Bee's

Found 19th Jul
So, I've bought a new house, and whilst tidying the garden, I noticed bees going I'm the wall. Can anyone advise on whether I should get a pest man out. They don't particularly bother me, but are they damaging to the property?
2990095-KYOCV.jpg2990095-iz6Ac.jpg2990095-Ec3gC.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
these are bees, question is which type.
mason bees can do some damage to the bricks and mortar

I have bumble bees in my wall

bees dont normally cause any issues and are likely to leave the place and wont return. once that happens you can seal the hole.

I would ring local beekeeper for advice

PS> on closer inspection that looks like white tail bumblebee
this is a nice reference regarding nests and behaviour
southribble.gov.uk/sit…pdf
Edited by: "mattsk" 19th Jul
Why increase the pest count by getting a man out?
Some councils offer professional pest control services at £70+, although not convinced bees are classed as pests. Wasps may be pests.
Some species of bee produce milk
cuzzy1 h, 1 m ago

Aye, boobies.

Oh beehave yourself
Bees are a protected species, so if you do get someone out make sure they know what there doing

Personally if there not bothering you, I would leave them be, they dont go out of there way to sting, only as a last resort if there being threatened.
Edited by: "zirk" 19th Jul
zirk7 m ago

Bees are a protected species, so if you do get someone out make sure they …Bees are a protected species, so if you do get someone out make sure they know what there doingPersonally if there not bothering you, I would leave them be, they dont go out of there way to sting, only as a last resort if there being threatened.

34423179-A4mme.jpg

This bee doesn’t look protected
zirk45 m ago

Bees are a protected species, so if you do get someone out make sure they …Bees are a protected species, so if you do get someone out make sure they know what there doingPersonally if there not bothering you, I would leave them be, they dont go out of there way to sting, only as a last resort if there being threatened.

It's illegal to kill bee's. I'd leave them, they won't bother you. Come October fill up the hole and they will have died by then.
zirk50 m ago

Unfortunately bees are not a protected species in the UK, thats just an often repeated urban myth, though I agree that they are important and ought to be protected, and we should avoid harming them.
zirk54 m ago

Bees are a protected species

I like Bees, and encourage them into the garden, but please provide a link as to where they are a protected species in the UK
Delbert.Grady13 m ago

Unfortunately bees are not a protected species in the UK, thats just an …Unfortunately bees are not a protected species in the UK, thats just an often repeated urban myth, though I agree that they are important and ought to be protected, and we should avoid harming them.

I'm not in any rush to do anything about them, providing they aren't damaging to the property.
cideristhefuture18 m ago

It's illegal to kill bee's.

No it's not. Please provide a link.

I like bees and do encourage them into the garden - the more the merrier.
Just leave them bee
or if you prefer let it bee.....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants