BBQ Recommendations

Posted 11th AprEdited by:"Frenchmeister"
Hi everyone!!

So, it's nearly that time of year again.. Time to look at buying a BBQ. Having only recently moved into a new place with our first garden, this too will be our first BBQ. I'm looking for something big enough for a family party - able to handle racks of ribs etc and, preferably, a BBQ that also smokes. I'm not really a fan of the round/'kettle' type BBQ's but if it's a good deal and does all of the above, I could be persuaded.
I have a budget of around £100.
Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
We have this one and love it, used it most nights last summer

wilko.com/en-…877

Gas bottles are expensive from new but if you look on ebay, gumtree etc you'll see people either giving them away for free or dirt cheap.
I recommend not getting one tbh. New house with garden is obviously the chance to get a flashy bbq, and the idea of being king of the grill is always speaking, but I’m sure a lot of ppl will agree that the novelty soon wears off and after a few beers at a party the cleanup never happens and it just becomes a chore.... then you don’t wanna cook on it coz it’s not been cleaned since last time... then it’s too dirty to by eaten off.....
My opinion based on my lazy experience tho
Webers are amazing but be out of your budget.
but worth investing tbh.
Ignore the negativity above, in the summer we have bbq dinner every weekend, it's easy and yummy.
Anyone recommend on a disposable BBQ?
Bullet198011/04/2019 20:02

I recommend not getting one tbh. New house with garden is obviously the …I recommend not getting one tbh. New house with garden is obviously the chance to get a flashy bbq, and the idea of being king of the grill is always speaking, but I’m sure a lot of ppl will agree that the novelty soon wears off and after a few beers at a party the cleanup never happens and it just becomes a chore.... then you don’t wanna cook on it coz it’s not been cleaned since last time... then it’s too dirty to by eaten off.....My opinion based on my lazy experience tho

You clean a BBQ after you used it? Please don't tell me you clean your griddle pan as well?
Edited by: "mtsk" 11th Apr
mtsk17 m ago

You clean a BBQ after you used it? Please don't tell me you clean your …You clean a BBQ after you used it? Please don't tell me you clean your griddle pan as well?

Good god no! My cast iron Griddle pan if off limits to anyone other than me! It gets seasoned properly when needed, apart from that it’s treated like a national treasure!!!!
I’m almost offended by the insinuation that a steak cooking vestibule would be subject to such sacrilege by my hand!!!! 😡
Stretch your budget to a Weber. Your BBQ season will be all year round. We've had a Boxing Day feast on one.....
Edited by: "windym" 11th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions