BBC News reports that a 21 year old girl with "no underlying health issues" dies of Coronavirus

Posted 25th Mar
The BBC reports that a 21 year old girl from Buckinghamshire has died from Coronavirus and is not believed to have had any underlying health condonditions. This is both extremely sad and extremely worrying. I really hope that young people see this story and start to realise that this virus can indeed kill them.

bbc.co.uk/new…709
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
It is also extremely premature and typical of today's media who want screaming HEADLINES.

They could be sensible and wait for the post mortem results (which is a requirement in law for unexplained deaths which this is. Apologies to those who dislike the topic). Instead, the media have chosen to sensationalise it.

Please remember that when you read the news. It is no longer NEWS. It consists of SCOOPS, EXCLUSIVES and the like. No 2nd source. No reputable source. Just gossip interspersed with genuine facts The BBC have long ago abandoned independence, impartiality and high standards

Life may have been boring before 24 hour news but perhaps boring is better than worry
Edited by: "ccnp" 25th Mar
30 Comments
It is also extremely premature and typical of today's media who want screaming HEADLINES.

They could be sensible and wait for the post mortem results (which is a requirement in law for unexplained deaths which this is. Apologies to those who dislike the topic). Instead, the media have chosen to sensationalise it.

Please remember that when you read the news. It is no longer NEWS. It consists of SCOOPS, EXCLUSIVES and the like. No 2nd source. No reputable source. Just gossip interspersed with genuine facts The BBC have long ago abandoned independence, impartiality and high standards

Life may have been boring before 24 hour news but perhaps boring is better than worry
Edited by: "ccnp" 25th Mar
Yes it’s worrying, even more so for the older less healthy of us..

people need to keep calm follow advice and do there best to keep themselves and the vulnerable safe..
It also says it isn't confirmed if she had corona
ccnp25/03/2020 19:43

It is also extremely premature and typical of today's media who want …It is also extremely premature and typical of today's media who want screaming HEADLINES.They could be sensible and wait for the post mortem results (which is a requirement in law for unexplained deaths which this is. Apologies to those who dislike the topic). Instead, the media have chosen to sensationalise it. Please remember that when you read the news. It is no longer NEWS. It consists of SCOOPS, EXCLUSIVES and the like. No 2nd source. No reputable source. Just gossip interspersed with genuine facts The BBC have long ago abandoned independence, impartiality and high standardsLife may have been boring before 24 hour news but perhaps boring is better than worry

I don't think I'd call it "sensationalised". They report that "according to her family" she had no underlying health conditions. Of course there would be a post-mortem in due course and something else could be discovered (such as the man who was found to have leukemia though had not been aware of it) but by that same token if you follow that through then there could be a lot of young people who are unaware that they could have an undiagnosed condition that would make them vulnerable.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 25th Mar

It is also extremely premature and typical of today's media who want …It is also extremely premature and typical of today's media who want screaming HEADLINES.They could be sensible and wait for the post mortem results (which is a requirement in law for unexplained deaths which this is. Apologies to those who dislike the topic). Instead, the media have chosen to sensationalise it. Please remember that when you read the news. It is no longer NEWS. It consists of SCOOPS, EXCLUSIVES and the like. No 2nd source. No reputable source. Just gossip interspersed with genuine facts The BBC have long ago abandoned independence, impartiality and high standardsLife may have been boring before 24 hour news but perhaps boring is better than worry

THIS, THIS, and thrice THIS.

I really feel the media has made this more scary and sensationalist than it should have been. They could have led the world with their journalism by running true informed pieces backed up my medical analysis and helped the people of this country through these tough times. But no, as is always the case, its just gutter trash sat at a desk trawling social media for stories to fatten up and churn out as click bait tosh.

On a serious note, I genuinely think once this is over the total death numbers will drop once official autopsies have been done and true cause of deaths are found and medical records are updated.
ArcadeAssassin25/03/2020 20:01

THIS, THIS, and thrice THIS. I really feel the media has made this more …THIS, THIS, and thrice THIS. I really feel the media has made this more scary and sensationalist than it should have been. They could have led the world with their journalism by running true informed pieces backed up my medical analysis and helped the people of this country through these tough times. But no, as is always the case, its just gutter trash sat at a desk trawling social media for stories to fatten up and churn out as click bait tosh. On a serious note, I genuinely think once this is over the total death numbers will drop once official autopsies have been done and true cause of deaths are found and medical records are updated.

Hey-people gotta put food on the table. The sooner people realise this, the sooner society will wake up to reality and discuss/resolve real issues.

It is also extremely premature and typical of today's media who want …It is also extremely premature and typical of today's media who want screaming HEADLINES.

LOL you think the BBC wanted to run this story? After downplaying EVERY DEATH so far on Govt orders?

Think again. This is the BBC not The Daily Star.

You think bodies are being autopsied at this time? You normies are beyond help.
tfish25/03/2020 20:40

You think bodies are being autopsied at this time?

Yes, pathologists are still doing their jobs
According to the age band death rates on their sample of the first 72k confirmed cases, China has 0.2% death or 7 deaths in 3619 confirmed cases for 20-29 year old band (in China).

In UK, there are so far 8,200 cases, therefore the expected death is 0.8 person using the same ratios, i.e. one death is in the right ball park. About one death in this age band for every 4,000 confirmed cases, if using the Chinese statistics. However, it is emerging that younger people die more in Italy and USA than those in China.
This 'News' along with a few others was lifted straight from Facebook. Even the BBC isn't checking facts anymore. I find it strange just how many stories about deaths of young fit people appeared around the time of the lock down. I was in the US last week and the same thing happened after the pictures of the spring breakers in Miami.
Edited by: "Azwipe" 25th Mar
tfish25/03/2020 20:40

LOL you think the BBC wanted to run this story? After downplaying EVERY …LOL you think the BBC wanted to run this story? After downplaying EVERY DEATH so far on Govt orders?Think again. This is the BBC not The Daily Star.You think bodies are being autopsied at this time? You normies are beyond help.

Down playing? They are trying to scare everyone to keep them from going out. I've read at least three stories about young healthy people that aren't backed with facts.
ArcadeAssassin25/03/2020 20:01

THIS, THIS, and thrice THIS. I really feel the media has made this more …THIS, THIS, and thrice THIS. I really feel the media has made this more scary and sensationalist than it should have been. They could have led the world with their journalism by running true informed pieces backed up my medical analysis and helped the people of this country through these tough times. But no, as is always the case, its just gutter trash sat at a desk trawling social media for stories to fatten up and churn out as click bait tosh. On a serious note, I genuinely think once this is over the total death numbers will drop once official autopsies have been done and true cause of deaths are found and medical records are updated.

Germany is already showing the true fatality rate, lower than 0.5%.
According to the Mirror she was mildly asthmatic. Would it be too much for News outlets to do a bit research? This story has gone around the world yet no one has verified anything.
What some do is unfortunate and sad. But to post on someone who to my knowledge has no media profile and to imply they have died because of their lifestyle is unnecessary in my opinion. She has relations and family. To imply that someone is this or that from a photograph is, in these circumstances unnecessary, the poor girl is someone's child.
Edited by: "compadre" 25th Mar
splender25/03/2020 21:20

According to the age band death rates on their sample of the first 72k …According to the age band death rates on their sample of the first 72k confirmed cases, China has 0.2% death or 7 deaths in 3619 confirmed cases for 20-29 year old band (in China).In UK, there are so far 8,200 cases, therefore the expected death is 0.8 person using the same ratios, i.e. one death is in the right ball park. About one death in this age band for every 4,000 confirmed cases, if using the Chinese statistics. However, it is emerging that younger people die more in Italy and USA than those in China.

That's right. What most who scoff at it don't realise is Virus code is from the same building blocks as our genetics. It's the reason why "Virus" is used in computer terminology, it has to be written in the language of the program to corrupt it.

You could be perfect health but one of the statistical few that are genetically perfect for the virus to kill you. Since it's new they don't know what the statistical percentile of how well it can attach and attack the human body.
People should be cautious with these stories, neither the death nor cause has been confirmed by health officials.
Azwipe25/03/2020 22:30

Down playing? They are trying to scare everyone to keep them from going …Down playing? They are trying to scare everyone to keep them from going out. I've read at least three stories about young healthy people that aren't backed with facts.

If you believe this you haven't been paying attention.
Azwipe25/03/2020 22:30

Down playing? They are trying to scare everyone to keep them from going …Down playing? They are trying to scare everyone to keep them from going out.

There's already a law for that my good man...
Some families are speaking out so other people don't end up another statistic.

Afraid a number of youngsters think they are invincible / cavalier attitude with their antics. (Fairly recently they were at pubs n clubs with covid-19 in the news)
ChuckTheDuck26/03/2020 03:00

Some families are speaking out so other people don't end up another …Some families are speaking out so other people don't end up another statistic. Afraid a number of youngsters think they are invincible / cavalier attitude with their antics. (Fairly recently they were at pubs n clubs with covid-19 in the news)

latest news is that the Uk got it from a Skii resort in Austria back in January. It's likely that huge numbers of people have carried withotu knowing.
Edited by: "parabolica" 26th Mar
tfish26/03/2020 02:42

Oh dear. You're a horrible human.

Takes one to know one... Eh
Edited by: "Jenny_Star15" 26th Mar
tfish26/03/2020 02:40

Rubbish.

Use your common sense here pal.
To study the effects of this virus, autopsys need to be performed. It gives a invaluable insight into prevention and cure. Especially in cases like the one in this topic.
theserpent26/03/2020 10:08

Use your common sense here pal. To study the effects of this virus, …Use your common sense here pal. To study the effects of this virus, autopsys need to be performed. It gives a invaluable insight into prevention and cure. Especially in cases like the one in this topic.

Oh be careful, tfish doesn't like it when you disagree... They just reported my comments because I pointed out the logical fallacies in their "Argument".
Looks like this could have been fake news according to comments on the mother and sisters facebook page, they also started up 3 fundraisers. People should only pay attention to verified 'news', if it hasn't been confirmed by health officials ignore it.
theserpent26/03/2020 10:08

Use your common sense here pal. To study the effects of this virus, …Use your common sense here pal. To study the effects of this virus, autopsys need to be performed. It gives a invaluable insight into prevention and cure. Especially in cases like the one in this topic.

LOL! Of course SOME are being carried out. Jesus...
tfish27/03/2020 19:01

LOL! Of course SOME are being carried out. Jesus...

I was going to suggest you recap the conversation but get the feeling I’d end up in circles
theserpent27/03/2020 19:25

I was going to suggest you recap the conversation but get the feeling I’d e …I was going to suggest you recap the conversation but get the feeling I’d end up in circles

That happens when you dont have a solid argument.
It's been confirmed the the young lady sadly suffered a heart attack and wasn't infected the CV19.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants