Groups

BBC News: London may seek separate Brexit deal, mayor warns

London the new Singapore?

167 Comments

Banned

Talk about someone being stuck up their own ****

The guy is nuts.

So long as we can build a wall around it.!

...Good deal lmao

Ah the left-wing libtards at it again. Just ignore democracy repeatedly no matter what.

Khan is clueless

wozukSilencer

Khan is clueless

Next he'll be declaring Sharia law.!

Original Poster

I genuinely think I like this idea.

Would mean London would be able to fend for itself and the rest of the country could get on whilst also charging a fortune to provide London with food, water, power etc. Distribute the wealth

Who could trump this ? (_;)

Honestly why cant people accept the vote instead of acting like children who havent gotten there way its democarcy live with it we all have to.

no chance

Time for London Boroughs to seek separate brexit deal and separate Goldsmith and Khan deals.

colin4man

London the new Singapore?

No freedom of movement, tough immigration law in Singapore.

individual Brexit deals, opt-in or out personally on a daily basis via an app.

Let London stay in the EU. They can continue to pay the EU fees, build a wall around it for border control, they can take in as many unemployed EU citizens as want to live there without invitation (edited). All Londoners should require visas to visit or work anywhere else in the UK.

Sounds like a plan.
    Edited by: "SJHan" 1st Dec 2016

http://i67.tinypic.com/aboygi.jpg

Predikuesi

Concentrate on the London transport crisis Sadiq.

Original Poster

stuarthanley

Let London stay in the EU. They can continue to pay the EU fees, build a … Let London stay in the EU. They can continue to pay the EU fees, build a wall around it for border control, they can take in as many unemployed EU citizens as they like then. All Londoners should require visas to visit or work anywhere else in the UK. Sounds like a plan.

​Ah see that's where you're wrong. You obviously haven't been paying attention.

They can't "take in as many unemployed EU citizens as they like". They would have no choice but to take in as many as wanted to come, no matter what the cost or how much space there was.
    Edited by: "colin4man" 1st Dec 2016

wozukSilencer

Khan is clueless

https://deanoinamerica.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/khaaan.jpg

curly1987

Honestly why cant people accept the vote instead of acting like children … Honestly why cant people accept the vote instead of acting like children who havent gotten there way its democarcy live with it we all have to.

Mainly because those who voted for it seemingly haven't got a workable plan to implement it and are making demands on the power makers to do so when most of then voted against it too

colin4man

​Ah see that's where you're wrong. You obviously haven't been paying a … ​Ah see that's where you're wrong. You obviously haven't been paying attention. :DThey can't "take in as many unemployed EU citizens as they like". They would have no choice but to take in as many as wanted to come, no matter what the cost or how much space there was.

Yes. My mistake. Will correct it.

mrwhitelabel

Mainly because those who voted for it seemingly haven't got a workable … Mainly because those who voted for it seemingly haven't got a workable plan to implement it and are making demands on the power makers to do so when most of then voted against it too

But the HUKD brexiters do have a plan! Shut the boarders (sic). As soon as that is done, there will be full employment at double the minimum wage for anyone who wants a job, a 100% increase in benefits for anyone who doesn't, the end of poverty, one GP per person if required... And England will win the World Cup

That north-south divide keeps on growing. X)

But places likes Manchester, Cambridge, Bristol, Liverpool, Oxford, etc. Should push for their own deals too, so that they can continue to prosper as they have been for years.

It's jealousy from people living in towns that get listed as the most deprived in the country like Oldham, West Bromwich or Walsall standing in the way. And it's not just that they see these towns falling apart that angers them, but that people they know, people they went to school with got out and went to places like London to make something more of themselves.

It's not London that people object to - it's what it represents.

Ambition.

So go on Khan, strive for more for the city that is great because it attracts people from around the country, and from around the world who all want MORE!
    Edited by: "HotEnglishAndWelshDeals" 1st Dec 2016

I am available for a separate London deal,
    https://www.christian-conservatives.org.uk/sites/www.christian-conservatives.org.uk/files/zac_goldsmith_037_copy.jpg

Original Poster

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

That north-south divide keeps on growing. X)But places likes Manchester, … That north-south divide keeps on growing. X)But places likes Manchester, Cambridge, Bristol, Liverpool, Oxford, etc. Should push for their own deals too, so that they can continue to prosper as they have been for years.It's jealousy from people living in towns that get listed as the most deprived in the country like Oldham, West Bromwich or Walsall standing in the way. And it's not just that they see these towns falling apart that angers them, but that people they know, people they went to school with got out and went to places like London to make something more of themselves.It's not London that people object to - it's what it represents.Ambition.So go on Khan, strive for more for the city that is great because it attracts people from around the country, and from around the world who all want MORE!

Thank you for speaking so authoratively, very good. I think I'll move to one of them there 'deprived towns' sounds like a very cheap place to live with opportunities to grow a strong businesses for the people who are working there.

colin4man

Thank you for speaking so authoratively, very good. I think I'll move to … Thank you for speaking so authoratively, very good. I think I'll move to one of them there 'deprived towns' sounds like a very cheap place to live with opportunities to grow a strong businesses for the people who are working there.

That's the spirit. And when you need seed money or an angel investor then I'm sure you'll find that locally too.

Original Poster

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

That's the spirit. And when you need seed money or an angel investor then … That's the spirit. And when you need seed money or an angel investor then I'm sure you'll find that locally too.

​Financially independent me. In fact I may take your suggestion and start a fund. I could be The Angel of the North.
    Edited by: "colin4man" 1st Dec 2016

Its not the mayor of greater London that you should be afraid of stopping brexit it the city of London. It has been a separate part of the UK for hundreds of years, similar in fashion to the Vatican. It has a representative in the commons who's sole purpose in life is to make sure no laws are passed that are detrimental to the city.
    "The Corporation exists outside many of the laws and democratic controls which govern the rest of the United Kingdom. The City of London is the only part of Britain over which parliament has no authority. In one respect at least the Corporation acts as the superior body: it imposes on the House of Commons a figure called the remembrancer: an official lobbyist who sits behind the Speaker's chair and ensures that, whatever our elected representatives might think, the City's rights and privileges are protected. The mayor of London's mandate stops at the boundaries of the Square Mile."

More rubbish from the losing side of the Referendum, the Referendum has been won you shouldn't be wasting your time giving these people any publicity if you voted Leave.
    Edited by: "shasnir" 1st Dec 2016

mrwhitelabel

Mainly because those who voted for it seemingly haven't got a workable … Mainly because those who voted for it seemingly haven't got a workable plan to implement it

I'm sorry but its not for me or any other leaver to come up with a plan, that is for the government. The elites are so far removed from the people that they didn't even consider we would vote leave and didn't have a plan, that's not my fault, that's the fault of Cammeron et al.

In London more than 80% of babies are born to foreign parents, Khan wants to protect this and increase it no doubt.

Good riddance. Half of Londoners weren't born in this country.They spend billions on their little trains whilst the rest of the country grinds to a halt.

The rest of the UK would be better off without London sucking the life out of it .

airfix

In London more than 80% of babies are born to foreign parents, Khan wants … In London more than 80% of babies are born to foreign parents, Khan wants to protect this and increase it no doubt.

I like how people like you get scared by stuff like that. X)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/02/25/22/30D902FF00000578-0-image-m-10_1456440293081.jpg
    Edited by: "HotEnglishAndWelshDeals" 1st Dec 2016

RonChew

But the HUKD brexiters do have a plan! Shut the boarders (sic). As soon … But the HUKD brexiters do have a plan! Shut the boarders (sic). As soon as that is done, there will be full employment at double the minimum wage for anyone who wants a job, a 100% increase in benefits for anyone who doesn't, the end of poverty, one GP per person if required... And England will win the World Cup

All quite true except for England winning, if we shut the borders we can employ hundreds of thousands of border patrol bods, then we can employ thousands of trade negotiators, then we can employ as many gp's as needed.

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q621/stuartjhanley/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-12/dome_zpsgl3eoevk.png
    A sealed, watertight & airtight dome would be perfect.

123thisisme

All quite true except for England winning, if we shut the borders we can … All quite true except for England winning, if we shut the borders we can employ hundreds of thousands of border patrol bods, then we can employ thousands of trade negotiators, then we can employ as many gp's as needed.

Any idea how all of this will be paid for? But, as you said before, it's up to the government to plan it all. Supposing that the elected government decides that leaving the EU is unworkable, what will you do then?

Bring back Boris.

RonChew

Any idea how all of this will be paid for? But, as you said before, it's … Any idea how all of this will be paid for? But, as you said before, it's up to the government to plan it all. Supposing that the elected government decides that leaving the EU is unworkable, what will you do then?

Apparently we will have £350 million a week to spare (_;). TBH I have always said they will not let us leave, maybe the remembrancer will step in and stop it. I really don't know what I would do personally, I'm getting a bit to old to attend any more riots, but riots there would be.
    Edited by: "123thisisme" 1st Dec 2016

Arrive - free house - start breeding - get more money. Sorted.:D

airfix

Arrive - free house - start breeding - get more money. Sorted.:D

Yes because that's what everyone arriving into this country does. X)

I do enjoy how uncomfortable people like you are with the modern world. It's all changing so much and you just feel so lost.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/02/25/22/318D239A00000578-0-image-m-29_1456440667235.jpg

Original Poster

RonChew

Any idea how all of this will be paid for? But, as you said before, it's … Any idea how all of this will be paid for? But, as you said before, it's up to the government to plan it all. Supposing that the elected government decides that leaving the EU is unworkable, what will you do then?

​Good point, because nobody outside London spends money or pays taxes and there are no businesses or natural resources or tourists visiting etc.etc
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions