Groups

BBC Radio 1 New Dance Slots !!

Does anyone like the new slot change on Radio 1 on a Friday and Saturday?:x :x

I cant believe what they have done !!! they have moved every dance slot (judge jules, dave pearce etc) onto a friday....Judge Jules is on at 1-3am on a Fri night. I cant believe what they have done, its the all new "bring in urban culture" on a saturday. Im all up for different kinds of music etc but i used to love getting ready on a saturday night with the sounds of Judge Jules thumping out the speakers when im splashing on my Cool Water, then on a sunday hangover the Dave pearce would lift you back up again.

3 Comments

What's Radio 1??? Stopped listening to that years ago. Is it still on. :giggle:

saxo_appeal

Does anyone like the new slot change on Radio 1 on a Friday and … Does anyone like the new slot change on Radio 1 on a Friday and Saturday?:x :x I cant believe what they have done !!! they have moved every dance slot (judge jules, dave pearce etc) onto a friday....Judge Jules is on at 1-3am on a Fri night. I cant believe what they have done, its the all new "bring in urban culture" on a saturday. Im all up for different kinds of music etc but i used to love getting ready on a saturday night with the sounds of Judge Jules thumping out the speakers when im splashing on my Cool Water, then on a sunday hangover the Dave pearce would lift you back up again.

I to am most miffed about this change, but..... I did have an idea as to how they could justify their reasoning.
    If you like dance music (house, electro, tech etc) such as myself, you normally go out on a Saturday, yes?
    So they obviously thought "Hey, all these people are going out on Saturdays and are missing the show, let's move all the dance stuff to a Friday...so that they can listen to Radio 1 all the way through on the night they stay in!" obviously a dumb idea, but maybe what a "clever" BBC exec would think???

Meh, just my 2 pence worth
    Just put Annie mac back on at 10 pm, 9pm is WAY to early for the mash-up :):)

Mike..

Never been the same since Dave Cash and Kenny Everett left. (Bless their souls)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions