beats solo 2 to work with android

Found 27th Dec 2015
Hi, does anyone know how to get the inline remote to work fully with an android phone, eg HTC one m8?
If it's not possible is there an adapter or something that will work?
Community Updates
AskAndroidBeats by Dre
3 Comments
Looks like no, not easily is the answer!

hi sorry beats dont work on android if you have the solo or studio headphones you have to purchase another audio cable it will not affect the audio quality in any way as for the non removable cable ones well the problem is in the hardware the controls are not designed for android the only way to make them compatible would be by a mod via hardware not software. i did it my self with my power beats i just replace the control talk with one from a compatible earphones from samsung ( they are universal ) its not that hard. all you need is a steady hand while soldering the components. im no genius and now i enjoy my beats whit iphone android whatever!! message me if you wan to do it your self i have detail pictures on how to do it and might do a thread later on .. maybe

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 27th Dec 2015
cecilmcroberts

Looks like no, not easily is the answer!hi sorry beats dont work on … Looks like no, not easily is the answer!hi sorry beats dont work on android if you have the solo or studio headphones you have to purchase another audio cable it will not affect the audio quality in any way as for the non removable cable ones well the problem is in the hardware the controls are not designed for android the only way to make them compatible would be by a mod via hardware not software. i did it my self with my power beats i just replace the control talk with one from a compatible earphones from samsung ( they are universal ) its not that hard. all you need is a steady hand while soldering the components. im no genius and now i enjoy my beats whit iphone android whatever!! message me if you wan to do it your self i have detail pictures on how to do it and might do a thread later on .. maybe

​I thought so. Managed to get an app the lets me configure the remote to some extent. Thanks anyway
I have tried many, many apps for this whilst using the sports beats with the little hooks around the ears. Basically they're all setup to use the Apple version of the "next / prev" function. I couldn't even get the apps to recognise when the buttons were being pressed as you can set some apps up to listen for the presses.

I would also vote no in this case. The only headphones I have ever been able to get to work properly are bluetooth and they use different function calls to change tracks.

You could potentially buy one of the bluetooth clips available on the market which will let you control the music separately to the headphones, and there's also a little device by Sony which lets you plug in any headphones and use a bluetooth link to remove the cable from the phone - if that has music controls then you're on for a winner.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants