Beat the amazon minimum order amount for free delivery

Found 4th Feb 2014
Just saw another trick (https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/amazon-add-item-minimum-order-workaround-1815449), so I thought I'd share what I normally do. While ordering anything from amazon that does not fit the free delivery bill, add a pre-order of a game (amazon.co.uk/gp/…tml?ie=UTF8&docId=1000299573) or anything else that is not yet available to dispatch and bumps the order over the threshold.

Amazon will dispatch the item you want either the day you order, or the next day and charge you for only that item. Once that is done, just login to your amazon account and cancel the pre-order item. et voila... free delivery achieved. The advantage you get here (as opposed to the other post by i linked earlier) is that you get loads more time to cancel the pre-order item depending on how soon the pre-order item becomes available.
Community Updates
31 Comments
Maybe I'm missing something but this isn't new?
mclgannm

No...old stuff. Just refreshing the community's memory! The person may remember, but the people forget! :-)
Edited by: "gulz" 4th Feb 2014
I didn't know this so cheers
Thanks - I did'nt know to do this!
I wasn't aware of this so thanks very much
mclgannm

It's new to me. I must lead a sheltered life.
thanks I did not know this trick either
didnt know this either. thanks
nor me.
Many thanks for this, I just keep buying tat to take me over £10 min spend. (_;)
How many times can you do this though? Before they catch on?
thecleric

How many times can you do this though? Before they catch on?

as many times as they keep avoiding paying proper tax before HMRC catch on
We didn't know this either.

Thanks op.
Edited by: "Mark2111" 4th Feb 2014
Thanks for the heads up......
[quote=mclgannm]Maybe I'm missing something but this isn't new?[/quote

]

Many thanks for the reply. I was wondering if my memory was playing tricks on me. X.
kick_u_in_the_nuts

as many times as they keep avoiding paying proper tax before HMRC catch … as many times as they keep avoiding paying proper tax before HMRC catch on

I should imagine they pay a team of people quite a lot of money to ensure that happens. The same is probably not true for the people in this thread...
cheers, thanks for the advice.
New to me too. Thanks, heat added
I tried this but it seems Amazon wants to deliver everything at once and so I'd have to wait for the item I want now until the pre-order item was available; has this happened to anyone else?
Jumpingphil

You don't need it
ryanp1983

I tried this but it seems Amazon wants to deliver everything at once and … I tried this but it seems Amazon wants to deliver everything at once and so I'd have to wait for the item I want now until the pre-order item was available; has this happened to anyone else?

Just tried the trick with jack monroe's new book & some sharpies & its saying expected delivery date March 4th-6th
Jumpingphil

Well it's staying in that quiz thread of yours, you need to get out more

Says me X)
Thanks
ryanp1983

I tried this but it seems Amazon wants to deliver everything at once and … I tried this but it seems Amazon wants to deliver everything at once and so I'd have to wait for the item I want now until the pre-order item was available; has this happened to anyone else?

Yeah, normally it says "Group my items into as few deliveries as possible" and "Despatch my items separately" - but they charge extra for the latter.

But I just tried an under-£10 item with "Tom Clancy's The Division (PS4)" which doesn't even have a release date yet, and it said the under-£10 item would be here in 5 days. I guess in this case they can't hold onto the cheaper item if they don't know when the other one is even going to be delivered.
mclgannm

i didnt know this either, dont be rude
whelan189

i didnt know this either, dont be rude

I really don't know why you would say I'm rude. I merely sought clarification. You will note that a few comments later I thanked the OP for their response. I look forward to receiving your apology.
mclgannm

I really don't know why you would say I'm rude. I merely sought … I really don't know why you would say I'm rude. I merely sought clarification. You will note that a few comments later I thanked the OP for their response. I look forward to receiving your apology.

sorry, but alot of people on here can be very negative, and I thought you were one of those people who think there a mod, i apoligize;)
junk4

Yeah, normally it says "Group my items into as few deliveries as … Yeah, normally it says "Group my items into as few deliveries as possible" and "Despatch my items separately" - but they charge extra for the latter.But I just tried an under-£10 item with "Tom Clancy's The Division (PS4)" which doesn't even have a release date yet, and it said the under-£10 item would be here in 5 days. I guess in this case they can't hold onto the cheaper item if they don't know when the other one is even going to be delivered.

Thanks for the advice on the Tom Clancy game. I previously had my item plus one other with an estimated 28 March; with the game the date came too 19 Feb

Looks like this trick only works with a pre-order with no estimated arrival, like you said, they cannot deliver other items because of this.
Still working with Tom Clancy's The Division (PS4)
Amazon monitor this so be careful and only do it once
gulz

Try this for free delivery. Works … Try this for free delivery. Works well:http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/beat-amazon-minimum-order-amount-for-free-delivery-1815758

haha never thought of that, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants