Groups

Be wary ... Dodgy scams - now coming through the letterbox

Just thought I would share a (recent) phonomenon of the dodgy nigerian/chinese sourced scams which usually come to your email inbox are now being sent in a hardcopy to your door, just received two letters addressed to a previous OAP (not sure if thats the intended target type?) resident.

Letter reads 'I have asking a friend who go to United Kingdom to post this letter on my behalf , due to the fact that our appointed Heir Tracers have reached a dead end on the matter. I am get in touchwith you regard the estate of a deceased client...He infor us he have a financial portfolio of $17.370 million United States Dollars etc. etc

16 Comments

Banned

OP if you're not going to cash in on this great opportunity then pass the details onto me. I could do with a boost to my bank balance.

Muchos appreciated.

Original Poster

maxim24

OP if you're not going to cash in on this great opportunity then pass the … OP if you're not going to cash in on this great opportunity then pass the details onto me. I could do with a boost to my bank balance. Muchos appreciated.

You can have half, for sure.
    Edited by: "davewave" 1st Dec 2014

This has been going on for a long time too. We used to get them at work addressed to the owners from "wealthy Chinese Businessmen's estates". This was some 4 years ago or so.
    Edited by: "RossD89" 1st Dec 2014

Original Poster

RossD89

This has been going on for a long time too. We used to get them at work … This has been going on for a long time too. We used to get them at work addressed to the owners from "wealthy Chinese Businessmen's estates".

Didn't know that, they are addressed with just the email address, I am sure some desperate or vulnerable people could be taken in.

before the internet they were always delivered by snail mail then they went to fax
    these scams date back to middle ages at least
    email just made it cheaper to do in bulk
    Edited by: "mattmerch" 1st Dec 2014

How much, wow! İ'm in!oO

You opened someone else's mail?

Banned

has been happening for well over ten or so years now. hardly a 'recent' phenomenon

davelfc

lol, I was thinking that.

financial portfolio of $17.370 million

They would stand more chance by saying something like $13,000.... works for me oO

Original Poster

davelfc

The lady had died so honestly don't feel too bad.

Another mail scam is parcel delivery note left through your door... PDS,

You ring the number, Scam ! £315.00 billed to your phone.

actionfraud.police.uk/hoa…v12

Original Poster

logie31

Another mail scam is parcel delivery note left through your door... … Another mail scam is parcel delivery note left through your door... PDS,You ring the number, Scam ! £315.00 billed to your phone.http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/hoax-email-from-pds-parcel-delivery-service-nov12

That is really shocking, wow! Thanks for sharing

davewave

The lady had died so honestly don't feel too bad.

Did you just step over her or call an ambulance?

Original Poster

transit

Did you just step over her or call an ambulance?

Noooooo, her heirs sold me the property after she had passed away.

davewave

Noooooo, her heirs sold me the property after she had passed away.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WS7KuulfHJM/UDtOcuM5ygI/AAAAAAAAa24/9td3R3bFZx4/s1600/animated-peanut+%25281%2529.gif
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions