Found 21st Oct 2007
im looking for Beauty & The Beast on DVD as a xmas gift for a friend, iv only found it for a stupid price of over £30..
if anyone can find it cheaper please post back and thanks in advance.

1. Ask
  2. Beauty
  3. DVD
11 Comments

Is it a particular edition, is it animated or not, it's just that a quick search brings up a load of them

]http//ww…eq=

Original Poster

sorry its the original animated version. found it on play play.com/DVD…tml
but its not cheap.

Oh your after the special edition one - that is going to be much more expensive

Is you want the disney one you will have to pay loads - ive got the aladdein 2disc and lion king 2 disc and they are worth loads now

dready

sorry its the original animated version. found it on play … sorry its the original animated version. found it on play http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/104955/Beauty-And-The-Beast-Collector-Edition/Product.htmlbut its not cheap.

I really don't think you will find a new copy of this special edition cheap anywhere! I got mine when it first released in winter 2002, and the last time I checked, most of eBay sellers got about 30-35 pounds for a used copy. So, you probably should consider the alternative.

And the year for Disney to re-released this movie: 2012.

I've never used this site before but is the cheapest I can find.Although it's not the special edition it's the cheapest alternative :thumbsup:

a1dvd.co.uk/pro…106

Steve_Taylor

I've never used this site before but is the cheapest I can find.Although … I've never used this site before but is the cheapest I can find.Although it's not the special edition it's the cheapest alternative :thumbsup: http://a1dvd.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=106

The DVD (or I should say picture) from above link actually is a platinum edition, but I think it's an American version. So it's a region 1 DVD. Since I'm a huge fan of this movie, I also have this American version. If your DVD player can play region 1 disc, I will say buy it (if you are fine with the store/site), since it' a fine version anyway (basically, it's exactly the same as the UK special version).

chh33

The DVD (or I should say picture) from above link actually is a platinum … The DVD (or I should say picture) from above link actually is a platinum edition, but I think it's an American version. So it's a region 1 DVD. Since I'm a huge fan of this movie, I also have this American version. If your DVD player can play region 1 disc, I will say buy it (if you are fine with the store/site), since it' a fine version anyway (basically, it's exactly the same as the UK special version).

It does say Region compatible: UK/Europe* so It must be region 2, no ?

Steve_Taylor

It does say Region compatible: UK/Europe* so It must be region 2, no ?

If the DVD they are selling is exactly same same as the picture they posted in the website, I will say no. I just checked my copy, from the backcover, it shows region 1 mark very clearly, not region 2 or region 0.

However, if your DVD player can play multi-region disc, it should be fine.

I have a region free dvd player so I've ordered for my daughter for Christmas. I'm quite interested to see what region it will be when delivered. I'll let you know when received. Thanks for your help chh33

I have the Special Edition with the red box (region 2) from 2002 - looks like I'll be popping it on ebay at some time. Unusual for DVD's to be an investment :-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247657
    2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 191 ***1328
    3. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4178
    4. Add one, leave one game54415459

See more discussions