Expired

Been sent two phones

Found 7th Oct 2014
I ordered the iPhone 6 but Vodafone messed my order up serval times ordering the wrong one. After a week of hassle they ordered me the right one and now I have the iPhone 6. Two days later I recieve a iPhone 6 plus.. I've checked my bills and only shows one contract .. To top it off they have been texiting me saying sorry your phone hasn't arivved we are putting 5 pound into your account every week as you haven't got your phone yet. What shall I do??
Community Updates
48 Comments
I think you should send me your spare phone.
you can send it to me if you like!
I will give you £50 for one of your iphone 6 please
Hahaha will they know if I sell it?
Keep quiet for a while.... then sell it ☺
Yeah I was thinking that it's been two weeks but I'll leave it a month or two
Brilliant! Id be careful though as they may realise in the future. Did you sign when you received it?
My brother signed for it
LunnStar

My brother signed for it

If they've got a signature as received goods, once they check through they will be in touch. I wouldn't risk trying to sell it as you will no doubt get stung for it
Act dumb its there mistake and enjoy :-)
They will have a record of the serial number
I think you have to be up front with them. Phone them explain what's happened and tell them to make arrangements to collect the extra phone. If they don't then collect it then I believe you are in a position to "dispose" of it after a few weeks. But you need to be up front and make it possible for them to sort it out.
keep it until you get your first bill. if they haven't noticed by then, I doubt they ever will. if they contact you, just explain them the problems you had when they sent out the wrong phone and they must be getting confused. if I were you I would keep the one I ordered and sell the other one.
You should be up front mate. Im not sure on the legalities of this, but lets just say that they have your bank details!! If they eventually charge you for it, you'll then spend forever trying to get that money back (they'll pull the old clecrical error, just so they get the money!!)
you have to be careful if you sell if cos if they do notice then they'll put a block on the phone
leave it a few months. check if imei has been blocked via check mend then sell if all ok =)

it's happened to a friend of mine before just wait a bit I doubt they know what's gone where
Just be honest and hand it back, what's up with people these days
Edited by: "claire7519" 7th Oct 2014
keep both or be honest ,,,
I have heard of such a story with o2 where someone ordered an iPhone 5 and was sent the wrong colour, so he didnt open it and complained. he was sent a replacement however it snowed and the exchange didnt occur. called again saying he didnt receive the phone. the next day he got two different deliveries and non of them show an exchange or pickup on the delivery. so he ended up with three new iPhones

Edited by: "fahed2000" 7th Oct 2014
if you sell it and they end up finding out, they'll block the iPhone then the buyer won't be very happy lol
Keep them, then when you run out of mates, either phone yourself or bribe someone with a phone.
Send it back, its not worth the hassle.
I believe you should keep it. Maybe not sell it but lend it to fam memb or friends? In few months if norhings cone of it then sell it. I dont think they will hunt you down nd unlikely to try block it as with most big companies - the info will get logged and forgotten. Some one elses problem syndrome.
my sister used to work for Vodafone dispatch department. when a new phone release come out it to hectic and orders go wrong all the time. they know sometimes extra or wrong items are sent but there policy was not to mention it until the customer brings it up. if u ask then they ask u send it back but otherwise wait but i doubt they ever ask. or like the threads above send it to me and i pass it to her to send it back.
they might report the phone lost/stolen.
I will take a punt on it not getting blocked, and offer you £10 but i want postage paid as well.
Lucky white heather. Just hang onto it for another couple of weeks, then sell it. It's their own fault for being incompetent .
The serial number is logged, id ring them and explain and ask them to cover postage. Its not worth the hassle and fraud charge if you get caught (which you will).

You are aware of the error and deliberately covering up. Id rather stay in the law...
claire7519

Just be honest and hand it back, what's up with people these days

I agree Claire, clearly there is something wrong with certain peoples upbringing.
Edited by: "Musician" 8th Oct 2014
inform them that they have made a mistake. give them times dates and places they can arrange for signed collection of it. If they cant do it in a certain time then I believe it ll be yours to do what you wish with it.
Considering they gave me the worst service I ever had! I spent 3 hours everyday for a week sorting it out. Don't see why I should go out my way to tell them they have made a mistake
Then dont. But by blindly keeping it and not informing them, you are undertaking a criminal offence and could face charges. Its essentially fraud. The property is not yours (by your own admission stating they have sent in error).

I would personally send them a recorded letter saying you have it and will hold it "in a storage capacity" for their collection within the next 14 days. If you have not heard from them by this point, exaplain that you will assume they do not wish to collect and will assume ownership.

Then at least you have explained and can prove such. If they dont respond, then you have done all you can.
Musician

I agree Claire, clearly there is something wrong with certain peoples … I agree Claire, clearly there is something wrong with certain peoples upbringing.

How does anybodys upbringing have to do with this? I was bought up to know right from wrong, hell, I found an iPhone on a night out once and used my own time and effort to find the person to return it to him even though it took a few days.

If a company sent me out two items, I'd keep them, sorry, but it's their problem, not mine, they won't even have proof anyway. The only thing they can do is block the phone when they realise.
titchyyyyy

How does anybodys upbringing have to do with this? I was bought up to … How does anybodys upbringing have to do with this? I was bought up to know right from wrong, hell, I found an iPhone on a night out once and used my own time and effort to find the person to return it to him even though it took a few days.If a company sent me out two items, I'd keep them, sorry, but it's their problem, not mine, they won't even have proof anyway. The only thing they can do is block the phone when they realise.

Well that's where you and I, and possibly our upbringing differ. I would return the phone, even at my expense.
titchyyyyy

How does anybodys upbringing have to do with this? I was bought up to … How does anybodys upbringing have to do with this? I was bought up to know right from wrong, hell, I found an iPhone on a night out once and used my own time and effort to find the person to return it to him even though it took a few days.If a company sent me out two items, I'd keep them, sorry, but it's their problem, not mine, they won't even have proof anyway. The only thing they can do is block the phone when they realise.

They dont have proof? Apart from proof of posting, signtaure of receipt and address posted to along with serial number of handset and IMEI number.

Keeping the phone just because its sent in error doesnt justify it.
Haha nothing to do with upbringing., mobile phone company's rip people off all the time been with Vodafone 5 years and every Bill is always a pound more at the least. If it was someone's phone I would happily send it back.
LunnStar

Considering they gave me the worst service I ever had! I spent 3 hours … Considering they gave me the worst service I ever had! I spent 3 hours everyday for a week sorting it out. Don't see why I should go out my way to tell them they have made a mistake

It might have been a one off, most of us have problems at some time or another when ordering things. If it was that bad I'd send both phones back and go elsewhere, especially if it's contract.
So because its a corporation as opposed to an individual its ok to defraud?

If you feel Vodafone "rip you off" then why place the order with them for the first phone rather then go elsewhere? And why not query your bill rather than blindly pay it if its higher than expected?
Edited by: "Drooler" 8th Oct 2014
Musician

Well that's where you and I, and possibly our upbringing differ. I would … Well that's where you and I, and possibly our upbringing differ. I would return the phone, even at my expense.

I wouldn't blame that on upbringing. I'm a poor student and £500-600~ would go amazingly far (If I was to sell the phone - which I would if I was given two). Although I would ring them saying I've received my iPhone now and to stop giving me £5's in my account, they wouldn't even bat an eyelid on a missing iPhone anyway since they have thousands and do not keep note of every single handset (I've worked in a shop before).

You most likely have a comfortable bank account in which you wouldn't notice £500 missing at the end of the day.
titchyyyyy

I wouldn't blame that on upbringing. I'm a poor student and £500-600~ … I wouldn't blame that on upbringing. I'm a poor student and £500-600~ would go amazingly far (If I was to sell the phone - which I would if I was given two). Although I would ring them saying I've received my iPhone now and to stop giving me £5's in my account, they wouldn't even bat an eyelid on a missing iPhone anyway since they have thousands and do not keep note of every single handset (I've worked in a shop before).You most likely have a comfortable bank account in which you wouldn't notice £500 missing at the end of the day.

Personal wealth aside, dishonesty is dishonesty and by keeping/selling goods that you do not own is a criminal offence.

Whilst a phone shop in the high street might not keep details, im pretty sure that vodafone as a corporation know how many handsets they have and serial numbers are logged. I know that when I was at O2 every invoice/despatch note contained the IMEI/serial of the handset being sent. Its a way to monitor theft and stock levels also.
I will email them now.. But I know 90% of people in my situation wouldn't tell them! Most people say you don't get anywhere doing everything by the book!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants