Groups

Becoming a Mod

How does one become a mod ( not the style icon)

Ive been a member on here for almost 4 years and ive seen people who have been on for barely a year get moderator priveleges

So I ask what do I require to be a mod ?

Daniel

96 Comments

Banned

too many wannabee mods

Banned

The day you become a mod, is the day I quit.

So I fully expect you to be given that status by the end of the week!

Original Poster

vibeone;8397572

The day you become a mod, is the day I quit.So I fully expect you to be … The day you become a mod, is the day I quit.So I fully expect you to be given that status by the end of the week!

Why the hate vibeone you are a fellow HUKD original :oops:

I believe u need to use contact us and say why u think u deserve to be a mod what qualities u could bring to the table etc and then I guess they would reply to you in regards to that

Banned

dandoc2;8397576

Why the hate vibeone you are a fellow HUKD original :oops:

you're not good with power thats all. Fifa. Remember?

No hate, your a decent user, but not mod material IMO :P I agree its a little odd they go for new users for mods sometimes, but I guess most long term members have blotted their copybook at least a few times.

You must face an "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" style test.

Original Poster

Ive been suspended for probably the more stupid things - one was for self referral as i linked a youtube video i had made.............and the others were bumping too often and posting an item for sale twice

numptyj;8397581

I believe u need to use contact us and say why u think u deserve to be a … I believe u need to use contact us and say why u think u deserve to be a mod what qualities u could bring to the table etc and then I guess they would reply to you in regards to that

Plus thrown £10,000 in the pot just to make sure you dont get black balled....:thumbsup:

Original Poster

vibeone;8397587

you're not good with power thats all. Fifa. Remember?No hate, your a … you're not good with power thats all. Fifa. Remember?No hate, your a decent user, but not mod material IMO :P I agree its a little odd they go for new users for mods sometimes, but I guess most long term members have blotted their copybook at least a few times.

:-( Im one of the best and was top 100 in the rep league before that was banished - Even the ability to lock threads would do me as i hate scammers and try to report quick before someone gets done over

Blimey you've been here longer than me :santa:

Original Poster

vibeone;8397587

you're not good with power thats all. Fifa. Remember?No hate, your a … you're not good with power thats all. Fifa. Remember?No hate, your a decent user, but not mod material IMO :P I agree its a little odd they go for new users for mods sometimes, but I guess most long term members have blotted their copybook at least a few times.

:-( Im one of the best and was top 100 in the rep league before that was banished - Even the ability to lock threads would do me as i hate scammers and try to report quick before someone gets done over

13544 rep points and counting

SuperEd

darren9030;8397607

+1

Original Poster

darren9030;8397607

Only just I almost left when they changed the site but i couldnt leave

anyone who is desperate enough to create a thread crying about not being a mod should never ever be allowed to mod.

You have to be objective, impartial, have common sense, have plenty of time to dedicate to the mod duties and contribute positively.....

....in the meantime we have to do with the mods that are here so feel free to influence!

LOL

Original Poster

ants97;8397625

anyone who is desperate enough to create a thread crying about not being … anyone who is desperate enough to create a thread crying about not being a mod should never ever be allowed to mod.

Anyone who criticises someone for creating a thread to become a mod wants to be a mod ergo should never become a mod either:thinking:

Banned

dandoc2;8397610

:-( Im one of the best and was top 100 in the rep league before that was … :-( Im one of the best and was top 100 in the rep league before that was banished - Even the ability to lock threads would do me as i hate scammers and try to report quick before someone gets done over13544 rep points and counting

you think? No.

BTW, do you mean 113544? Cos I've got 30000 and summut, and I've got a sneeking suspicion I'm not mod material

1) You have to have no sense of humour
    2) Need to be able to butt in/join dicussions when it's not even neccessary or wanted
    3) Need to have been bullied at school

If you fit these 3 rules you are halfway there.

*awaits ban*

Original Poster

vibeone;8397637

you think? No.BTW, do you mean 113544? Cos I've got 30000 and summut, and … you think? No.BTW, do you mean 113544? Cos I've got 30000 and summut, and I've got a sneeking suspicion I'm not mod material

No 13544 :oops:

When i say mod i dont mean like rayman i mean like being able to unexpire threads and deals or locked for sale items etc nothing too fancy rather than just another member:whistling:

When did the HUKD site begin?

Original Poster

Shakey Mic;8397648

2005 i think

Banned

dandoc2;8397647

No 13544 :oops:When i say mod i dont mean like rayman i mean like being … No 13544 :oops:When i say mod i dont mean like rayman i mean like being able to unexpire threads and deals or locked for sale items etc nothing too fancy rather than just another member:whistling:

That will never happen, you are not mod material. Or "unexpirer" material.

mr.potato_head;8397641

1) You have to have no sense of humour2) Need to be able to butt in/join … 1) You have to have no sense of humour2) Need to be able to butt in/join dicussions when it's not even neccessary or wanted3) Need to have been bullied at schoolIf you fit these 3 rules you are halfway there.*awaits ban*

Well, I liked you while it lasted...

Original Poster

vibeone;8397660

That will never happen, you are not mod material. Or "unexpirer" … That will never happen, you are not mod material. Or "unexpirer" material.

ah i remember why the hate - your the always BOLD text guy i had a go at in 2007 and go suspended fr swearing ahhhhh

jubbyme;8397569

too many wannabee mods

2,389 posts in 3 months.

That is wannabe mod material written all over it.

dandoc2;8397636

Anyone who criticises someone for creating a thread to become a mod wants … Anyone who criticises someone for creating a thread to become a mod wants to be a mod ergo should never become a mod either:thinking:

sigh (on the internet, in real life I gave up on this thread a little while ago, the cool pic thread now has my attention as it really isn't a very cool pic at all.)

Banned

dandoc2;8397666

ah i remember why the hate - your the always BOLD text guy

um.. yeah... i hate you because I always use bold text? Makes sense.

P.S: Nice edit, but I didnt use bold text back then. Another fail. Bad modship.

Shakey Mic;8397648

After a quick investigation I would guess around August 2004.

Original Poster

ants97;8397671

sigh (on the internet, in real life I gave up on this thread a little … sigh (on the internet, in real life I gave up on this thread a little while ago, the cool pic thread now has my attention as it really isn't a very cool pic at all.)

that picture crashed my netbook

Banned

mr.potato_head;8397670

2,389 posts in 3 months. That is wannabe mod material written all over it.

If wannabemod means too much time and too many rubbish posts!:thumbsup:

but, no, do not wish to run the asylum, thank you. Being a leader of the world of morons is not on my wish list.

I also think you will find a couple of mods with an inbox of filth after i got some infractions, no wish to make friends there

shibi din;8397678

After a quick investigation I would guess around August 2004.

11 Aug 2004 06:55:50:thumbsup:

dandoc2;8397647

No 13544 :oops:When i say mod i dont mean like rayman i mean like being … No 13544 :oops:When i say mod i dont mean like rayman i mean like being able to unexpire threads and deals or locked for sale items etc nothing too fancy rather than just another member:whistling:

well I'm sure that will score you mod points....lol

do you mean duties like Santa's Little Helper? ......you should ask Cuzzy, hes been 'upgraded' recently. Ask him what he's been doing to get those 'privileges'.

:thumbsup:

Lol I have like 17k of worthless rep and I was banned for ages shows u how lame it is no wonder they got rid of it, now doubt the majority of it was word game rep or stupid stuff when I first joined up

Original Poster

Right I go away saddened and alone with the feeling im not popular or mod material - right im off to watch Law Abiding Citizen - A story not to disimilar to this

dandoc2;8397610

:-( Im one of the best and was top 100 in the rep league before that was … :-( Im one of the best and was top 100 in the rep league before that was banished - Even the ability to lock threads would do me as i hate scammers and try to report quick before someone gets done over13544 rep points and counting

no u wernt i was about 105 in the league and ive got 34700 odd rep

dandoc2;8397679

that picture crashed my netbook

all you missed was a load of multi coloured words in a big crappy spiral that looks like a firework graphic created on a spectrum 48k. rubbish

ants97;8397698

all you missed was a load of multi coloured words in a big crappy spiral … all you missed was a load of multi coloured words in a big crappy spiral that looks like a firework graphic created on a spectrum 48k. rubbish

Good analysis. He isn't lieing.

dandoc2;8397693

Right I go away saddened and alone with the feeling im not popular or mod … Right I go away saddened and alone with the feeling im not popular or mod material - right im off to watch Law Abiding Citizen - A story not to disimilar to this

They find out gerard butler has been leaving prison and they set a bomb off under his bed

Wooooops lol

Banned

dandoc2;8397610

13544 rep points and counting

lol that is naaaaathing!

Original Poster

micoo;8397695

no u wernt i was about 105 in the league and ive got 34700 odd rep

Nope i was i remember rightly i was 100th before the league went i was on page 2 - unless ive lost rep due to being suspended/banned ???
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7271383
      2. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047187
      4. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918

See more discussions