Groups
    EXPIRED

Bedroom LCD

I'm looking for an LCD TV for the bedroom. Minimum size I'd go for is 17" and the bigger the better really but budget is £200 at a push. If I can spend less, then great. Must have a digital tuner.

Looking most appealing is £150 for a 19" Vistron or Sense on Ebuyer. The user reviews are very useful as it can be a gamble buying TVs from unknown brands. I've been watching local ebay sales with no luck.

Anyone know of any better deals?

9 Comments

Hi gus,

Are you asking everyone or is it just people called Gus you want answers from. :whistling:

Original Poster

Damn, meant to type guys. Dunno why I even put an introduction in anyway...

Forgot to add - must have a digital tuner and built-in DVD player would be a bonus but I often here about these breaking... though usually the screen still works afterwards.

Original Poster

If I'm correct it doesn't have a digital tuner?

PoisonJam;2672187

If I'm correct it doesn't have a digital tuner?

it doesn't have a digital tuner - you could always get a separate box (with the money you would save lol)

you are guaranteed quality and an amazing display with sony - i'm guessing you won't be interested though

Banned

This is nice at £194, but the delivery charge is astronomical :w00t:

kadooav.com/pro…289

Banned

This one at £169 includes a DVD player dabs.com/pro…ZG6

Original Poster

jonnyq;2672260

it doesn't have a digital tuner - you could always get a separate box … it doesn't have a digital tuner - you could always get a separate box (with the money you would save lol)you are guaranteed quality and an amazing display with sony - i'm guessing you won't be interested though

I just don't want the extra box. Just now I have a 14" CRT and a couple of speakers plugged into my DVD player as the TV speaker doesn't work! I'm really looking for a neater, tidier solution. There are the the freeview boxes that are the size of SCART sockets but they're not cheap so it just pushes the price up and they're not meant to be that great...

I have a 42" Panasonic plasma in the main room so this TV is just for some half-opened-eyed late night/early morning viewing.

Original Poster

Thanks for the links, FC. Shame that del charge really kills that Samsung deal

Dabs value is an option I'll add to my list. Not a lot of user feedback there, just about the Dab service.

Banned

PoisonJam;2672425

Thanks for the links, FC. Shame that del charge really kills that Samsung … Thanks for the links, FC. Shame that del charge really kills that Samsung deal :(Dabs value is an option I'll add to my list. Not a lot of user feedback there, just about the Dab service.

Yeah the del charge is astronomical, I dont know whether its worth beating them down on that delivery, or are you able to collect?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Slow Cooker with Kikkoman77
      2. Win £1000 @ Capital FM1919
      3. Win £50,000 with ITV7 (Closes 2:25pm Saturday 09/09)22
      4. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 International Giveaway!77

See more discussions