beef joint

Found 15th Dec 2017
can i put beef joint in slow cooker
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I would simply type in search engine beef joint slow cooker..... it rearlly works
25 Comments
Yeah I do it in the pan all round to seal (season however) it then chuck it in with half a pint of stock leave it all day to eat at night
I would simply type in search engine beef joint slow cooker..... it rearlly works
Yes you can
Beef and lamb is the best! So yes.. We do all the time. A whole chicken ain't good though. Drain off liquid 2 hours into cooking if you can. That's how we cook our meat.. Slower the better but if short of time the higher setting is fine. We put just a drop of water in to start it off. Stops it burning and keeps it moist at start.. Really nothing to learn. Drop of water and turn on.
Edited by: "wayners" 15th Dec 2017
Original Poster
i just chucked it in with s bit of water and seasonaling, i need it in about six hours, medium rare,, i put it on auto, should i put it on high
jonmarz894 m ago

i just chucked it in with s bit of water and seasonaling, i need it in …i just chucked it in with s bit of water and seasonaling, i need it in about six hours, medium rare,, i put it on auto, should i put it on high

depends on the size but that should be plenty of time.
Original Poster
970 grams
Edited by: "Pricklerickle" 15th Dec 2017
Nice bit of Brisket surrounded by 3 or 4 quartered onions! Get it in there ........Yum!!
best joint you can get. hardly any side effects.
i am no cook, but as far as i understand, anything can go into a slow cooker.
mutley129 m ago

i am no cook, but as far as i understand, anything can go into a slow …i am no cook, but as far as i understand, anything can go into a slow cooker.

I made a cake in a slow cooker once. Broke a tooth on it.
mutley11 h, 12 m ago

i am no cook, but as far as i understand, anything can go into a slow …i am no cook, but as far as i understand, anything can go into a slow cooker.

Except fast food
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 8 m ago

I made a cake in a slow cooker once. Broke a tooth on it.

I made a cake in the oven once. Broke a tooth on it
Auto is the high setting for 2 hours then to the medium... High is high... And if you look at temperatures there is not much difference between high and medium... Some have a low just to keep it warm.. We find nothing in it other than auto is what we use the most
Edited by: "wayners" 15th Dec 2017
I've just ordered a 4lb prime rib roast (bone removed) for Boxing Day.
Original Poster
wayners4 h, 40 m ago

Auto is the high setting for 2 hours then to the medium... High is high... …Auto is the high setting for 2 hours then to the medium... High is high... And if you look at temperatures there is not much difference between high and medium... Some have a low just to keep it warm.. We find nothing in it other than auto is what we use the most

my settings is just auto , low, high
jonmarz898 h, 58 m ago

my settings is just auto , low, high

Ah.. Well auto will be high for 2
Hours then it will switch to low... Trouble with high setting is it can rattle lid, and spit.. Nothing much in the temp between the 2 settings so don't really matter which setting you use. That's what we have found
I know a few who put their joints in the slow cooker, not sure about the beef though!
Original Poster
i usually just use low, auto if on rush, as i find high too high
Is this like a pre-tease of what's to come when we lose net neutrality?

"Hey, anyone who is a member of Google cooking can you just check how long I should cook my turkey for?"
DeafCassette17 h, 19 m ago

I've just ordered a 4lb prime rib roast (bone removed) for Boxing Day.

I wouldn't stick that in the slow cooker.

It would be like braising sirloin steak.
hearts2250 m ago

I wouldn't stick that in the slow cooker. It would be like braising …I wouldn't stick that in the slow cooker. It would be like braising sirloin steak.

Just roast it in the oven. Is that best? Thanks.
DeafCassette30 m ago

Just roast it in the oven. Is that best? Thanks.

With a nice cut like that yes.
We often cook cheaper cuts of beef in the slow cooker, did one yesterday actually. Brown all sides in a frying pan, put it in the slow cooker with some stock and onions and leave it for hours....
I wouldn't recommend it. Beef is one of the things I've never managed to slow cook well. Maybe I overcook mine of something, but it seems to me that beef comes out of a slow cooker losing all the properties that make beef as delicious as it is.

Personally, I'd rather slice the joint into slabs the width of a phonebook, and do them as steaks. Preferably so blue that the only part actually cooked is the surface bacteria. Much nicer, Imo.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions