BBC iPlayer HD Programs

Found 22nd Dec 2017
on my Samsung TV, BBC iPlayer is not showing programs in HD mainly Blue Planet. checked the iPlayer settings and it's set on HD. anyone know how to get this fixed? Thank you
Community Updates
6 Comments
hotukdeals.com/dea…e=6

There's a lengthy thread about it above. Basically, some Samsung sets are awaiting an update. Others won't get it due to a difference in technologies. There's a list on the BBC iPlayer page which lists compatible sets. It's also in that thread.
Edited by: "greycounciller" 22nd Dec 2017
Just to add the ability to stream in HD is also dictated by your internet speed. If you have decent broadband this won’t be an issue but if your attached to the world by paper cups and string out in the sticks you may not be able to do this anyway.
As a rough guide on Interent speed, your need about 3 MBs download for 720p and around 4.5 MBs for 1080p HD
iPlayer HD has become rubbish recently. Even on a PC with a 100MB/s fibre connection and in the middle of the night, I often get less than 360p. The implementation is utterly shoddy.

When it started, iPlayer was amazing because it *just worked*. Since the mandatory signups etc, its performance has decreased dramatically. A real shame.
Ferris4 h, 1 m ago

iPlayer HD has become rubbish recently. Even on a PC with a 100MB/s fibre …iPlayer HD has become rubbish recently. Even on a PC with a 100MB/s fibre connection and in the middle of the night, I often get less than 360p. The implementation is utterly shoddy.When it started, iPlayer was amazing because it *just worked*. Since the mandatory signups etc, its performance has decreased dramatically. A real shame.

I'm with bt and get full hd all the time and runs perfectly all the time
Sorry for the late response. I have the Vodafone Fibre connection 36 and its not showing any HD options when I watch any programs. I'm talking about normal HD not 4K or HDR as its an old TV (2013).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants