BBQ Gas question

Posted 27th May
Hi all, have recently been gifted this bbq - jtf.com/lan…tml but have no idea on which gas I need to use it.
Can someone please confirm? Where would be best priced to get one?
Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
You can run it on any bottled gas (Propane or Butane). Normally you would run it on Butane (standard blue Calor gas bottle). The first thing you will need is a correct regulator. Do you already has a gas bottle or will you need one of those as well? May be worth looking to see if Flo Gas have any deals or if you can get an empty gas bottle on Facebook. The biggest cost is normally the deposit on the bottle.
Hi, it says in the description its Propane. So you can use The Red Gas cylinders or the Green Patio Gas cylinders (both Propane)
Butane is normally in a Blue Cylinder. I have a similar Gas BBQ and i use the Green Patio Gas.
I have this BBQ. It's very adequate

The official answer is Patio Gas - with a clip-on style regulator. I believe almost all Patio Gas (?All) have this anyway. Patio Gas is just Propane Gas at a higher price. The issue with a lot of the larger 'Propane Gas' (which aren't sold as Patio Gas) cylinders is that it will not have the correct type of regulator that you want.

This is the sort of thing: shop.calor.co.uk/13k…tml
Come in around 5 to 15kg sizes.

Most local garden centres will stock them.
Some petrol stations will stock.

Generally it's more expensive unless you have an empty gas bottle that you can trade in.
Obviously after you use your first bottle, you will then have an empty gas bottle to trade in.

Find a retailer here:
calor.co.uk/gas…ers

I'd call your local garden centre - if open - and get a price.
Edited by: "Firefly1" 27th May
paul123edwards27/05/2020 15:18

You can run it on any bottled gas (Propane or Butane). Normally you would …You can run it on any bottled gas (Propane or Butane). Normally you would run it on Butane (standard blue Calor gas bottle). The first thing you will need is a correct regulator. Do you already has a gas bottle or will you need one of those as well? May be worth looking to see if Flo Gas have any deals or if you can get an empty gas bottle on Facebook. The biggest cost is normally the deposit on the bottle.

LadiesMan2I727/05/2020 15:19

Hi, it says in the description its Propane. So you can use The Red Gas …Hi, it says in the description its Propane. So you can use The Red Gas cylinders or the Green Patio Gas cylinders (both Propane)Butane is normally in a Blue Cylinder. I have a similar Gas BBQ and i use the Green Patio Gas.

Without wishing to hijack this thread....

I have a huge red propane bottle, with a screw on connector - from Flogas. Couple of years unused.

This BBQ has a clip-on style regulator.

Is it safe to replace the BBQ clip-on regulator (somehow) and use a circa 25kg of propane gas bottle for a 2 burner Gas BBQ? Or should I sell the gas bottle?
Edited by: "Firefly1" 27th May
Firefly127/05/2020 15:26

Without wishing to hijack this thread....I have a huge red propane bottle, …Without wishing to hijack this thread....I have a huge red propane bottle, with a screw on connector - from Flogas. Couple of years unused.This BBQ has a clip-on style regulator.Is it safe to replace the BBQ clip-on regulator (somehow) and use a circa 50kg of propane gas bottle for a 2 burner Gas BBQ? Or should I sell the gas bottle?

I personally wouldn't do it, though i did know someone who used those big red Propane bottles to run his BBQ and they were fine.
LadiesMan2I727/05/2020 15:32

I personally wouldn't do it, though i did know someone who used those big …I personally wouldn't do it, though i did know someone who used those big red Propane bottles to run his BBQ and they were fine.

I have always use the red propane bottles, don't know if they are opening soon but go outdoors with a member card are normally cheapest or a caravan sellers/mobile home seller
Use red on mine and just changed the regulator hose was clamped with a jubilee clip so easy swap
Firefly127/05/2020 15:26

Without wishing to hijack this thread....I have a huge red propane bottle, …Without wishing to hijack this thread....I have a huge red propane bottle, with a screw on connector - from Flogas. Couple of years unused.This BBQ has a clip-on style regulator.Is it safe to replace the BBQ clip-on regulator (somehow) and use a circa 25kg of propane gas bottle for a 2 burner Gas BBQ? Or should I sell the gas bottle?

Perfectly safe, I use a 47kg propane cylinder with screw on regulator with mines.
Edited by: "andynicol" 27th May
andynicol27/05/2020 21:34

Perfectly safe, I use a 47kg propane cylinder with screw on regulator with …Perfectly safe, I use a 47kg propane cylinder with screw on regulator with mines.

Would you buy this?
amazon.co.uk/CAL…MBT

Would I have a problem with too much flow to a 2 burner BBQ? I have literally the BBQ that the OP has

Thanks again.
Firefly127/05/2020 22:21

Would you buy …Would you buy this?https://www.amazon.co.uk/CALOR-GAS-Propane-Regulator-Warranty/dp/B07572MBTWould I have a problem with too much flow to a 2 burner BBQ? I have literally the BBQ that the OP has Thanks again.

Link doesn’t work...

Over the years I’ve used Butane, BBQ, Patio and Propane marked cylinders.

Never had a problem with any.

This is the regulator I use ;

40896744.jpg

I prefer the large 47kg Propane as I can use it for both BBQ and a heater.
Edited by: "andynicol" 28th May
Whip the cheap crappy Chinese regulator and none branded LPG hose off it and replace with better quality gas hose and a left hand thread propane screw on regulator.
Job done just connect up to standard propane gas (red cylinders) and off you go.
Lot better than paying over rated patio gas prices which is a fiddle to the unknown
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants