BBC Sports Personality 2019

Posted 15th Dec 2019
How come Lewis already had the runners up trophy at his home, presenter by his dad Anthony? Surely the votes were on the night? Maybe a reason he wasn’t there as he knew he didn’t win it?!?
All very strange.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

17 Comments
Once he had been nominated for Sports Personality Of The Year but realised he wouldn't have been able to be in the country on the night because of the date it's possible that the BBC could have arranged to bring both the winners and runner up trophy to his house and have him record an acceptance video for each one on the chance that he might have won one of them.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 15th Dec 2019
They have replicas for the people not in attendance in case they win. Happened on a few occasions. I remember Andy Murray and Mo Farah getting one and not being in the studio and you could see the tape holding it together on Andy Murrays
Tin foil hat time
Then give the prize to a thug
Lineker announced the winner 20 mins in, nonsense show and far more worthy winners out there
Bandicoot16/12/2019 10:42

Lineker announced the winner 20 mins in, nonsense show and far more worthy …Lineker announced the winner 20 mins in, nonsense show and far more worthy winners out there

Just out of curiosity, who? I only know that Stokes gave me 2 of my all-time 'sporting highlights' in the space of a couple of weeks.
Haircut_10015/12/2019 23:13

Once he had been nominated for Sports Personality Of The Year but realised …Once he had been nominated for Sports Personality Of The Year but realised he wouldn't have been able to be in the country on the night because of the date it's possible that the BBC could have arranged to bring both the winners and runner up trophy to his house and have him record an acceptance video for each one on the chance that he might have won one of them.

I think you're wasting your time with a lot of the tin foil hat brigade. You've used perfectly logical reasoning, but there will no doubts be people still claiming it was fixed. Twitter etc. is full of it at the moment!
deeky16/12/2019 10:44

Just out of curiosity, who? I only know that Stokes gave me 2 of my …Just out of curiosity, who? I only know that Stokes gave me 2 of my all-time 'sporting highlights' in the space of a couple of weeks.

How Jonathan Rea hasn’t got that award over the last couple of years is beyond comprehension really. Unheard of achievements in the sporting world
Diggsy16/12/2019 14:07

How Jonathan Rea hasn’t got that award over the last couple of years is b …How Jonathan Rea hasn’t got that award over the last couple of years is beyond comprehension really. Unheard of achievements in the sporting world

That's probably why. Nobody knows him or anything about him.
deeky16/12/2019 10:44

Just out of curiosity, who? I only know that Stokes gave me 2 of my …Just out of curiosity, who? I only know that Stokes gave me 2 of my all-time 'sporting highlights' in the space of a couple of weeks.

Same here. And I'm not even bothered about cricket.
Diggsy16/12/2019 14:07

How Jonathan Rea hasn’t got that award over the last couple of years is b …How Jonathan Rea hasn’t got that award over the last couple of years is beyond comprehension really. Unheard of achievements in the sporting world

Unheard of indeed. I've never heard of him,
chocci17/12/2019 04:09

Unheard of indeed. I've never heard of him,

Depends on the popularity of the sport it seems, rather than the achievements of the individual concerned...
Diggsy17/12/2019 04:11

Depends on the popularity of the sport it seems, rather than the …Depends on the popularity of the sport it seems, rather than the achievements of the individual concerned...

Also, on the personality

If someone is generally unheard of, then they'll never win

Although, Ben stokes doesn't strike me as having much of a personality, especially after a few pints!
chocci17/12/2019 05:07

Also, on the personality If someone is generally unheard of, then …Also, on the personality If someone is generally unheard of, then they'll never winAlthough, Ben stokes doesn't strike me as having much of a personality, especially after a few pints!

Yeah, true enough, although I’m not sure many who have won in recent years have much personality, there’s been a few corkers!
Diggsy17/12/2019 05:15

Yeah, true enough, although I’m not sure many who have won in recent years …Yeah, true enough, although I’m not sure many who have won in recent years have much personality, there’s been a few corkers!

Andy Murray
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants