Groups

Be Wary When buying Slumdog Millionaire.

Was in tesco today and it almost caught me out. The Slumdog DVD is a blue case (identical to the bluray colour of case). Not sure why they made it like that. I thought it was the bluray originally and with it priced at £9.99, it looked like a bargain.

Pointless post, but just keep it in mind if you were planning on buying it, that it looks similar to a bluray.

33 Comments

Without being funny. Did you not check whether it said blu-ray, I mean your in the most expensive supermarket in the country, I bet it was over £15 in there for the blu-ray version. :thumbsup:

Cover scans..one says Blu-Ray, the other doesn't. Quite hard to miss though, verys subtle.
    http://images.play.com/covers/9540838x.jpghttp://images.play.com/covers/9540852x.jpg

Original Poster

Exactly. I wasnt in the dvd/cd section though. This was just at checkout where they have the "its here, why not just pick it up"

I once made the same mistake when i went shopping for some apples...i ended up coming out with oranges....oh silly me

akme;5369624

I once made the same mistake when i went shopping for some apples...i … I once made the same mistake when i went shopping for some apples...i ended up coming out with oranges....oh silly me

happens all the time. post it on here next time :thumbsup:

Pointless post

.... but i love them!! x

Banned

stop me if I'm wrong.... but DVD cases and Blu-Ray cases are completely different??

Be Wary

of how to spell weary

This thread has changed the world.

magicbeans;5371342

of how to spell weary

You too :thumbsup:.
    # marked by keen caution and watchful prudence; "they were waryin their movements"; "a wary glance at the black clouds"; "taught to be wary of ...

In all fairness the op was trying to help regardless of his naivety. :thumbsup:

magicbeans;5371342

of how to spell weary

Pedantry fail - "wary" is right. "Wary" is when you're to look out for something, "weary" is when you're tired.

Banned

excellent serious stuff.. English lessons on line too .. brilliant... pedantic post

Goodness me , he was only givenn people a heads up.

dog_cop;5371452

[COLOR="Red"]e[/COLOR]xcellent serious stuff.[COLOR="Red"].[/COLOR] … [COLOR="Red"]e[/COLOR]xcellent serious stuff.[COLOR="Red"].[/COLOR] English lessons on line too .. brillian[COLOR="Red"]t[/COLOR]

And there's more red underscoring where that came from, you.

Banned

dxx;5371484

And there's more red underscoring where that came from, you.

excellent :thumbsup: I laugh in the face of teachers pet :w00t:

Banned

dxx;5371484

dog_cop: [COLOR=red]e[/COLOR]xcellent serious stuff.[COLOR=red].[/COLOR] … dog_cop: [COLOR=red]e[/COLOR]xcellent serious stuff.[COLOR=red].[/COLOR] English lessons on line too .. brillian[COLOR=purple][COLOR="Red"]t[/color] [/COLOR]And there's more red underscoring where that came from, you.

FAIL

Banned

ODB_69;5371826

FAIL

we love a trier, so what time is the English grammar lessons tonight :-D

Banned

dog_cop;5371850

we love a trier, so what time is the English grammar lessons tonight :-D

dunno...I was on about the font colour fail, cba with the spelling stuff...its the net ffs

Hey DC, hopes your well buddy :thumbsup: xxx

Banned

ODB_69;5371859

dunno...I was on about the font colour fail, cba with the spelling … dunno...I was on about the font colour fail, cba with the spelling stuff...its the net ffsHey DC, hopes your well buddy :thumbsup: xxx

ODB, I am good thanks chapper hows things at your end :thumbsup:

Banned

dog_cop;5371868

ODB, I am good thanks chapper hows things at your end :thumbsup:

alrite mate, all up in the air at the mo like, moved into a new place and quit my job, all looking good so far though. I'll be on a bit more for a while cause I'm gonna keep hitting deal requests up lol

hotukdeals.com/for…179

hotukdeals.com/for…010

Met-Cast;5371409

You too :thumbsup:.# marked by keen caution and watchful prudence; "they … You too :thumbsup:.# marked by keen caution and watchful prudence; "they were waryin their movements"; "a wary glance at the black clouds"; "taught to be wary of ...In all fairness the op was trying to help regardless of his naivety. :thumbsup:

dxx;5371433

Pedantry fail - "wary" is right. "Wary" is when you're to look out for … Pedantry fail - "wary" is right. "Wary" is when you're to look out for something, "weary" is when you're tired.

dog_cop;5371452

excellent serious stuff.. English lessons on line too .. brilliant... … excellent serious stuff.. English lessons on line too .. brilliant... pedantic post

dog_cop;5371850

we love a trier, so what time is the English grammar lessons tonight

wow. that was a big fail by me :oops: :oops:

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/12/13/633647902676388111-spellingnazis.jpg

Banned

ODB_69;5371886

alrite mate, all up in the air at the mo like, moved into a new place and … alrite mate, all up in the air at the mo like, moved into a new place and quit my job, all looking good so far though. I'll be on a bit more for a while cause I'm gonna keep hitting deal requests up lolhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413179http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413010

ideal :thumbsup:.. and when you going to request for the pole dancers :w00t:

Banned

dog_cop;5371922

ideal :thumbsup:.. and when you going to request for the pole dancers … ideal :thumbsup:.. and when you going to request for the pole dancers :w00t:

as soon as its done...gimme a fortnight :w00t:

Banned

ODB_69;5371944

as soon as its done...gimme a fortnight :w00t:

but DONT buy any music of Boothy.. his taste is rubbish :w00t:

~What are you guys cracking on about lol.

Adam2050;5371978

dunno but i got shamed today :oops:

Banned

Adam2050;5371978

Boothy was selling some CD`s on the for sale ... god awfull cd`s :whistling:
    hotukdeals.com/ite…nes

Banned

magicbeans;5371997

good ... shame on you for shaming on here today

magicbeans;5371997

shammed by?

Original Poster

Smashing. Didnt realise people had replied to this. hahaha. Trust me, go in the shop and go look at the DVD's. It will catch you out, well, it wont now cause you read this topic, but hey ho, i do like a laugh, and keep the banter flowing!

Banned

ODB_69;5370061

stop me if I'm wrong.... but DVD cases and Blu-Ray cases are completely … stop me if I'm wrong.... but DVD cases and Blu-Ray cases are completely different??

again

dog_cop;5372007

good ... shame on you for shaming on here today

Adam2050;5372105

shammed by?

wow. im a retard.

adam i dissed OP's spelling of wary...when i shouldnt have.... it was pointed out about 6 times. rightfully.

the embarrassment continues for me today

ODB_69;5371826

FAIL

Deliberate. Out of sympathy.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020