Bedroom TV help

Posted 4th Jan
Hi All,
Bit of a technophobe here!
I'm looking for recommendations for a 32 inch smart tv for my bedroom, will only be used for Netflix and possibly Amazon prime. I don't want to spend loads, thinking sub £200 if that's possible. Have searched deals on here and most are for bigger screens; have seen amazon have got a sony on deal of the day for £199 and argos have this for £179 (https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9372698) - when looking at a basic/cheap model does it really make that much of a difference?!
Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
Comes with Netflix and Prime video hotukdeals.com/dea…264
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 4th Jan
Mid-range TVs don't go down below 40" these days, so all 32" TVs should be considered budget models.

I haven't had a play with the B5600, but Hisense's budget TVs in the past have been very poor with slow interfaces and terrible sound. They make decent mid-range ones, but I'd want to see that one before considering buying it.

The Sony WE613 on Amazon looks much more promising, if that's the one you're talking about.
amazon.co.uk/dp/…Z8/
Hi OP, I'm literally looking for the exact same thing as you =). We've tried a budget Cello TV and it was a miserable fail. We have a Samsung as the main lounge TV, mainly because it was one of th two (LG being the other) that had no issues with installing and running both Amazon and Netflix. I would also like to spend less than £200 and haven't been able to find anything as of yet.
RiverDragon804/01/2020 23:45

Comes with Netflix and Prime video …Comes with Netflix and Prime video https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/toshiba-32ll3a63db-32-full-hd-smart-tv-16198-at-costco-with-5-year-warranty-3380264

You need to be a Costco member in order to purchase from them online, correct?
Edited by: "suzboobs" 5th Jan
I think a lot will depend on if you want an HD or an HD ready model. I found a SHARP 32" HD ready smart model in Tesco with a shelf price of £159, not reduced or anything. But I know I would rather have an HD one.
suzboobs05/01/2020 00:26

I think a lot will depend on if you want an HD or an HD ready model. I …I think a lot will depend on if you want an HD or an HD ready model. I found a SHARP 32" HD ready smart model in Tesco with a shelf price of £159, not reduced or anything. But I know I would rather have an HD one.

I think I'd prefer HD but would have HD ready if it meant getting a bargain as it's only for the bedroom.
Honestly, they’re all crap unless you spend decent money on them. I’ve still not found a worthwhile upgrade picture wise to my 12 year old 32 inch Samsung. I’ve tried a few all under 200 and they have all been returned. Last one was an LG smart one and it was just slow. Picture was garbage.
Take a trip to a Tesco extra they have tv on show and pretty cheep to. Toshiba and sharp have 32 models which are pretty ok for occasional watching
found this on currys who seem to have around 35 tellies that are 32" or under
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
Money_Saving_Mum05/01/2020 07:46

I think I'd prefer HD but would have HD ready if it meant getting a …I think I'd prefer HD but would have HD ready if it meant getting a bargain as it's only for the bedroom.

Then I could recommend the Tesco Sharp one.
Don't sony still make decent 32inch tvs? I wouldn't consider my 32inch sony a budget model.

I'm after a cheap 32inch tv as well for the spare room.

Have you considered a dumb tv like a linsar and adding smart features by adding a streaming box of some kind?

Linsar can be picked up for £130 with a 5 year guarantee.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 5th Jan
I picked up a white jvc 32inch tv from currys ebay clearance. It has a dodgy box but for just over £100 can't go wrong.If you go looking for one watch out as they have 2 versions both the same price and one has a missing stand.

It's only 720p and not sure what if any smart features it has but we can always add smart features later if needed.

Will make a great little tv for the spare room.

That linsar one can be had for just over £100 today from hughes. There's a few on ebay that are cracking deals with the 20% discount.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 6th Jan
LG 32LM6300PLA

WebOS is easily the best smart tv platform, It's freeview and freesat, HDR and FullHD etc.. unlikely to get a better spec'd 32" TV. Will probably support most apps much longer than laggy Vestel type tv's etc..
suzboobs05/01/2020 00:18

You need to be a Costco member in order to purchase from them online, …You need to be a Costco member in order to purchase from them online, correct?

You can pay £15 for online membership to buy from the website. So if the saving is good enough its worthwhile.
Money_Saving_Mum05/01/2020 07:46

I think I'd prefer HD but would have HD ready if it meant getting a …I think I'd prefer HD but would have HD ready if it meant getting a bargain as it's only for the bedroom.

I don't know if you have Amazon, but they're having an extra 20% off of their already reduced Warehouse Deals.
We got a brand new (sold as like new) Sharp tv for £132.
We've set it up and are super pleased with it.
smile.amazon.co.uk/Sha…8-6
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions