Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Be the first to get your hands on the new Huawei Watch GT 2 at the world's first Dive Thru kiosk

Posted 18th Oct
Quite a wacky PR stunt but I thought worth posting for anyone who fancies a dip for a free watch.

**Disclaimer** I am not liable for any diseases you may obtain through taking said dip.

Blurb from the site:
Thousands of pounds worth of brand-new Huawei Watch GT 2s have been submerged under water and are up for grabs for swimmers at the first Dive Thru kiosk

Huawei, alongside British Olympian, Greg Rutherford MBE, has unveiled its next generation smartwatch, the HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 with the world’s first ‘Dive-Thru’ pop-up. Situated in the Royal Victoria Dock, London, on Saturday 19th October, the semi-submersible structure, complete with kiosk attendant, will house thousands of pounds worth of Huawei’s latest tech. To mark the launch of these next generation smartwatches, a limited number of you can get your hands on one for free – provided you are prepared to follow in the footsteps of Greg Rutherford and take a dip.

Measuring at 2.6m tall and 2m wide, half of the innovative ‘Dive Thru’ kiosk is submerged underwater and can dispense your chosen smartwatch into a collection point situated 1m under water. Just like a fast-food chain drive-thru, customers come to the kiosk, make their order, go through and collect. The Huawei Watch GT 2 Dive-Thru will see the traditional car park replaced with open water and ‘driving through’ replaced with ‘diving through’. You can take on the Dive Thru challenge - to dive into the water, swim up to the ’Dive-Thru’ to place your order, then collect your brand-new Huawei Watch GT 2 from a specially created under water hatch.

WHEN: Saturday 19th October 2019. 12pm – 4pm

There are only a limited number of watches are available so get down early to avoid disappointment. Terms and conditions also apply.

WHERE: Royal Victoria Dock, London

The Huawei Watch GT 2 is completely water-proof and packed full of a plethora of sports data monitoring features making it the perfect accompaniment to sports enthusiast and open water swimmers alike. In the sports mode, the HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 is compatible with 15 sports, including eight outdoor sports (running, walking, climbing, hiking, trail running, cycling, open water swimming, triathlon) and seven indoor sports (walking, running, cycling, swimming, free training, elliptical machine, rowing machine). For these 15 sports modes, the watch provides full-scale monitoring of approximately 190 types of data – meaning you can be your own personal trainer. Plus, with a battery that lasts two weeks, the Huawei Watch GT 2 will keep up with you, however active you are*.

HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 is available in a range of colours, priced from £199 and is available now from stockists including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis & Partners, Shop Direct and Carphone Warehouse**.

* The battery on the 46mm range will last up to 2 weeks. The battery on the 42mm range will last up to 1 week. Battery life may vary depending on usage

**Availability may vary by regions.
Community Updates

Groups

4 Comments
Fascinating, let's get the trunks ready if freebies on offer, heat for effort OP
xavierluther18/10/2019 15:37

Fascinating, let's get the trunks ready if freebies on offer, heat for …Fascinating, let's get the trunks ready if freebies on offer, heat for effort OP

I think I would be using my wetsuit if I was actually giving this a go in October!
only 35 available.
Video of the event: youtube.com/wat…QUI

Apparently, swimsuits and changing areas are available for free at the event so no need to bring anything
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants