BBC iPlayer now on Virgin Media TV press red button on BBC channels

10 replies
Found 30th Apr 2008
The BBC iPlayer is now available on your TV if you have Virgin Media TV. You might need to reboot your box (power off and on again) for it updade onto your box.
Then just press the red button on a BBC channel and off you go.

10 Comments

Thanks just off to reboot H&R added

Moved to misc forum, not really a freebie. Thanks.

Not on Sky yet?

Haven't looked into the details of this but can't you already get a lot of BBC programs on demand with Virgin? Does this simply mean you now have more choice?

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;1997701

Not on Sky yet?

This won't be on Sky as they can't do real video on demand due to their one way network.

The only way Sky could do this is over the Internet which BBC already do.

I suppose if they had a set top box connected to the internet they could stream iPlayer to it then the box could output to the TV.

Original Poster

biff;1997751

Haven't looked into the details of this but can't you already get a lot … Haven't looked into the details of this but can't you already get a lot of BBC programs on demand with Virgin? Does this simply mean you now have more choice?

There is already much more programming on iPlayer than is on BBC Catch up TV, about 300hrs currently and is planned to expand to 600hrs and include HD stuff as well.

Original Poster

emmajk42;1997602

Moved to misc forum, not really a freebie. Thanks.

Yes it is a freebie, It is a free service to the 3 million or so Virgin media TV customers.

Excellent. I never have to watch eastenders again
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    2. win free cash32
    3. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition62654
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines11

See more discussions