Be careful, it is Gearbest

Found 2nd Sep 2017
I bought a mouse from Gearbest. The review score is 4.8/5.0. However, I received a bad quality and failed mouse. I reported to Gearbest immediately but did not receive any reply. I tried to leave a negative review but does not succeed. Now I understand why the review score is 4.8/5.0.
Community Updates
Misc
14 Comments
How much did you pay for the mouse ?
Ty do you have a link?
I gave up buying from them. The last couple of orders never arrived & the only response I get is confirm your address and check your post office. Customer servicenever moves past that. Small value items so just gave up talking to customer service and stopped using them.
Edited by: "Cenobite" 3rd Sep 2017
Some tips for buying from most Chinese based sites.

Most of them only ever show 4 or 5 star reviews, so if you want to leave a negative with 3 stars or less then don;t expect it to be published. Some people that have cottoned on to this though have left 4 star reviews but slating a product/service and they can often get published because as long as they have 4 or 5 stars then they don't bother to read the accompanying text.

First line of support through a websites issue/ticket raising service is often abysmal and they are trained to try to give you as little support as possible in the hope that you will just settle for the flimsiest excuse and settlement out of frustration. Remember that above and beyond everything else, they are primed for sales and do not play by any of the same rules and regulations that you would expect to find in the UK when it comes to faulty products and poor support.

Always pay via Paypal or similar payment system that allows you some form of unbiased protection so that in the event of a dispute the facts are more likely to be taken into consideration when it comes to refunds.

Always read their terms and conditions as they are no bound by our laws and often introduce terms that we would consider unacceptable if it were a UK vendor.

If an independent sales/support site has a rep attached, then whilst you go through the first line of support, go through the rep at the same time as they are more likely to resolve issues to your satisfaction and because they are attached to a particular site, they may well be paying for the privilege, so you have additional recourse when it comes to complaining to the site admins. Freaktab.com has such a rep for tech stuff from a few Chinese vendors, as well as forum areas for you publicly post order/product issues, so worth opening a free account to give you some additional leverage. Gearbest were not long ago banned from advertising on Freaktab for a period because of the number of complaints received and they had to improve, which they did when they employed a new rep (Lin) who did a far better job than any other Gearbest employee has. Lin has left the company now and support has dropped a little as a result of this.

ALWAYS pay for shipping insurance when taking the free, snail mail delivery route and take any option that gives you a tracking number because it is easier to makes claims for non delivery.

When paying for expedited shipping through the likes of DHL, expect to have to pay customs charges (and on occasion with DHL a handling charge of £10) for any goods that fall into the category required to pay them. The snail mail route will less likely incur charges but it is not a guarantee and in the case of Royal Mail, they slap an additional £8 handling fee if customs do attach charges.

Expect very little in the way of official manufacturer support unless they have a known presence in terms of a website and some record of at least half decent support.

Firmware and OS updates are always patchy and some don't bother at all, so always research what it is you are buying if you are looking for something that you expect software updates for as quite often it is independent developers and enthusiasts who do it for the love of it that will often become your best best for improvements.

Which also means that some products, despite the advertising, will not perform all the functionality that the shiny adverts tell you, so expect a degree of disappointment out of the box, considering anything that meets your needs more of a bonus, rather than automatic right of expectation.

My own experience has, touch wood, with most orders been very good but sometimes you have to fight hard and get tough to obtain fair results and sometimes have to put some effort in to improve functionality of tech devices.

They are not necessarily the sites for the people that want to open a box and have something work pretty much as they expect from day one, even though some actually do.
Dear Lejun,

Could you please kindly send me your order number for re-checking ?
Hopefully, i am able to help you

Gearbest Store Rep.Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
Gearbest139 m ago

Dear Lejun,Could you please kindly send me your order number for …Dear Lejun,Could you please kindly send me your order number for re-checking ? Hopefully, i am able to help you Gearbest Store Rep.AliceYou can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com

I think you will be lucky to get a reply, it looks like they joined hukd to have a go at gearbest then disappeared.
First thing to remember is don't buy from gearbest.
benjammin3165 h, 19 m ago

First thing to remember is don't buy from gearbest.

Personally had too much stuff off them to remember it all, only problem I had was with yodel delivering it. Alice, the rep sorted it out.
The only problem i ever had with gearbest is the return service is haaaard so if you get a faulty you need to fork the cost of shipping for a replacement and if you don't do that then they give you some credit. Apart from the above issue alls been great so far. I just touched wood.
Edited by: "abdi12346" 6th Sep 2017
About 10 weeks ago I have ordered from Gearbest a Blackview bv8000pro. I have send them an email to ask them what is the problem ( it appears shipped out from 10 weeks ago) And they told me to check my address and stuff. It's not the first time when I'm buying stuff from them with the same address and it wasn't a problem.... everything was ok. I have a shipping insurance on the phone. A week ago I have send them another 2 emails aaaaand nothing...soooo...yeaaahhh!!!
ivanraz_-105170123566462342 m ago

About 10 weeks ago I have ordered from Gearbest a Blackview bv8000pro. I …About 10 weeks ago I have ordered from Gearbest a Blackview bv8000pro. I have send them an email to ask them what is the problem ( it appears shipped out from 10 weeks ago) And they told me to check my address and stuff. It's not the first time when I'm buying stuff from them with the same address and it wasn't a problem.... everything was ok. I have a shipping insurance on the phone. A week ago I have send them another 2 emails aaaaand nothing...soooo...yeaaahhh!!!

Open paypal dispute and get your money back.
I bought a Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4G Phablet on December 20th, by the 31 January it had not arrived. I contacted GearBest support and they provided me with a tracking number that was not recognised by the Post Office. My package had simply disappeared. GearBest did not offer a full refund - only a refund of half the value of the item, stating that I should have purchased insurance to enable a full refund. This is not the case as non-arrival of an item is grounds for a full refund. I asked that they provide a full refund and they said the issue was referred to their manager but after 2 weeks they still have not replied. I am on the point of opening a credit dispute through paypal unless I hear anything back from them soon. I am very disappointed and other customers should beware.
Julianne_Ezra53 m ago

I bought a Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4G Phablet on December 20th, by the 31 January …I bought a Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4G Phablet on December 20th, by the 31 January it had not arrived. I contacted GearBest support and they provided me with a tracking number that was not recognised by the Post Office. My package had simply disappeared. GearBest did not offer a full refund - only a refund of half the value of the item, stating that I should have purchased insurance to enable a full refund. This is not the case as non-arrival of an item is grounds for a full refund. I asked that they provide a full refund and they said the issue was referred to their manager but after 2 weeks they still have not replied. I am on the point of opening a credit dispute through paypal unless I hear anything back from them soon. I am very disappointed and other customers should beware.

33278516-8fyjN.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants