Beach/Swimming Shoes

Found 1st Mar
We're off on holiday in a few weeks, and have been advised to take beach/swimming shoes with us, as there are a few things living in the sea there that will bite/sting should we tread on them. I'm struggling to find decent branded ones. Can anyone recommend any that won't fall to pieces before the end of the fortnight.
Cheers
Community Updates
AskSports & Fitness
10 Comments
Have you tried sports direct?
jeddie12 m ago

Have you tried sports direct?

There's plenty to choose from. We had some for our son last year from sports direct, but the sole was peeling off before the end the holiday, so I'm after recommendations for decent quality ones. Most appear to be cheaply made. There are some Cressi ones on Amazon, but sizes are scarce.
Decathlon have them and cheap enough to wear on the holidays and never again.
It’s not necessary what’s lurking in the water it’s more protection against the seabed, coral, rocks, stones etc. I would recommend triboard s a brand. Found these available at Decathlon that have Velcro straps which makes them a lot easier to get on/off when you have wet feet. Might be able to find cheaper elsewhere but just an example.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 1st Mar
Toptrumpet1 h, 1 m ago

It’s not necessary what’s lurking in the water it’s more protection again …It’s not necessary what’s lurking in the water it’s more protection against the seabed, coral, rocks, stones etc. I would recommend triboard s a brand. Found these available at Decathlon that have Velcro straps which makes them a lot easier to get on/off when you have wet feet. Might be able to find cheaper elsewhere but just an example.

Mostly, I'm worried about the Lion fish, which are apparently very common in Cuba these days. The advice on the forums seems to be to wear sea shoes as there are a few other things that bite and sting too.
RuudBullit12 m ago

Mostly, I'm worried about the Lion fish, which are apparently very common …Mostly, I'm worried about the Lion fish, which are apparently very common in Cuba these days. The advice on the forums seems to be to wear sea shoes as there are a few other things that bite and sting too.

Your more likely to brush against a Lionfish rather than stand on one tbh they are easy to spot and avoid, its the stone fish you want to watch out for.
I saw the after effects on a poor american guy who stood on one. I never heard a grown man scream like that before or since.

Try the O'Neil Reef shoes, they do the job for me, usually about £20-25.
eslick1 h, 16 m ago

Decathlon have them and cheap enough to wear on the holidays and never …Decathlon have them and cheap enough to wear on the holidays and never again.

I'm not interested in price.We had cheap ones last year, and they didn't see 2 weeks out. Being as things are hard to come by in Cuba, I'd rather pay for better quality than get caught short.
RuudBullit1 h, 2 m ago

I'm not interested in price.We had cheap ones last year, and they didn't …I'm not interested in price.We had cheap ones last year, and they didn't see 2 weeks out. Being as things are hard to come by in Cuba, I'd rather pay for better quality than get caught short.

Try a Dive/Scuba shop, they will stock the better brands.
I've got some Tusa reef walker that have lasted well. There's some on ebay and Google brings up some results.
I highly recommend Teva, I've had mine for about 7 years, they've survived the sea, rock pooling, hiking and 7 years of festivals and are still in perfect condition. Last spring I bought my children some 'shandals' from Mountain Warehouse which also survived 3 beach holidays in and out of the sea, 6 days at Glastonbury Festival and a whole summer of hiking and other abuse! They are also still going strong.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants