Groups

BBC fires presenter for being a white male

Banned
    The media just keeps on getting worse and worse. BBC has recently fired a presenter who's a white male and they want "diversity". Also, trainees who're white weren't accepted because, they're white. Yep, totally progressive and diverse, no doubt.

News video: youtube.com/wat…6nw

93 Comments

fanpages

Yawn.[ … Yawn.[ http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/muslim-mayor-london-said-immigrants-shouldn-t-assimilate-2521887?p=28891203 ]Old news.Nothing to see here.

plot twist, imagine if its all one guy??

watch from 2:42 in this video:
    youtube.com/wat…qH0

mind = blown

So a guy doesn't get his contract renewed by the BBC, leaves to join a radio station owned by Rupert Murdoch and then makes disparaging comments about his former employer.

Yikes.

fanpages

Yawn.[ … Yawn.[ http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/muslim-mayor-london-said-immigrants-shouldn-t-assimilate-2521887?p=28891203 ]Old news.Nothing to see here.

No, fanpages, you are wrong. We must vent our outrage and generate over 100 comments reinforcing stereotypes and prejudices. Get with the programme.

Saturn

No, fanpages, you are wrong. We must vent our outrage and generate over … No, fanpages, you are wrong. We must vent our outrage and generate over 100 comments reinforcing stereotypes and prejudices. Get with the programme.

Sorry.

The "Bring back Punt & Dennis" campaign starts here.

Original Poster Banned

fanpages

Nothing to see here? BBC fired a presenter based on his skin colour and gender. Facts are facts. Don't try to censor it because you're annoyed with it.

Original Poster Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

So a guy doesn't get his contract renewed by the BBC, leaves to join a … So a guy doesn't get his contract renewed by the BBC, leaves to join a radio station owned by Rupert Murdoch and then makes disparaging comments about his former employer.Yikes.

If you watch the video you'll see that it was because he was white and male. White trainees are also being rejected.

Spasho

Nothing to see here? BBC fired a presenter based on his skin colour and … Nothing to see here? BBC fired a presenter based on his skin colour and gender. Facts are facts. Don't try to censor it because you're annoyed with it.

What facts have you provided exactly?...

He was self employed and his contract ended ergo he was not sacked
    His contract was not renewed as many others are not when a program format changes.
    Next you`ll be saying Clarkson was sacked for being a yuppy
    Nothing to see here move along the Bus.....

Edited by: "arachnoid" 4th Oct 2016

Original Poster Banned

RossD89

What facts have you provided exactly?...

Watch the video instead of babbling on about.

And for a link besides the video: breitbart.com/lon…ns/

Facts are racist, yeah, totally.

Spasho

Watch the video instead of babbling on about.And for a link besides the … Watch the video instead of babbling on about.And for a link besides the video: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/07/whites-need-not-apply-bbc-advertises-black-asian-minority-positions/Facts are racist, yeah, totally.

That link has nothing to do with this thread, and your video contains no facts...

Spasho

Watch the video instead of babbling on about.And for a link besides the … Watch the video instead of babbling on about.And for a link besides the video: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/07/whites-need-not-apply-bbc-advertises-black-asian-minority-positions/Facts are racist, yeah, totally.

Man, white people can't catch a break in this country. X)

(The above is a joke by the way before anybody takes offence).

The BBC probably should be representative of Britain which means having a workforce that reflects the makeup of the country. The same happens with politics.

As for the comedian, it's seems to be only his word but who knows why his contract wasn't removed. Maybe they wanted younger voices, maybe they wanted a wider range of voices to appeal to a wider audience or maybe they just thought that it needed freshening up.
    Edited by: "HotEnglishAndWelshDeals" 4th Oct 2016

I like jon holmes but the now show is dire, so maybe a change would do it good.

I think the annoying thing about this is the bbc try to change popular shows to increase their diversity numbers. Same with women on panel shows, Give women their own shows rather than to force them to have women on.

Banned

would you really think bbc would discriminate a white person? wouldn't it be all over news !!
    god help you pal!

if they have said his contract wasn't renewed then it means it wasn't renewed! it's like any contact does!

Banned

seems this op has particular problems currently in this country hahaha

sofiasar

would you really think bbc would discriminate a white person? wouldn't it … would you really think bbc would discriminate a white person? wouldn't it be all over news !! god help you pal!if they have said his contract wasn't renewed then it means it wasn't renewed! it's like any contact does!

The Guardian, The Express, The Metro, The Independent, Breitbart, The Telegraph.....

sofiasar

would you really think bbc would discriminate a white person? wouldn't it … would you really think bbc would discriminate a white person? wouldn't it be all over news !! god help you pal!if they have said his contract wasn't renewed then it means it wasn't renewed! it's like any contact does!

would you really think bbc would discriminate a white person?

100%

sofiasar

seems this op has particular problems currently in this country hahaha

lots of us do
    Edited by: "livinthedream" 4th Oct 2016

sofiasar

It was all over the news, he said that they told him it wasnt being renewed so they could add diversity. Thats clear discrimination.

But its not a big deal, you are allowed to hire people based on race and sex on tv and radio. They wouldnt interview a white person for role of a muslim suicide bomber

Edited by: "davidian84" 4th Oct 2016

davidian84

They wouldnt interview a white person for role of a muslim suicide bomber

There's quite a few things wrong with this statement, but we'll just focus on the fact that they would if the character was a white Muslim suicide bomber/terrorist.
    davidian84

I like jon holmes but the now show is dire, so maybe a change would do it … I like jon holmes but the now show is dire, so maybe a change would do it good.I think the annoying thing about this is the bbc try to change popular shows to increase their diversity numbers. Same with women on panel shows, Give women their own shows rather than to force them to have women on.

Any particular examples?

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

The BBC probably should be representative of Britain which means having a … The BBC probably should be representative of Britain which means having a workforce that reflects the makeup of the country.

How can it possibly do that when most of the country don't work in television and radio?

I'm sure I have just as little in common with Peter Capaldi as I do with his upcoming affirmative-action companion. Should I demand that the BBC employ someone with a similar CV to me, perhaps a similar body-mass index, someone whose little toe on the left foot clicks when they bend it, gotta make sure I'm represented.

Are we sure that the correct proportion of people who love marmite versus hate it are employed by the BBC, and if not then who shouldn't get their contract renewed?

davidian84

They wouldnt interview a white person for role of a muslim suicide … They wouldnt interview a white person for role of a muslim suicide bomber

davidian84

I like jon holmes but the now show is dire, so maybe a change would do … I like jon holmes but the now show is dire, so maybe a change would do it good.I think the annoying thing about this is the bbc try to change popular shows to increase their diversity numbers. Same with women on panel shows, Give women their own shows rather than to force them to have women on.

You ignored the point to make a silly pc remark, what else is wrong with the statement?

examples of what? the bbc has a rule that all panel shows must have at least one woman
    Edited by: "davidian84" 4th Oct 2016

Damian Lewis homeland

davidian84

You ignored the point to make a silly pc remark, what else is wrong with … You ignored the point to make a silly pc remark, what else is wrong with the statement?examples of what? the bbc has a rule that all panel shows must have one woman

Your point implied that all Muslim suicide bombers are white, which is somewhat problematic. The fact that there's a show on at the moment called Our Girl that features a white suicide bomber/terrorist means your point is straight-up factually incorrect though.

Rubisco

How can it possibly do that when most of the country don't work in … How can it possibly do that when most of the country don't work in television and radio?I'm sure I have just as little in common with Peter Capaldi as I do with his upcoming affirmative-action companion. Should I demand that the BBC employ someone with a similar CV to me, perhaps a similar body-mass index, someone whose little toe on the left foot clicks when they bend it, gotta make sure I'm represented.Are we sure that the correct proportion of people who love marmite versus hate it are employed by the BBC, and if not then who shouldn't get their contract renewed?

So this is who Mrs Brown's Boys is made for. X)

But just to treat your post as if it was a serious point I'd say that the BBC doesn't go in for making sure they reflect the marmite-liking demographic as much as trying to make sure that it reflects the broader demographics of Britain (sex, race etc.).

That's patently obvious to most people so let's not continue down this road ok.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

There's quite a few things wrong with this statementAny particular … There's quite a few things wrong with this statementAny particular examples?

Will try again
    What else is wrong with the statement or is it just the one thing you mentioned
    What example are you after?

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

So this is who Mrs Brown's Boys is made for. X)But just to treat your … So this is who Mrs Brown's Boys is made for. X)But just to treat your post as if it was a serious point I'd say that the BBC doesn't go in for making sure they reflect the marmite-liking demographic as much as trying to make sure that it reflects the broader demographics of Britain (sex, race etc.).That's patently obvious to most people so let's not continue down this road ok.

What the heck is a "broader demographic"? You mean a demographic that some trade on for political capital? It's time for race to be ranked alongside phrenology and alchemy as a silly pseudoscientific throwback. Frank Skinner has more in common with Lenny Henry than he does with Benedict Cumberbatch, for anybody to suggest otherwise is pretty racist, don't you think?

How the Jesus did I miss this...

Truth is he walked past an orphanage and didn't stop and drool, so failed that part of his BBC employment test. They call it the Saville Test!

BAN THE BBC

Graham1979

How the Jesus did I miss this...Truth is he walked past an orphanage and … How the Jesus did I miss this...Truth is he walked past an orphanage and didn't stop and drool, so failed that part of his BBC employment test. They call it the Saville Test!BAN THE BBC

Savile.

know kneed two wurry abowt yoor grammer az Fanpages'll Fix It For You....& u & ewe & yew

How's about that then?

The best person for any job is the best qualified what ever their colour of race.

fanpages

Savile.

You were obviously a fan

landros1

The best person for any job is the best qualified what ever their colour … The best person for any job is the best qualified what ever their colour of race.

Any job?

So if you're casting Malcolm X, race isn't important? Of course it is (in almost every single case unless you want to do something very different with the role a la Cate Blanchett's casting in the Bob Dylan biopic a few years back).

So now we move away from your position and look at how diversity is a factor when we're talking specifically about the creative arts. It's a very nuanced discussion.

Graham1979

You were obviously a fan

Actually you seem to bring him up quite a bit. This isn't even a discussion about him or paedophilia but you've managed to shoehorn him in. It's a bit strange.

If anyone wants to make themselves feel uneasy, google 'graham1979 saville hukd' to see what Calvin Klein would call 'Obsession'.

Remember, spell Savile incorrectly (ie. saville).

And now I need a good shower. oO
    Edited by: "HotEnglishAndWelshDeals" 4th Oct 2016

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Actually you seem to bring him up quite a bit. This isn't even a … Actually you seem to bring him up quite a bit. This isn't even a discussion about him or paedophilia but you've managed to shoehorn him in. It's a bit strange.

I agree, maybe us paying for the freak didn't help. Maybe paying for Rolf the millionaires pension doesn't help either, or Stuart Hall or Dave Lee-Travis or........... The BBC ignored all this to protect itself, the politicians, the judiciary and everywhere else children were abused.

THE BBC IS OUTDATED AND CORRUPT

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q621/stuartjhanley/Mobile%20Uploads/image3915274x_zpsedrusxbi.jpg

Is Davewave dead? Not like him to miss out on a thread like this?

Gollywood

Is Davewave dead? Not like him to miss out on a thread like this?

Graham has to say Savile three times to summon him.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Any job?So if you're casting Malcolm X, race isn't important? Of course … Any job?So if you're casting Malcolm X, race isn't important? Of course it is (in almost every single case unless you want to do something very different with the role a la Cate Blanchett's casting in the Bob Dylan biopic a few years back).So now we move away from your position and look at how diversity is a factor when we're talking specifically about the creative arts. It's a very nuanced discussion.

If a black actor is required then a black person is a better qualified candidate.

Graham1979

How the Jesus did I miss this...Truth is he walked past an orphanage … How the Jesus did I miss this...Truth is he walked past an orphanage and didn't stop and drool, so failed that part of his BBC employment test. They call it the Saville Test!BAN THE BBC

fanpages

Savile.

Graham1979

You were obviously a fan

Were?

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Any job?So if you're casting Malcolm X, race isn't important? Of course … Any job?So if you're casting Malcolm X, race isn't important? Of course it is (in almost every single case unless you want to do something very different with the role a la Cate Blanchett's casting in the Bob Dylan biopic a few years back).So now we move away from your position and look at how diversity is a factor when we're talking specifically about the creative arts. It's a very nuanced discussion.

Well if you're casting a Viking it doesn't seem to be...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4b/e0/6a/4be06af4aa86b3dab0c22ca14860bf4a.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-l-zfsJD_kl0/VrvjNpJ988I/AAAAAAAAQ00/yZgOoswEUW8/s1600/heimdall.png
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions