BBQ starter chimney

Posted 27th May
I’m fairly new to using a BBQ due to having a flat before. I have noticed a lot of people prefer to start by using a starter chimney.
Any recommendations on one that will last and of good quality?
Also, do you use this then add more charcoal once the starter gets going?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
I have a seriously cheap Tesco one that cost about £5 and the posh Weber one, no difference in the way they work, but the Weber ones is much better quality.

I do add more to the BBQ if needed, but the starter does the trick for me, but I do use real lumpwood charcoal and not briquettes.
What jetskichimp said...I have a Weber one but would buy a £5 Aldi version next time. It’s just a tube of metal.
Lumpwood charcoal all the way, I find restaurant grade Big K best. It burns forever and really hot so you don’t need to keep adding (necessarily).
Chimney starter is one of the best things I bought, BBQ game changing in my opinion.
40893824-pnCvS.jpg
Edited by: "AngelBomber" 27th May
I've had a cheap one (Wilko I think) for about 20 years now, works fine still.
My bbq is only small, so i only fill it about half way. Don't know what you do if your bbq takes more charcoal than your chimney - buy 2 I guess
Personally, I prefer briquettes as they burn uniformly and once you get used to them, I find them easier to maintain a steady heat.
Either way, stay away from instant charcoal unless you like the taste of parrafin or whatever they are soaked in.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants