually makes money for the BBC so I suppose they can stay :thumbsup:

I bet the cameras they use to film Eastenders etc are HD anyway so its not costing any extra to produce

megalomaniac;8711350

You'd think given your high quotient of non-serious posts you might be … You'd think given your high quotient of non-serious posts you might be able to recognise one yourself :whistling:But in all seriousness EastEnders, Holby City and Casualty should be stopped and all those who watch them should be shot. The other stuff either provides a public service or is sold elsewhere and actually makes money for the BBC so I suppose they can stay :thumbsup:

It was the half hearted effort.:p

I agree with the above same same programs

Banned

so will this work through standard freeview receivers / freeview TVs?

csiman;8712065

so will this work through standard freeview receivers / freeview TVs?

No, you need a FreeviewHD receiver as it uses the newer DVB-T2 standard.

Banned

megalomaniac;8712121

No, you need a FreeviewHD receiver as it uses the newer DVB-T2 standard.

thats what I thought. :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75856
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions