Groups
    EXPIRED

BBC News: Staples brand to disappear from UK High Streets

Banned
    such a shame. staples to go

11 Comments

think when they did the mass closure a couple of years ago, the writing was on the wall.

Not sure why people get sad about shops closing. If they were relevant more people would use them and they wouldn't need to close.

g8spur

Not sure why people get sad about shops closing. If they were relevant … Not sure why people get sad about shops closing. If they were relevant more people would use them and they wouldn't need to close.

The only shops I'm nostalgic about are the independent stores that these chains put out of business.

urggh left with just pcworld for networking stuff ;(. I liked the computer stuff they did but a lot of the time just over priced.

Big chains just cant compete with the likes of amazon and net prices be none soon. Mad how pcworld keeps on going as well.

And yet WHSmiths survives.

Original Poster Banned

stuarthanley

And yet WHSmiths survives.

​that's true.
    staples are ok for office supplies which you can't buy else where.
    plus at Christmas they have always reduced their gifts

More empty shops and more people out of a job.

Was this News taped ?

Been using Staples for office supplies for years and got my office chair there which finally needs replacing.
    They had some good sales and offers over the years and will be missed.

g8spur

Not sure why people get sad about shops closing. If they were relevant … Not sure why people get sad about shops closing. If they were relevant more people would use them and they wouldn't need to close.

​Perhaps the people that work there have every right to be sad?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4472089
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35186
      3. Samsung Note 8812
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread418214170

See more discussions