Groups
    EXPIRED

Beef from Aldi

Hello, I've tried turkeys from Aldi and they are great. However, I've never tried a joint of beef - can somebody let me know if the beef joints are any good and roughly how much I would be paying per kg? Thank you.

13 Comments

bought a £11 joint the other day
    was really nice
    the joint was big enough for 6 easily

Original Poster

anythingcolin

bought a £11 joint the other daywas really nice the joint was big enough … bought a £11 joint the other daywas really nice the joint was big enough for 6 easily

Looking for the cheapest deal at the moment for New Year - the best I can find so far is Tesco, half price - £5 per kg. Was hoping that Aldi might be around the same price. However, would like to say that we bought their frozen basted turkey for Christmas Day and it was superb - 2nd time I've tried turkey from Aldi and I will definitely be buying one again from there next year. Thank you.

We bought a Tesco finest rolled side of sirloin for Christmas Eve and it was ok.

We bought an Aldi specially selected rib of beef which we had yesterday and it was one of the best pieces of beef we have ever had.

Having said that I know from past experience that there is no guarantee of good quality beef from any of the major supermarkets---sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not, but this Sundays rib was perfect.

Original Poster

daveoc

We bought a Tesco finest rolled side of sirloin for Christmas Eve and it … We bought a Tesco finest rolled side of sirloin for Christmas Eve and it was ok.We bought an Aldi specially selected rib of beef which we had yesterday and it was one of the best pieces of beef we have ever had.Having said that I know from past experience that there is no guarantee of good quality beef from any of the major supermarkets---sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not, but this Sundays rib was perfect.

Never tried a rib of beef before, might take a look. Thank you.

Never tried beef but there steak is amazing

I go to Lidl or Tesco. Tesco have an offer on beef, think silver top side 1/3 off rather than half price like the other offer and I have cooked it a few times and was very nice. Worth paying a bit more for new years.
    Or get finest smoked gammon from Tesco, be great for New Years

beef brisket is great from lidl just melts in your mouth.

adamsa29

beef brisket is great from lidl just melts in your mouth.

Takes forever to cook though?

I bought the Tesco beef joint and cooked it in the slow cooker was delicious had trouble cutting it as it fell to bits .

Aldi is around £5.95 a kilo, Tesco have beef ribs half price either £8 or £9 a Kilo (standard/finest) if you can afford it go for the rib it is the best cut without a doubt , i wouldn't touch Lidl was tough as boots when we got some

Original Poster

deanos

Aldi is around £5.95 a kilo, Tesco have beef ribs half price either £8 or … Aldi is around £5.95 a kilo, Tesco have beef ribs half price either £8 or £9 a Kilo (standard/finest) if you can afford it go for the rib it is the best cut without a doubt , i wouldn't touch Lidl was tough as boots when we got some

Might have to go to Aldi, I've tried two local Tesco Express and they have sold out of the beef on offer (£5 per kg). It's a few miles to Tesco Extra for me, so might turn out cheaper just to buy it at Aldi which is a 5 minute drive away. Thank you.

ive had some nice beef and steaks from aldi, I think all fresh meat from aldi is red tractor labelled too. a sign of good quality .

the 28 day aged beef is a great deal .steaks and joints well worth the money.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions