Groups

Be clean, have manners and stop E. Coli

Banned
    Chap on the BBC this morning talking about the E. Coli outbreak and the fact that it nows looks like it's simply down to a lack of cleaning.

He went on to suggest studies show a clear pattern between manners and how clean you are. Those with manners tend to be cleaner.

Got me thinking about the likes of those on here (especially Misc) and how rife E. Coli could be.

Manners = banishing E.Coli (apparently)

31 Comments

He's speculating. Most outbreaks of E.coli are down to contamination.

On news just now, E.coli found on Taliban donkey meat.

Original Poster Banned

moob

He's speculating. Most outbreaks of E.coli are down to contamination.

Not according to this chap - he made a big point about people not washing their hands. And banged on about this manners/cleanliness connection.

BBC just said that the E.Coli sowce has now been tracked to [insert random food item here]

People who claim benefits probably have E. coli

Gotta love eating after you've been scratching your bum. Who washes their hands?

Original Poster Banned

dtovey89

People who claim benefits probably have E. coli

Yeah, that's what I thought. I saw a couple the morning that looked to be full of E. Coli.

by people on benefits, you mean Spanish farmers?

Original Poster Banned

splatsplatsplat

by people on benefits, you mean Spanish farmers?

More like these E. Coli ridden morons

JonnyTwoToes

More like these E. Coli ridden morons

How did I know they would be on some sort of DLA and carers allowance! Why is it that all these dole blaggers always seem to be on DLA too!! My god i struggle sometimes with 3 kids ( Which me and DH work to fund for them ) Could never imagine 10 kids oO

Ummm Manners = cleanliness I think could be true too. You look at some of these families, They have no manners or consideration for others and their clothes are filthy. Maybe they are spreading the E-coli!
    Edited by: "beth3735" 7th Jun 2011

Original Poster Banned

beth3735

How did I know they would be on some sort of DLA and carers allowance! … How did I know they would be on some sort of DLA and carers allowance! Why is it that all these dole blaggers always seem to be on DLA too!! My god i struggle sometimes with 3 kids ( Which me and DH work to fund for them ) Could never imagine 10 kids oOUmmm Manners = cleanliness I think could be true too. You look at some of these families, They have no manners or consideration for others and their clothes are filthy. Maybe they are spreading the E-coli!

Will you marry me?

JonnyTwoToes

Will you marry me?

haha you will lose your single parent benefit then!

Original Poster Banned

beth3735

haha you will lose your single parent benefit then!

Need a kid for that don't you?

Original Poster Banned

Whilst you think about my marriage proposal, and back on topic, it does seem a very sweeping statement to say those on benefits are less clean (and have less manners) and therefore breed E. Coli....... but I think it's got some legs.

Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 7th Jun 2011

Banned

Isn't it the case these bacteria have become so harmful due to being too clean?

Original Poster Banned

master_chief

Isn't it the case these bacteria have become so harmful due to being too … Isn't it the case these bacteria have become so harmful due to being too clean?

No.

Original Poster Banned

But I get your point. I don't take any tablets/medication etc when others pour it down them - simply because I believe we're upping the anti when we do so. You become super human, nature will find a way to issue a super human bug - one better than your last supply of antibiotics.

In the case of spreading E.Coli, it is more about the amount of grease benefit cheats have in their hair.

master_chief

Isn't it the case these bacteria have become so harmful due to being too … Isn't it the case these bacteria have become so harmful due to being too clean?

master_chief

everydayhealth.com/pub…591
    everydayhealth.com/all…spx

Reuters just announced the E.coli has been traced back to a painting of a horse.

Original Poster Banned

dontasciime

http://www.everydayhealth.com/publicsite/news/view.aspx?id=646591http://www.everydayhealth.com/allergies/experts-can-home-be-too-clean.aspx

Nice links - shame they are not relevant to this thread.

JonnyTwoToes

Nice links - shame they are not relevant to this thread.

Thanks

They are somewhat relevant though. Saying as Master_Chief mentioned something about Bacteria and things being too clean meaning bacteria were becoming more harmful

I would think the headline being

Too Much Hygiene May Affect Immune System, Study Suggests

would be the biggest clue to any relevancy saying as your immune system being affected is a pretty big downside of being too clean.
    Edited by: "dontasciime" 7th Jun 2011

Original Poster Banned

dontasciime

ThanksThey are somewhat relevant though. Saying as Master_Chief mentioned … ThanksThey are somewhat relevant though. Saying as Master_Chief mentioned something about Bacteria and things being too clean meaning bacteria was becoming more harmfulI would think the headline being would be the biggest clue to any relevancy saying as your immune system being affected is a pretty big downside of being too clean.

You're talking about anti bacterial soaps and BPA's effecting bacteria. I'm talking about lack of hygiene/manners effecting E.Coli.
    Depends which one this thread mentions in the OP I guess........

E.coli has now been found in Dispys sock according to cbeebies news.

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

No.

Yes.

Original Poster Banned

master_chief

Yes.

No. Studies show antibacterial soaps and BPAs can lower immune systems. Nothing to do with the power of a bacteria.

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

No. Studies show antibacterial soaps and BPAs can lower immune systems. … No. Studies show antibacterial soaps and BPAs can lower immune systems. Nothing to do with the power of a bacteria.

Yes.

Original Poster Banned

master_chief

Yes.

Do you want me to play the Yes/No game with you? Is that it?

Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 7th Jun 2011

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

Do you want me to play the Yes/No game with you? Is that it?

Yes.

Would have been funnier to say no MC

Banned

dontasciime

Would have been funnier to say no MC

But I do want to play it. I can't lie.

Banned

Go to sleep with itchy bum wake up with smelly finger!

this is how e.coli is spread amongst the privileged
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX67
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3871520
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2240
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17436163

See more discussions