Found 13th Nov 2008
I just got an xbox elite from them, priced at full price. The box had already been opened but I let that go. But then I found that there was already demo's and game saves on the hard drive! The pad was also squeaky, althought I can't tell if that was just unlucky defect or through use.

If you are going to get something from gamestation, I would be wary of what you buy.

11 Comments

absolutly dodgy i wouldnt touch them with a barge pole there management dont seem to care ive seen them before in branches locally to me opening new machines using them for store purposes and then re-package and sell them on at a later date as new.

also how they handle the stock as well is appalling.

Original Poster

Yeah it's appauling. I'm taking it back now to see what they say, i'm also going to try squeeze something out of them for making me spend money to get back down there. I will post which store this was when i'm finished.

Original Poster

Has anyone else had anything similar with gamestation?

i would take it back since it was opened, however they all come with some demos / games on them dont they?

Mine was brand new and sealed and had a few demos loaded on already.

They are awful! and have the morale attitude of a thief!

Last year my brother was broken into and his playstation and xbox stolen along with about 15 games. At the time his friend worked at gamestation, when my brother told him about the break in he said someone bought that exact lot into us the other day and we bought it off him.

Luckily my brother had the serial number from the xbox and so he went into gamestation with it. Surely enough the serial numbers were the same. Gamestation were forced by the police to hand over the details of the person they had bought off.

The police took the xbox as evidence and eventually gave it back to my brother but gamestation refused to give up the playstation or any of the games as they said they had paid good money for them. Cheeky sods offered to sell it back to my brother!!!

To add insult to injury the bloke who'd taken them to gamestation in the first place and lived 2 doors away from the house that was burgled only got done for handling stolen goods as the police couldn't prove that he broke in.
He was left to roam free even though he had only just come out of prison, he then stole a pair of my brothers jeans off the washing line, accidently set his own council house on fire and knocked on my brothers front door asking for help, and wait for this...... wearing the stolen bloody jeans!!!

After a few months the council rehoused him after lots of complaints from my brother, who owned his house, it was not council.

caz1cool;3452037

They are awful! and have the morale attitude of a thief!Last year my … They are awful! and have the morale attitude of a thief!Last year my brother was broken into and his playstation and xbox stolen along with about 15 games. At the time his friend worked at gamestation, when my brother told him about the break in he said someone bought that exact lot into us the other day and we bought it off him.Luckily my brother had the serial number from the xbox and so he went into gamestation with it. Surely enough the serial numbers were the same. Gamestation were forced by the police to hand over the details of the person they had bought off.The police took the xbox as evidence and eventually gave it back to my brother but gamestation refused to give up the playstation or any of the games as they said they had paid good money for them. Cheeky sods offered to sell it back to my brother!!!To add insult to injury the bloke who'd taken them to gamestation in the first place and lived 2 doors away from the house that was burgled only got done for handling stolen goods as the police couldn't prove that he broke in.He was left to roam free even though he had only just come out of prison, he then stole a pair of my brothers jeans off the washing line, accidently set his own council house on fire and knocked on my brothers front door asking for help, and wait for this...... wearing the stolen bloody jeans!!!After a few months the council rehoused him after lots of complaints from my brother, who owned his house, it was not council.

Is that it? :whistling:

Where abouts in brum are you ?

Original Poster

But other people's game saves?
Open box, which damaged corners? I doubt it.

smithyp1;3452084

Is that it? :whistling:Where abouts in brum are you ?

Lol, sorry went off on one there :oops:

Tamworth now although originally from Sutton

Original Poster

Oh and I forgot to mention 2 other gamer profiles on it.

oh with other peoples gamer profiles then yeah it has definitely been used, or at the very least they have swapped the hard drives for some reason.

I would take it back straight away and claim a bit of compensation for your wasted time and effort having to get it back to them when it is due to their stupidity and false advertising / selling.

Unbelievable the front of some people, hope your bro didn't help him & hope he ends up inside again & gets a good hiding in thier as well!

caz1cool;3452037

They are awful! and have the morale attitude of a thief!Last year my … They are awful! and have the morale attitude of a thief!Last year my brother was broken into and his playstation and xbox stolen along with about 15 games. At the time his friend worked at gamestation, when my brother told him about the break in he said someone bought that exact lot into us the other day and we bought it off him.Luckily my brother had the serial number from the xbox and so he went into gamestation with it. Surely enough the serial numbers were the same. Gamestation were forced by the police to hand over the details of the person they had bought off.The police took the xbox as evidence and eventually gave it back to my brother but gamestation refused to give up the playstation or any of the games as they said they had paid good money for them. Cheeky sods offered to sell it back to my brother!!!To add insult to injury the bloke who'd taken them to gamestation in the first place and lived 2 doors away from the house that was burgled only got done for handling stolen goods as the police couldn't prove that he broke in.He was left to roam free even though he had only just come out of prison, he then stole a pair of my brothers jeans off the washing line, accidently set his own council house on fire and knocked on my brothers front door asking for help, and wait for this...... wearing the stolen bloody jeans!!!After a few months the council rehoused him after lots of complaints from my brother, who owned his house, it was not council.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66709
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions